boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
richie leon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 1000
Default Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

Now, before i go on, i'm just making an observation here, not passing judgement on anyone or trying to kiss Mayweather's ass.

But Bradley's fight on saturday underlined exactly why Mayweather says what he does, as far as "my health comes first" and the like. If you start trying to please everybody and focus on ppl who are saying you're not exciting enough or whatever instead of focusing on winning the best way you know how to do, you're gonna f around and end up in the hospital like Timmy.

Mayweather makes a conscious choice to say "f what you all say, i'm gonna fight the opponent i want the way i want to fight him and still make the most money".

And whatever everybody wants to say, i bet 99% of the Mayweather haters would prefer to do exactly that over having to go into an ambulance after the fight with a bruised face and a concussion.
richie leon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 03-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Changfoo
Titanium
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 891
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

Mayweather is smart. Haters going to hate and they ain't going to take care of you when you are all broke and sick.

**** the fans, they only love you when you are winning, and **** all over you when you are losing.

If you can make the most money while taking less punishment, sign me up.

Health and Money > Bandwagon Fans respect = **** your respect
Changfoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie leon View Post
Now, before i go on, i'm just making an observation here, not passing judgement on anyone or trying to kiss Mayweather's ass.

But Bradley's fight on saturday underlined exactly why Mayweather says what he does, as far as "my health comes first" and the like. If you start trying to please everybody and focus on ppl who are saying you're not exciting enough or whatever instead of focusing on winning the best way you know how to do, you're gonna f around and end up in the hospital like Timmy.

Mayweather makes a conscious choice to say "f what you all say, i'm gonna fight the opponent i want the way i want to fight him and still make the most money".

And whatever everybody wants to say, i bet 99% of the Mayweather haters would prefer to do exactly that over having to go into an ambulance after the fight with a bruised face and a concussion.


Will he be remembered by fans for what he gave us. Yes, it's one of the fights this year so far.

But Bradley shortened his career after going through what he did last Saturday.

I hope nothing bad comes out from what he went through but history shows us something always does.
Dedication is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: C-Town AZ
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie leon View Post
Now, before i go on, i'm just making an observation here, not passing judgement on anyone or trying to kiss Mayweather's ass.

But Bradley's fight on saturday underlined exactly why Mayweather says what he does, as far as "my health comes first" and the like. If you start trying to please everybody and focus on ppl who are saying you're not exciting enough or whatever instead of focusing on winning the best way you know how to do, you're gonna f around and end up in the hospital like Timmy.

Mayweather makes a conscious choice to say "f what you all say, i'm gonna fight the opponent i want the way i want to fight him and still make the most money".

And whatever everybody wants to say, i bet 99% of the Mayweather haters would prefer to do exactly that over having to go into an ambulance after the fight with a bruised face and a concussion.
Good points. Floyd has already stated legacy doesn't pay the bills. People try to act like Manny has the more accomplished resume and all but Manny gets ****ed which ever way by everybody, even Roach who lives n Hollywood Hills. Manny is damaged goods now and will be broke quicker than Floyd. Plus fans are snakes who will turn on you. So who cares what fans think and it seems fighters are better off doing whats best for themselves. As far as Bradleys case. He needs a new trainer. That last fight will age him. He needs to learn better boxing technique because although he fought like a "warrior" which is usually praised on this site he still gets hated on for no reason. **** the fans and pleasing the crowd to a certain degree.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changfoo View Post
Mayweather is smart. Haters going to hate and they ain't going to take care of you when you are all broke and sick.

**** the fans, they only love you when you are winning, and **** all over you when you are losing.

If you can make the most money while taking less punishment, sign me up.

Health and Money > Bandwagon Fans respect = **** your respect
I feel as though you're getting haters mixed up with fans.

Mayweather's fans don't mind the way he fights. It's the haters that want to see him take punishment which softens him up for losses.
Dedication is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,273
vCash: 448
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

So I guess this rules out Canelo and Martinez. Might need to rule out Trout as well.

Next fight: "MAGIC" MATTHEW HATTON!!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RJJFan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
richie leon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
Good points. Floyd has already stated legacy doesn't pay the bills. People try to act like Manny has the more accomplished resume and all but Manny gets ****ed which ever way by everybody, even Roach who lives n Hollywood Hills. Manny is damaged goods now and will be broke quicker than Floyd. Plus fans are snakes who will turn on you. So who cares what fans think and it seems fighters are better off doing whats best for themselves. As far as Bradleys case. He needs a new trainer. That last fight will age him. He needs to learn better boxing technique because although he fought like a "warrior" which is usually praised on this site he still gets hated on for no reason. **** the fans and pleasing the crowd to a certain degree.
Why would Bradley need another trainer? I had the impression Diaz was telling him the right things, Bradley just wasn't listening. Probably still thinking about that disgusting comment by Freddie Roach "he's gonna run like Forrest Gump".
richie leon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 19,128
vCash: 613
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

Most fans don't know what it's like to get hit.
Nonito Smoak is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 31,265
vCash: 696
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

You know I really appreciated the effort Bradley gave and I think he deserves a lot of credit for his win. But really, I'd prefer if he just go out there and win the fight from the outside and even make it a boring fight if he needs to.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,574
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

Its one thing to fight a certain way to preserve health.

Its another thing to avoid certain fighters to preserve. One is smart, the other is ducking.

He said health comes first when the question was whether or not he would FIGHT Pac....not whether or not he would stand toe to toe and go to war.
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
richie leon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
So I guess this rules out Canelo and Martinez. Might need to rule out Trout as well.

Next fight: "MAGIC" MATTHEW HATTON!!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
How do you deduce that from my post? I never said Mayweather shouldn't look to challenge himself. I said that fighters f around and get into trouble when they try to get away from their style because people are talking negatively about the way they fight.
richie leon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 24,112
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

got to love *****s.
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: C-Town AZ
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie leon View Post
Why would Bradley need another trainer? I had the impression Diaz was telling him the right things, Bradley just wasn't listening. Probably still thinking about that disgusting comment by Freddie Roach "he's gonna run like Forrest Gump".
Bradley has tendacies of a brawler and what people call heart, I call stubbornness. Bradley took too much damage because his skill set and ring generalship is too low on top of lacking power. He needs to be introduced to slick blackness and stop fighting like a mma fighter. His trainer is good but it's like a Mexican adopting a black baby and teaching the baby spanish and Mexican history. **** somewhere is going to be off.
GOW7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

I think you guys need to cool it with your '**** the fans' comments, and rectify with '**** the haters' instead.

Remember in Bradley's case, it's the haters were sending him death threats, saying he was boring and not exciting. That's why he went out and looked a loss right dead in the face on Saturday night. Bradley's fans appreciate what he brings to the table.

You need to clearly need to distinguish between the two. Otherwise, you'll rub people the wrong way.
Dedication is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #15
iceferg
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,970
vCash: 2648
Default Re: Bradley showed why Mayweather says: "My safety comes first".

Fair enough that is his choice just like it is my choice to give my respect to the more talented guys out there who have the ***** to fight each other.
iceferg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015