Old 03-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #31
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why I think Rusian should have won the fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
We all know Bradley can barely crack an egg, but he was punching back. Whether landing or missing he was punching back and that in itself prevented the ref from stopping it. Nothing really to argue about. Ruslan was punching himself out I knew it, Roach knew it. Why in the hell would he want to pullout vs a pillowfist like Bradley? Because Ruslan was gassing, Bradley's punches were taking a toll, yet at the,sametime couldn't put Rusklan away. Surprised not many of you caught this. Somewhere in the 3rd,4th, 5th Ruslan wasn't punching at all. He was ready to go. Only thing I would agree with OP is Arum would of benefitted having Ruslan win with a more fan friendly style and brush Timmy aside, but I'm sure the people want to see both again.
He wasn't ready to go, he was gassed and conserving some energy. He was ready to start getting outclassed for the rest of the fight, but kept in it. Roach wasn't gonna stop it, you kidding? He's trying to motivate the fighter, and sure enough he came alive.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #32
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8ryte View Post
Brad won. Deal with it.
I have no problem with Bradley winning. I applaud his effort. Just because I feel he lost doesn't make me a hater. He's the champion, so he should get the nod in a close fight. Do I think he had a little help? Yes. Doesn't make the fight any less of a classic. Just shut the **** up and bring something to the conversation, mate.
Sister Sledge is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #33
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Bradley is the Rondo of boxing, Sledge. THE RONDO OF BAAAAXING!
He is not. Don't go there, man.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #34
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yOyOyO_26 View Post
I just rewatched the first 2 rounds no way were they 10-8, first one Bradley was winning until he got caught near the end so its 10-9 Ruslan, second round wasnt enough for a 10-8 either, people are saying they were brutal rounds but Bradley was 1 decent punch away from getting stopped where was that punch? Bradley was punching back the whole time people who say they are 10-8 are pactards
funny how every judge had the first 2 10-9 i wonder why
Round 1 is a 10-8 if the KD happened. IMO obvious delayed reaction KD, but ref didn't call it so you can't score 10-8.

Round 2 is a judgement call, but basically when you're amazed the guy made it out of the round on his feet, that's a 10-8, and that's what happened.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #35
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yOyOyO_26 View Post
I just rewatched the first 2 rounds no way were they 10-8, first one Bradley was winning until he got caught near the end so its 10-9 Ruslan, second round wasnt enough for a 10-8 either, people are saying they were brutal rounds but Bradley was 1 decent punch away from getting stopped where was that punch? Bradley was punching back the whole time people who say they are 10-8 are pactards
funny how every judge had the first 2 10-9 i wonder why
I had it 10-8 and I'm not a Pactard. Never cared for Pacquio. You seem to have a problem with someone who has a different opinion.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #36
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

I find it a lil funny how the people saying 'Bradley won' don't seem to understand that had the ref made the ACTUAL, right call in the 1st round, the official ruling would have been a draw.

Bradley literally only won that fight officially because the ref made a blatant wrong call.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #37
pistal47
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I find it a lil funny how the people saying 'Bradley won' don't seem to understand that had the ref made the ACTUAL, right call in the 1st round, the official ruling would have been a draw.

Bradley literally only won that fight officially because the ref made a blatant wrong call.
And thats fine because when scoring a fight i never take the ref/judges/commentators into consideration.
pistal47 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #38
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Sledge View Post
You need to watch the second round again. Bradley was in worse shape than he was in the first round. He was out on his feet and fighting on instinct, and getting pounded all across the ring.
Nah I agree 100% he was hurt...and close to being out, and would typically agree. I'm just pointing out that in this situation while yes he was hurt, he never stopped not only punching, but actually scoring.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #39
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
The fight was so good, I have to watch it again and score it again. I was not even going to watch the fight, but I'm so glad a did. What a classic fight. I give props to both fighters. I never saw this coming.

Helluva fight, best I've watched in a while...
Old 03-18-2013, 12:06 AM   #40
Sister Sledge
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Nah I agree 100% he was hurt...and close to being out, and would typically agree. I'm just pointing out that in this situation while yes he was hurt, he never stopped not only punching, but actually scoring.
The punches he did hit Rusian with weren't doing anything, while Provo almost had him out. He was walking on pins after the round.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #41
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post

I disagree with the assumption it was a knockdown. No doubt a punch hurt Tim, and his legs were gone but he would not have gone down if not pushed down. That said he may have gone down after that considering he was hurt, but he was pushed down at that time.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #42
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
He is not. Don't go there, man.
Alright.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #43
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
I disagree with the assumption it was a knockdown. No doubt a punch hurt Tim, and his legs were gone but he would not have gone down if not pushed down. That said he may have gone down after that considering he was hurt, but he was pushed down at that time.
If your legs are unable to withstand a very minor push 2 seconds after a massive blow, and you can't even stand up straight, thats a textbook delayed reaction KD.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #44
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI View Post
Totally unaffected punches...and in between those punches, he's getting nailed & knocked back 5 ft. many diff times.
Well who busted up Rusians face and why did his corner think about stopping the fight?Both fighters did damage just Bradley took more.I don't remember who said it but when a fighter keeps getting hit with right hands it's time to retire.
blackbolt396 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum