boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
AREA 53
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 1000
Default Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Well, it was on a Re-Run of the old 70's British Action Series, The New Avengers ! (Well really, what did you expect ? ) This Episode filmed in Toronto, Some Rogue Russian agent was recruiting these Big guys (probably hired from the local Gym ? ) and honing them into super bare handed assassins...who could punching through walls and metal...

George played a local Redneck Troublemaker (even Acting he looked Bad News
Clad in his usual red Lumberjack Shirt ) and was felled and killed by one blow
from one of these eastern european thugs...Of course i spent the rest of the programme thinking that George could of destroyed the whole cast..with one arm tied behind his back...of course it was left to the British Agents (Old) John Steed (Little) Mike Gambit and the Girl (Purdy) to stylishly Kick and Chop these supposed supermen to defeat...without messing their hair...

As i recall Ol George also got his Arm ripped off in the movie The Fly

Ali used to say..if they even dream they could defeat me ..they better wake up and apologize ...It seems there was less reticence by Film and TV producers when it came to George...

Got to hand it to George though...he was convincing...whilst he was featured.
AREA 53 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
thehook13
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 22
vCash: 75
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Like this old photo of George. hard looking man back in his day
thehook13 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granada, Spain.
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREA 53 View Post
Well, it was on a Re-Run of the old 70's British Action Series, The New Avengers ! (Well really, what did you expect ? ) This Episode filmed in Toronto, Some Rogue Russian agent was recruiting these Big guys (probably hired from the local Gym ? ) and honing them into super bare handed assassins...who could punching through walls and metal...

George played a local Redneck Troublemaker (even Acting he looked Bad News
Clad in his usual red Lumberjack Shirt ) and was felled and killed by one blow
from one of these eastern european thugs...Of course i spent the rest of the programme thinking that George could of destroyed the whole cast..with one arm tied behind his back...of course it was left to the British Agents (Old) John Steed (Little) Mike Gambit and the Girl (Purdy) to stylishly Kick and Chop these supposed supermen to defeat...without messing their hair...

As i recall Ol George also got his Arm ripped off in the movie The Fly

Ali used to say..if they even dream they could defeat me ..they better wake up and apologize ...It seems there was less reticence by Film and TV producers when it came to George...

Got to hand it to George though...he was convincing...whilst he was featured.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...
Posts: 721
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Hmmmm, first time I've noticed that Chuvalo has 'gay' lips.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,596
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Hmmmm, first time I've noticed that Chuvalo has 'gay' lips.
If you ever should chance to meet him, tell him about that.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #6
Bummy Davis
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 10,004
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
If you ever should chance to meet him, tell him about that.

I dont think he will, in fact he will say your a masculine man George
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Fighting George Chuvalo must have been the most fun miserable thing a heavyweight boxer could do.

Willing target, not exceptionally dangerous with his punches, but teek tough, well conditioned, and game. Always brought in to 100% of his abilities.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 2,630
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Wasnt he in a cage fighting movie too? Think lou ferringo was in it as well but i may be wrong
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #9
Manassa
-
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ESB since '05
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 75
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Chuvalo is the kind of man who'd be even more dangerous on the street than in the ring. Naturally built, with a massive head complete with an already-battered nose and square jaw.

Ever punched a massive head? It feels like a wall. Without gloves, that's a broken hand. And if you break your hand in a street fight, even if you're winning, you just hope to **** he's had enough so you don't need to risk more damage. Adrenaline, yeah, but you still feel that it's gone, and your instinct will normally make you carry on throwing it (because you sense the alternative - losing - could be worse).

A man like that isn't even vulnerable to the body. Unless you're a tank yourself, punching downstairs is just begging for a sprained wrist.

Skills aside, just talking physically, the most dangerous man on the street is built exactly like George, and ideally he will have a lot of stamina, which he did.

If you see a man like George, don't **** with him unless you have a plan. Weapons and friends may not even be enough. Personally I would dig a pit, put spikes in it and get him to chase me. Even so, a man like George, if angry, will climb straight out of the pit and be impaired but not defeated. You will need a horse and sword, minimum, though he may tip the horse. A car may be the best option, but ****, he may just rip that door straight off if you stop.

All I'm saying is be careful.
Manassa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,596
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa View Post
Chuvalo is the kind of man who'd be even more dangerous on the street than in the ring. Naturally built, with a massive head complete with an already-battered nose and square jaw.

Ever punched a massive head? It feels like a wall. Without gloves, that's a broken hand. And if you break your hand in a street fight, even if you're winning, you just hope to **** he's had enough so you don't need to risk more damage. Adrenaline, yeah, but you still feel that it's gone, and your instinct will normally make you carry on throwing it (because you sense the alternative - losing - could be worse).

A man like that isn't even vulnerable to the body. Unless you're a tank yourself, punching downstairs is just begging for a sprained wrist.

Skills aside, just talking physically, the most dangerous man on the street is built exactly like George, and ideally he will have a lot of stamina, which he did.

If you see a man like George, don't **** with him unless you have a plan. Weapons and friends may not even be enough. Personally I would dig a pit, put spikes in it and get him to chase me. Even so, a man like George, if angry, will climb straight out of the pit and be impaired but not defeated. You will need a horse and sword, minimum, though he may tip the horse. A car may be the best option, but ****, he may just rip that door straight off if you stop.

All I'm saying is be careful.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 1551
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Lost 2 sons by drug overdose, another suicide, his wife suicide.
Some say Mike Tyson had it hard.

But this man was pure iron.
dyna is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #12
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Lost 2 sons by drug overdose, another suicide, his wife suicide.
Some say Mike Tyson had it hard.

But this man was pure iron.
He's one of boxings true heroes.

Possibly THE most tragic heavyweight story ever, and he's not only still going strong, he's beyond class; Generous, giving, articulate, and spends his free time helping kids.

What a guy, man. Damn.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #13
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Battery Park
Posts: 7,885
vCash: 1221
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Read in the paper that George was given the key to the city in Toronto yesterday.He still looks tough as nails at 71 years of age.Good DNA!
fatcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #14
Manassa
-
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ESB since '05
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 75
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Manassa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #15
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,596
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just seen George Chuvalo Flattened by One Punch !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa View Post
Truthfully manassa...you just may have singled out the real deal guy of those "who would you want at you side in a bar fight" threads...your post has me convinced..
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015