Old 03-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #16
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Why I think Rusian should have won the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
There was no point in which Tim was "hurt" that he didn't fight back and continue to score. I disagree with the 2nd being 10-8 as Tim continued to score consistantly even after he was hurt.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #17
NWS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Sledge View Post
The fight was so good, I have to watch it again and score it again. I was not even going to watch the fight, but I'm so glad a did. What a classic fight. I give props to both fighters. I never saw this coming.

Me too. Casually walked into the living room all whatever, and almost dropped my drink when I saw Bradley getting put on queer street in the first round. Pretty sure my jaw dropped.
NWS is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #18
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
There was no point in which Tim was "hurt" that he didn't fight back and continue to score. I disagree with the 2nd being 10-8 as Tim continued to score consistantly even after he was hurt.
Remember the 12th round of the De la Hoya/Quartey fight? Oscar caught Ike good and pummeled the shit out of Ike. The ref could have stopped the fight, but Ike was still punching, even though he took a horrible beating. That was a 10-8 round. The round was very similar to the 2nd round of the Bradley/Provo fight, except the judges didn't award Rusian what he deserved.
Sister Sledge is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
Str8ryte
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Brad won. Deal with it.
Str8ryte is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #20
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Remember the 12th round of the De la Hoya/Quartey fight? Oscar caught Ike good and pummeled the shit out of Ike. The ref could have stopped the fight, but Ike was still punching, even though he took a horrible beating. That was a 10-8 round. The round was very similar to the 2nd round of the Bradley/Provo fight, except the judges didn't award Rusian what he deserved.
Pretty much. When all you can think of, what's keeping this guy standing, how did he ever make it out of the round, it's a 10-8
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #21
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Bradley only won because of the ref....after all the scorecards of two judges would be a draw if the first round was 10-8 like it should be....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #22
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8ryte View Post
Brad won. Deal with it.
Because the ref made a wrong call...
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #23
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Bradley only won because of the ref....after all the scorecards of two judges would be a draw if the first round was 10-8 like it should be....

Actually the ref did make the right call, I believed it was a Knock down and scored it 10-8 for Ruslan, rewatching the fight this afternoon you can clearly see that it was not a knock down.

Ruslan nailed Tim with a counter right over Tims Lazy jab that buzzed Tim wobbled him took his legs for a moment, However you can clearly see Tim bring his hands up slide inside and Ruslan pushes down on him....

He was pushed down he didnt go down as the result of the shot, though his legs were not all there when he did go down from the push, but again thats my point it wasnt a punch that put him down.

So the ref made the right call and I made a scoring error in ruling a Knock down in the 1st round when there wasnt one.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #24
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:
First off, my hat goes off to Timmy for putting on such a spirited effort. He fough his heart out, but he struggled so mightily just to keep his title. Hear are the reasons I thought he won the fight

1 - The first round should have been 10-8 and a knockdown should have been called on Timmy.
2 - The second round should have been 10-8 for Rusian, as he dominated the round and had Timmy out on his feet, and the fight actually could have been stopped in that round.
3 - Timmy was rocked several other times and barely survived several rounds.
4 - The ref was very generous with Timmy at the end of the 12th and gave him a slow count. He also let the time run out at the end of the round.

I don't think Bradley should have won because he showed heart. Even so, he did show that he has lots of boxing ability, and he can throw pretty hard to the body. He just is not big or strong enough to truly compete at WW. He's gonna get hurt. He needs to go down to JW. Even then, there are killers there that may take his head off. He is just too easy to hit.
I agree. Bradley was lying on the ground for a while and time should have been stopped during that time but they let the clock run down.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #25
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 30

We all know Bradley can barely crack an egg, but he was punching back. Whether landing or missing he was punching back and that in itself prevented the ref from stopping it. Nothing really to argue about. Ruslan was punching himself out I knew it, Roach knew it. Why in the hell would he want to pullout vs a pillowfist like Bradley? Because Ruslan was gassing, Bradley's punches were taking a toll, yet at the,sametime couldn't put Rusklan away. Surprised not many of you caught this. Somewhere in the 3rd,4th, 5th Ruslan wasn't punching at all. He was ready to go. Only thing I would agree with OP is Arum would of benefitted having Ruslan win with a more fan friendly style and brush Timmy aside, but I'm sure the people want to see both again.
elchivito is online now  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #26
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

the count in 12 was fine and the 10-8's are more of judgment calls than anything
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #27
pistal47
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I thought Bradley clearly won the fight. It's boxing, not who is stunned the most. Bradley clearly won the boxing match in my eyes, 1st round being 10-8 or not.
pistal47 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #28
yOyOyO_26
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
Yes, you can. It's in the rules.

And while Bradley was still moving his gloves in round two, he didn't actually land any significant punches. He was just instinctively (and bravely) doing "just enough" so that the ref wouldn't stop the fight. (Not that Pat Russell was about to stop it, anyway. He was clearly in Bradley's corner.)

IMO, there's no way you can justify NOT scoring round two a 10 -8.
And of course, in round one there was absolutely a KD (and don't try to pretend that Russell "made a mistake." - puh-leeeze...) So Prov deserved the win.

At the same time, Prov's inability to finish Bradley, when he had so many opportunities, and his gassing out at the end of round two when he could easily have closed the show, is troubling. The ref was fixed, the outcome is extreemely questionable, but the long-term effect is probably meaningless. (except to Providnakov, of course.)
I just rewatched the first 2 rounds no way were they 10-8, first one Bradley was winning until he got caught near the end so its 10-9 Ruslan, second round wasnt enough for a 10-8 either, people are saying they were brutal rounds but Bradley was 1 decent punch away from getting stopped where was that punch? Bradley was punching back the whole time people who say they are 10-8 are pactards
funny how every judge had the first 2 10-9 i wonder why
yOyOyO_26 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #29
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I had Provodnikov winning 113 -112
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #30
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Bradley is the Rondo of boxing, Sledge. THE RONDO OF BAAAAXING!
Boxed Ears is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum