Old 03-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #61
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Re: Paul briggs vs professional combat sports commission

Quote:
Originally Posted by geelong View Post
If I recall correctly, CHB used to chip in quite regularly on MMA debates. If I was a betting man I would put money on it that they are one and the same.
No, search his posts.

CHB participated in 5 MMA threads in a period of 4 years.

The Spider has participated in 709 MMA threads in less than 2 years.

Unless he became a fan overnight, it's hard to put the two together.
Quote:
I concur, from what I remember he used to get schooled on most threads, these people that pretend to be experts on everything, more often than not know very little.

Last edited by Sox; 03-24-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Sox is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #62
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
i'm not making comment on greens word stiffles. being a hater, u just jump to conclusions yet again.

rematch with rjj was a one off option stiffles. and after green battered jones senseless, it was not a very popular option anymore.

green was easily his best payday, and according to u, a very very easy half an hours work. we r not talking about an extra 100 bucks stiffles.

so wouldn't that make Hopkins a hypocrite?
Again prove it. You have NFI if it was his best payday or not. You got schooled in the Hopkins chickens out thread ages ago all you have is Green bull**** you regurgitate. Let me reiterate Hopkins net worth is apparently $40 million. 3 mill is chickenfeed he would rather revenge than
coming to Australia to possibly get ripped off by IBO officials who many believe are in Greens pocket.

Last edited by stiflers mum; 03-25-2013 at 09:02 PM.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #63
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

ITs Toni Hood for crying out loud hahahaha
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #64
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Again prove it. You have NFI if it was his best payday or not. You got schooled in the Hopkins chickens out thread ages ago all you have is Green bull**** you regurgitate. Let me reiterate Hopkins net worth is apparently $400 million. 3 mill is chickenfeed he would rather revenge than
coming to Australia to possibly get ripped off by IBO officials who many believe are in Greens pocket.
It's more than obvious that its his best payday. u just don't want to admit it. u just want to argue with me for the sake of it. fact.

if i'm not making comment based on greens views, how am I regurgitating greens bull****? i'm not, u just can't get past the hate, yet again stiffles.

Hopkins is a hypocrite and u know it stiffles.

but argue yet again if u can't help yourself.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2013, 02:46 AM   #65
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

It wasnt Hopkins that called a bloke a K9 and said he dogged it only to back flip the very next day and claim that he hit the bloke with a legit punch, that was Green lol. Nor was it hopkins who said Mundine was insignifcant only to get Siaca out of Rehab to fight him to smoke Mundine out of his hole.. could go on but im sure you get the point.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2013, 02:57 AM   #66
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
It wasnt Hopkins that called a bloke a K9 and said he dogged it only to back flip the very next day and claim that he hit the bloke with a legit punch, that was Green lol. Nor was it hopkins who said Mundine was insignifcant only to get Siaca out of Rehab to fight him to smoke Mundine out of his hole.. could go on but im sure you get the point.
pretty sure hopkins spent a large portion of his younger and adult life in jail for stabbing a person, so he is not a person on which to compare moral integrity
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2013, 03:26 AM   #67
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
pretty sure hopkins spent a large portion of his younger and adult life in jail for stabbing a person, so he is not a person on which to compare moral integrity
he is considered one of the greatest middleweight champions of all time, Green is considered a joke

At the age of thirteen hopkins was mugging people and had been stabbed three times. At seventeen, Hopkins was sentenced to 18 years in Graterford Prison for nine felonies, he was just a kid, plenty of kids make mistakes, its what you do after you have made a mistake that counts, he turned his life around and is a classic example.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2013, 03:53 AM   #68
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
he is considered one of the greatest middleweight champions of all time, Green is considered a joke

At the age of thirteen hopkins was mugging people and had been stabbed three times. At seventeen, Hopkins was sentenced to 18 years in Graterford Prison for nine felonies, he was just a kid, plenty of kids make mistakes, its what you do after you have made a mistake that counts, he turned his life around and is a classic example.
ahhh i forgot about your anti establishment and frequent disregard for the law. Green is largely conisdered an upstanding role model in society and somewhat of a sporting icon in australia, argue however much you want, that is a fact. Plenty of kids make mistakes but that was not my point, using bernard hopkins, who is one of the most disrespectful guys in boxing imo (which does not mean i don't have the utmost respect for him as a boxer btw) as an example of moral superiority is completely outrageous and nullifies any semblance of a point you are attempting to make.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2013, 03:56 AM   #69
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2524

Quote:
Decent post.
His name escapes me but I'm sure Daniel Geale's trainer fits into this category. B-hops interview about FMJ and his money antics was very level headed. It was also very hard to disagree with.
Nigelbro is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2013, 04:29 AM   #70
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
ahhh i forgot about your anti establishment and frequent disregard for the law. Green is largely conisdered an upstanding role model in society and somewhat of a sporting icon in australia, argue however much you want, that is a fact. Plenty of kids make mistakes but that was not my point, using bernard hopkins, who is one of the most disrespectful guys in boxing imo (which does not mean i don't have the utmost respect for him as a boxer btw) as an example of moral superiority is completely outrageous and nullifies any semblance of a point you are attempting to make.
Honestly why dont you just come out with it and confess you think Green is a saint? Then you can explain to us all about how the imoral things he has done in life are not imoral.

Hopkins is NOT one of the most disrespectful guys in boxing. Do you even follow boxing bro or just follow Danny Green around?

When it comes to BOXING, Hopkins holds the higher ground when it comes to moral integrity, no mistake about it champ!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2013, 04:34 AM   #71
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbro View Post
Decent post.
His name escapes me but I'm sure Daniel Geale's trainer fits into this category. B-hops interview about FMJ and his money antics was very level headed. It was also very hard to disagree with.
His manager I think mate Bill Treacy did 13 years dunno what for. I bet he's more highly regarded than Nasser and Manikolos.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2013, 04:39 AM   #72
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Honestly why dont you just come out with it and confess you think Green is a saint? Then you can explain to us all about how the imoral things he has done in life are not imoral.

Hopkins is NOT one of the most disrespectful guys in boxing. Do you even follow boxing bro or just follow Danny Green around?

When it comes to BOXING, Hopkins holds the higher ground when it comes to moral integrity, no mistake about it champ!
I don't think anybody is a saint, i do however try to provide some balance within my arguments, everybody makes themselves look like a **** at some points in life, you do it on a daily basis for example. So hopkins desecrating the puerto rican flag, claiming australia was in europe are not disrespectful? Of course i follow boxing, i definitely have more positive and insightful things to say about the sport than you.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 AM   #73
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:

winning boxing fights doesn't make u a good member of society. having a big bank account doesn't either.

nice try though.

u r praising someone who as an adult only a few years ago stated 'I won't lose to a white boy'.

yeah he sounds like a fantastic role model, pmsl.

still sure about his moral integrity?
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 AM   #74
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
I don't think anybody is a saint, i do however try to provide some balance within my arguments, everybody makes themselves look like a **** at some points in life, you do it on a daily basis for example. So hopkins desecrating the puerto rican flag, claiming australia was in europe are not disrespectful? Of course i follow boxing, i definitely have more positive and insightful things to say about the sport than you.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #75
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2524

I can't vouch for the role model part because sometimes it can be a bit ****y and sharks wear grey suits too, not just business looking types.

Hopkins has cred. If he continued to reoffend he would be a hypocrite. He talks "street" because he is.
Our Man from the hood got snapped getting a pedicure, it's ammo for the haters. While Hopkins is breaking his own records, presenting himself in a physical state befitting a pro athlete is as much respect as he has to show anybody IMO.

I heard this once in Aussie Rules.
"When your name is James Hird and you've played 200 games, and you've got your Brownlow medal and premierships, you can wear your socks however you like. Until then you pull them up. Tuck your shirt in too and if you look around you'll see it's required of everybody."
Nigelbro is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum