Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 AM   #1
Mike Hunt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Steve bunce bias as ****

I've just listened to a radio interview think it was last nights show? by wooooodya on youtube , Steve bunces radio show interviewed both eddie hearn and frank w. Jesus Christ bunce you could have been neutral he was basically sucking frank off. He must be shit scared of frank firing him tbh. I'd post the link but I got banned last time so I don't post links anymore. Frank was very very vocal about ricky burns as well. Anybody else listen to it?
Mike Hunt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #2
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steve bunce bias as ****

The guy has a job to do. All things considered I think he does a darn good one.
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
Your Out!
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The more he does this the more people won't watch or listen to what he's saying, so let them just get on with it. The public are not stupid, so they can and will read through all the bullshit and make their own mind up.

Honestly.........let them bury themselves!
Your Out! is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #4
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
The guy has a job to do. All things considered I think he does a darn good one.
I agree....Its funny but bias only ever becomes bias when the view expressed isn't in complete alignment with the observers
icemax is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #5
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict

Annoying as **** is Bunce
smegmaa is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #6
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Bunce going of on one saying that Sky only put on 20 fights a year and they wasted one the other night no its 20 dates and at least 3 fight per show so atleast 60 fights.The show was poor by matchroom standerds but was not as bad as he was making out,two fairly competatiive area title fights and Barker looking good outclassing a euro level guy.The show wasn`t good enough imo but the overtop reaction by some was so they could knock Hearn.
ashedward is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #7
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Buncey is a decent enough pundit, as long as you remember that he certainly does not "tell it like it is" (which many people claim).

He's a bit like boxing's version of Jeremy Clarkson in that he's paid to come up with and say stuff that he might not necessarily agree with wholeheartedly.

If Buncey wasn't biased we would accuse him of spitting on the fence.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #8
sadlittleboy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
I agree....Its funny but bias only ever becomes bias when the view expressed isn't in complete alignment with the observers
What was it he said about Dominic Negus....
sadlittleboy is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #9
murphman22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post
Bunce going of on one saying that Sky only put on 20 fights a year and they wasted one the other night no its 20 dates and at least 3 fight per show so atleast 60 fights.The show was poor by matchroom standerds but was not as bad as he was making out,two fairly competatiive area title fights and Barker looking good outclassing a euro level guy.The show wasn`t good enough imo but the overtop reaction by some was so they could knock Hearn.
Obviously there were reasons behind it (jones v purdy being scraped for one) but that show was sh*te I'm afraid. The southern area fights saved the day but realistically they only got a decent showing because the the groves and barker fights were wash outs
murphman22 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If Bunce was pro Matchroom and was slagging off Frank then people here would be worshiping him.
The Genius is online now  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #11
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post
If Bunce was pro Matchroom and was slagging off Frank then people here would be worshiping him.
No chance mate!

Pretty much everyone on this forum used to love the work Bunce done for donkeys years, what everyone liked about him was his originality, he didn't give a **** what people though of him, he just went out there and told it how it was.

Didn't Frank try and sure Bunce for some reason a few years back? Now he's sucking his **** just to get a job, that's what you call a sellout.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #12
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphman22 View Post
Obviously there were reasons behind it (jones v purdy being scraped for one) but that show was sh*te I'm afraid. The southern area fights saved the day but realistically they only got a decent showing because the the groves and barker fights were wash outs
Nobody is saying it wasnt below average and if that is the standerd of shows we get on a consistant basis peolpe would have more to moan about but people like Bunce and Maloney couldn`t wait to have a go when they saw this card and have gone overboard with the stick they have given it which is no suprise with there agendas.
I don`t why people even mention the Groves fight that was just added at the last minute to Groves some ringtime
ashedward is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post
Bullshit, praise is given when deserved same as criticism, I don't care if your name is Steve, Frank, Eddie, Barney or Iqbal.

Frank gets no praise and gets slated because of what he's doing and his actions, I don't care what he done 10 years ago because that time has gone and we are living in the present and what he is doing now matters.

Eddie is getting praise because of what he's doing at this present time, if he starts acting like a cunt 6 months down the line he will be slated for it and rightly so.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #14
AndyPaterson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 625

basically warning Ricky Burns to get proper legal advice.
AndyPaterson is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #15
AndyPaterson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 625

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post

perhaps Bunce should remember the Enzo vs McPhiliban and Gavin vs Witter cards were ****ing rotten.
AndyPaterson is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum