boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #16
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bradley "abandoned the gameplan" , really??

Bradley has ALWAYS been the one to press the issue. why he gets blamed for the Alexander-Bradley for being a snooze fest, i have no idea.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #17
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

strong willed guys often do that "warrior" **** even when it's not the optimal choice
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #18
[JoKeR]
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
Has anybody seen Bradley fight before? He always gets into wars. It's part of his mentality. I can't remember a Bradley fight where he didn't slug it out at some point. He did it during Pacquiao, and just about every fight I can remember. I don't think you can change that about him.
Except that he didn't slug against Pacquiao :S
[JoKeR] is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #19
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Quote:
Has anybody seen Bradley fight before? He always gets into wars. It's part of his mentality. I can't remember a Bradley fight where he didn't slug it out at some point. He did it during Pacquiao, and just about every fight I can remember. I don't think you can change that about him.
He indeed abandoned his gameplan If we believe Bradley's words

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
locard is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #20
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Gander, do you know anything about Boxing?
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #21
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by locard View Post
He indeed abandoned his gameplan If we believe Bradley's words

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
If you watch the fight again he was instructed to go out and box and that's what he did, but he kept getting caught. When Bradley's hurt his instincts kick in and he fights back. Ruslan was really pressing the issue and his punches were hurting Bradley almost every time he touched him. It isn't like Bradley just fought stupid the whole time. You got to give Ruslan some credit.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #22
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

His gameplan was built on overconfidence.

He thought Ruslan was a can and he thought he'd steamroll him. His comments in the buildup about "building up his power" and whatever are testament to this. Same with his choice of Cleto Reyes gloves over his usual Grant gloves. This was not a coincidence. He honestly thought he would trash Ruslan, and why not? Ruslan is a fringe 140 pounder moving up in weight.

Most of the guys on this forum were predicting a Bradley clinic or a beatdown leading to a stoppage. Instead, Ruslan wasn't as much of a can as he (and the majority of people here) thought, and he almost paid for it a number of times. It's simply wrong to suggest he chose to almost let Provodnikov nearly rip his head off; Provodnikov was not going to be deterred, and he caught Bradley with overhand rights repeatedly throughout the fight.

This was intended to be a dominant showcase performance from Bradley. Too bad for them that Provodnikov didn't suck as much as Tim and his fanboys all thought he did.

A lucky escape for Tim; not getting a knockdown called on him in round 1, not getting a 10-8 round called against him in round 2, and the referee frequently breaking Ruslan off him later in the fight whenever he was hurt all helped him escape with the win, as did the several non-calls in Round 12 when he fell back and was only held up by the ropes.

He barely survived/got by a fringe 140 pound contender with that degree of help; his title reign is over the moment he leaves Top Rank or fights a legitimate welterweight contender.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #23
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

yes he got off the gameplan re****. Joel Diaz mentioned what the gameplan was multiple times and it's obvious to anybody that it was to out box him and use angles and Bradley had a easy time doing that when he wasn't hurt
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #24
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Tim is game & has tons of heart, but he really is a poor boxing technician & was very lucky he wasn't decapitated last night. When he gets brawling, especially when he's hurt, he's almost comical to watch!

JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #25
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Bradley "abandoned the gameplan" , really??
More of a case of Ruslan forcing him into a war. To say Bradley made things harder for himself, is to be ignorant of the stuff Ruslan was doing. In those instances where Bradley was trading with him when hurt, Bradley's legs were taken away from him. He had no choice but to trade because Ruslan was on him like a beast. His bombs put him in a state we he didn't have the strength/senses to hold or run.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #26
JDezi4
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

No he doesn't... Not really... He does try the inside out on any opponent willing to oblige, but if he has to, he usually stays on the outside with only the occasional stop... Now maybe he's a "hit me I hit u back" kinda guy, but he's usually too smart to get in those kinds of exchanges with someone that hits that hard

And who comes up gameplans btw? The trainer, right? And what was the trainer's gameplan? Definitely wasn't to go what Bradley did
JDezi4 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #27
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
.. no he didn't. He came out boxing, got into a little scruff, and got caught with huge punch .

Same thing in the second round, Bradley boxed, then got caught / hurt and fought back. That's what he does.

I'm not saying Bradley wasn't trying to prove anything tonight, but he always fights like he's got a chip on his shoulder.
Watch the fight again. Please. When he got caught, he was flat-footed, not moving and was trading with Ruslan.

God damn you're annoying, cause you simply don't pay attention to fights.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #28
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

yeah what are some of yall watching? Bradley got hurt originally from fighting in the pocket flat footed
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #29
LACMEXAME
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Nothing wrong with taking risks like this, unless you're not being successful. In this case, he probably should have boxed more because the dude was beating his ass. You need to stick with your strengths. Later in the rounds, he was tired and had no choice but to brawl.
LACMEXAME is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #30
texboxing00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Its not typical bradley. Diaz was getting frustrated with him in the corner... Bradley went out to prove something and defiantly accomplished it. #TB WBO champ!!!
texboxing00 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum