Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 557
Default Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Chris Byrd, former 2-time heavyweight champ, the man who exposed Vitali Klitschko as a complete fraud, has a youtube channel where he does his breakdowns and predictions of various fights. Great stuff!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Beatle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Nice guy, and I watch his videos, but he doesn't shed much insight, imo.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

nice troll thread

getting beaten down with 1 arm and refusing the rematch later does not expose anyone.
Meow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 557
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
nice troll thread

getting beaten down with 1 arm and refusing the rematch later does not expose anyone.
Why would Byrd refuse a Vitali rematch and then fight the much harder-hitting Wladimir twice? Vitali on the other hand has beaten no one but bums his entire career, leaving all the real challenges to his brother.

The facts that you thought Vitali was winning that fight, and that you actually believed his lame excuse about the arm (which he used a lot even in the last round), are two clear symptoms of Vitali nut-huggery.

Chris Byrd said: "If I had lost to a guy and got criticized like that, I would want a rematch. I was the one who asked for a rematch, and they told me to fight Wladimir instead, who was a much harder fight for me style-wise."
Beatle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 334
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle View Post
Why would Byrd refuse a Vitali rematch
Asking such a question proves you don't know what you're talking about.

He ducked the rematch because he was getting beat handily by a one armed fighter, and he didn't want to wait the 6 months for Vitali to recover from shoulder surgery.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle View Post
Why would Byrd refuse a Vitali rematch and then fight the much harder-hitting Wladimir twice? Vitali on the other hand has beaten no one but bums his entire career, leaving all the real challenges to his brother.

The facts that you thought Vitali was winning that fight, and that you actually believed his lame excuse about the arm (which he used a lot even in the last round), are two clear symptoms of Vitali nut-huggery.

Chris Byrd said: "If I had lost to a guy and got criticized like that, I would want a rematch. I was the one who asked for a rematch, and they told me to fight Wladimir instead, who was a much harder fight for me style-wise."
Vitali was winning the fight with 1 arm:
time: 3:00 | referee: Genaro Rodriguez | judge: Melvina Lathan 88-83 | judge: Ruben M. Garcia 89-82 | judge: Joachim Jacobsen 88-83

Vitali has beaten guys that have taken out Wlad. Byrd had the option to either take Vitali or Wlad because he became champion, and he chose Wlad. Byrd isn't shit compared to Vitali. Don't compare a bum who couldn't do anything to Vitali with 1 arm as a threat to a fully healthy Vitali.
Meow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 557
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Vitali was winning the fight with 1 arm:
time: 3:00 | referee: Genaro Rodriguez | judge: Melvina Lathan 88-83 | judge: Ruben M. Garcia 89-82 | judge: Joachim Jacobsen 88-83

Vitali has beaten guys that have taken out Wlad. Byrd had the option to either take Vitali or Wlad because he became champion, and he chose Wlad. Byrd isn't shit compared to Vitali. Don't compare a bum who couldn't do anything to Vitali with 1 arm as a threat to a fully healthy Vitali.
So you believe everything piece of BS that Vitali says ("My poor arm hurt and so instead of just not using it and surviving 3 more rounds, I gave up my title") and of course everything Byrd says is a lie.

I say just look at the facts. Vitali lost to Byrd. Vitali held the title for several years after that and NEVER asked for a rematch. Can you do 2+2?

Your nut-huggery is so advanced that you even go so far as to believe German scorecards that were in favor of the hometown fighter. Great argument! I'm sure everyone who read that is thinking you've made your point!
Beatle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
Hammer Muldoon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

His channel is great. He's not afraid to tackle the big issues in the sport:

BORKED

Edit: Hadn't watched that video when i posted it. Just watched it now and it's hilarious.

Last edited by Hammer Muldoon; 03-17-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Hammer Muldoon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 334
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle View Post
So you believe everything piece of BS that Vitali says ("My poor arm hurt and so instead of just not using it and surviving 3 more rounds, I gave up my title") and of course everything Byrd says is a lie.

I say just look at the facts. Vitali lost to Byrd. Vitali held the title for several years after that and NEVER asked for a rematch. Can you do 2+2?

Your nut-huggery is so advanced that you even go so far as to believe German scorecards that were in favor of the hometown fighter. Great argument! I'm sure everyone who read that is thinking you've made your point!
Fine look at the facts. Vitali required surgery after the fight on the shoulder. FACT. Universum had the option on Byrd for the next fight, they told Byrd he either had to wait for Vitali to heal and rematch him, or fight Wlad. He took the beating from Wlad. FACT.

There was nothing to prove by Vitali that needed a rematch, he was clearly winning the fight, with one arm.

Also a fun fact, Vitali is STILL a world champion, filling soccer stadiums. Byrd dropped down to LW and CW and got knocked around and now resorts to Youtube commentary.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #10
Stinkmeaner
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 381
vCash: 450
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
nice guy, and i watch his videos, but he doesn't shed much insight, imo.
+1
Stinkmeaner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #11
Player3
THE Anti-Nutthugger
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murrika
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle View Post
Chris Byrd, former 2-time heavyweight champ,
the man who exposed Vitali Klitschko as a complete fraud, has a youtube channel where he does his breakdowns and predictions of various fights. Great stuff!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Damn skippy.

Exposed Vitali as the average B+ level fighter that he really is. Byrd put on a brilliant performance that evening and all on 10 days notice. And then was shamelessly ducked years later, when Byrd graciously extended an olive branch, to allow Vitali a chance at redeeming that disgraceful stain on his joke of a resume.
Player3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #12
Peppermint
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

He is excellent. Would probably make a tremendous commentator too.
Peppermint is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #13
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,517
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle View Post
Chris Byrd, former 2-time heavyweight champ, the man who exposed Vitali Klitschko as a complete fraud, has a youtube channel where he does his breakdowns and predictions of various fights. Great stuff!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #14
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,517
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Vitali's best win is the warrior in my avy.



Or Tomasz Adamek, depending on who you ask.

Talk about a crappy resume.
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #15
493dart
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chris Byrd is the Best Youtube Boxing Pundit!

Just watched a couple of his videos---BORING-- all he does is state the obvious.
493dart is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013