Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #16
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie G View Post
9-5-1 to Hagler at my last watching.
Exactly how I had it.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #17
emallini
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,772
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

8-7 to Hagler
emallini is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #18
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 7,550
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
You really are so full of shit ar'nt you you've surpassed yerself in trolling, yer can't even give roberto one teeny weeny modicom of credit can you! So now it's the fact that Hagler took rounds off & gave them to Duran Name me another past prime lightweight that went the full 15 with Hagler & you say duran's act of defience at the finel bell was to influence the judges Where was SRL & your boy Tommy in 83? As far away from Hagler as possible. You really are a useless limp dick
You can't handle how he scored 11 rounds to Hagler and only 4 rounds to Duran. Take it on the chin and accept difference of opinion instead of replying with, "You really are so full of shit ar'nt you" and "You really are a useless limp dick". You would have done well with your reply if it had a bit class and you hadn't resorted to foul language. Moaning and complaining because he never thought your favorite done well in a fight.

And, I'm Duran's biggest fan.
Robbi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
You really are so full of shit ar'nt you you've surpassed yerself in trolling, yer can't even give roberto one teeny weeny modicom of credit can you! So now it's the fact that Hagler took rounds off & gave them to Duran Name me another past prime lightweight that went the full 15 with Hagler & you say duran's act of defience at the finel bell was to influence the judges Where was SRL & your boy Tommy in 83? As far away from Hagler as possible. You really are a useless limp dick
In 1983 Tommy had just won the title from Benitez in Dec., a title which Benitez easily beat Duran in Jan. by outboxing him in defense of that title. Tommy had to recover from a dislocated hand (I think that was the diagnoses) and fought Murray Sutherland in July in Atlantic City winning a 10 round decision. Sutherland was a decent light heavyweight and it was just a tuneup for Hearns.
I cannot speak for Ray, and I am not sure what Ray has to do with the Hagler fight or Hearns for that matter. You and I know Ray retired by 1983, only to come back in 1984. I give Duran as much credit as I can for still losing to Hagler, How much credit can you give Duran for what is basically a loss, which was sandwiched around two loses to two other greats in a lower division? a division (154) which Duran fought at before Hearns,Leonard or Benitez ever fought at. I think Marvin was the variable and he still won. Duran did not win. He did do better with Hagler than he did with Benitez and Hearns, but it was still a loss. Duran fans want to squeeze as much credit out of him in those year because of his losses to Benitez,Leonard,Hearns,Hagler. Even if it means giving him credit for losing. How many fighters in boxing history get that kind of credit for losing? And when he lost to Ray 3 years before, he got excuses for losing instead of credit for Leonard. In a way Duran gets more credit for losing to Hagler than Leonard did for beating Duran.


And also, Duran fans want to ignore the Benitez fight where Duran lost easily a year and a half before in a lower weight and say he almost beat Hagler. Thing is he did not beat him, and then Tommy beat Duran easily again in 1984. I say Duran beaten easily again because at 154 Duran was beaten easily by the two legends he fought for titles Hearns and Benitez. So losing to Hagler after being easily beaten by the two other legends means he deserves credit? I only credit I give is that Duran landed his right hand easier than I thought he would, but that doesn't warrant a win,and I am not going to give Duran rounds because he landed a couple of overhand rights. When Hagler pored it on he won the rounds easily. When Hagler increased his workrate he won the rounds almost too easily, but he was tentative because of the overhand, and it had swelled up his eye a little. The story of the fight was that right hand and Marvin figuring he would win the rounds because of it and not risk a problem-which was Marvin's choice. But he still won.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #20
apollack
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

I thought Hagler won more clearly than the judges had it. It seemed as if the judges were bending over backwards to give any round to Duran for which they had even the mildest excuse. That said, ultimately, they got it right. Hagler won the fight. To me, Duran fought to sharpshoot a few good solid rights here and there, to play cautious defense and keep the pace slow, but his output was paltry compared with Hagler's, particularly in the rounds where Marvin turned it up and worked in close.
apollack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #21
FloydPatterson
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 976
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

pro duran crowd influenced the judges in this fight.
FloydPatterson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #22
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of England
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
You can't handle how he scored 11 rounds to Hagler and only 4 rounds to Duran. Take it on the chin and accept difference of opinion instead of replying with, "You really are so full of shit ar'nt you" and "You really are a useless limp dick". You would have done well with your reply if it had a bit class and you hadn't resorted to foul language. Moaning and complaining because he never thought your favorite done well in a fight.

And, I'm Duran's biggest fan.
"And, I'm Duran's biggest fan" you are a joke.

Don't come on here & lecture me you ****in worm, you actually think that your opinion carries any weight with me, you keyboard tosser. **** off & Keep yer snout out, you wanna be priest. MAG's big enough to carry his own handbag without having some apprentice bumboy such as you to speak for him.
duranimal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #23
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of England
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
In 1983 Tommy had just won the title from Benitez in Dec., a title which Benitez easily beat Duran in Jan. by outboxing him in defense of that title. Tommy had to recover from a dislocated hand (I think that was the diagnoses) and fought Murray Sutherland in July in Atlantic City winning a 10 round decision. Sutherland was a decent light heavyweight and it was just a tuneup for Hearns.
I cannot speak for Ray, and I am not sure what Ray has to do with the Hagler fight or Hearns for that matter. You and I know Ray retired by 1983, only to come back in 1984. I give Duran as much credit as I can for still losing to Hagler, How much credit can you give Duran for what is basically a loss, which was sandwiched around two loses to two other greats in a lower division? a division (154) which Duran fought at before Hearns,Leonard or Benitez ever fought at. I think Marvin was the variable and he still won. Duran did not win. He did do better with Hagler than he did with Benitez and Hearns, but it was still a loss. Duran fans want to squeeze as much credit out of him in those year because of his losses to Benitez,Leonard,Hearns,Hagler. Even if it means giving him credit for losing. How many fighters in boxing history get that kind of credit for losing? And when he lost to Ray 3 years before, he got excuses for losing instead of credit for Leonard. In a way Duran gets more credit for losing to Hagler than Leonard did for beating Duran.


And also, Duran fans want to ignore the Benitez fight where Duran lost easily a year and a half before in a lower weight and say he almost beat Hagler. Thing is he did not beat him, and then Tommy beat Duran easily again in 1984. I say Duran beaten easily again because at 154 Duran was beaten easily by the two legends he fought for titles Hearns and Benitez. So losing to Hagler after being easily beaten by the two other legends means he deserves credit? I only credit I give is that Duran landed his right hand easier than I thought he would, but that doesn't warrant a win,and I am not going to give Duran rounds because he landed a couple of overhand rights. When Hagler pored it on he won the rounds easily. When Hagler increased his workrate he won the rounds almost too easily, but he was tentative because of the overhand, and it had swelled up his eye a little. The story of the fight was that right hand and Marvin figuring he would win the rounds because of it and not risk a problem-which was Marvin's choice. But he still won.
I don't need your joseph goebbels version of boxing history, so you're not sure what SRL has to do with the Hagler/Duran fight are you. SRL said if Duran wins he's gonna come back & fight Duran, he wanted no part of Hagler. It's all to B/W or should i say B/B with you, you can't give Duran credit because he LOST!!! NO ****ER EXPECTED DURAN TO WIN LET ALONE SURVIVE THE FULL 15 ROUNDS. But that means **** all to you in your dark dank cloistered world when it comes to the subject of Duran.
duranimal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #24
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 7,550
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
"And, I'm Duran's biggest fan" you are a joke.

Don't come on here & lecture me you ****in worm, you actually think that your opinion carries any weight with me, you keyboard tosser. **** off & Keep yer snout out, you wanna be priest. MAG's big enough to carry his own handbag without having some apprentice bumboy such as you to speak for him.
And all this is worth is this
Robbi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #25
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,706
vCash: 500
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

LMAO

It's a good thing confrontations like this don't happen often in the classic section.
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #26
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 12,316
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

I don't think Duran's entire family would be that collectively upset over an 11-4 scoring.
Seamus is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #27
ETM
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
I had it more like 11/4. Duran got some of the rounds Marvin took off, and then Marvin came on and won the last rounds easily and won the fight without much trouble. I still remember Marvin pinning Roberto to the ropes at the end of the fight, and when the bell rings Roberto get some machismo act going to try and stares at Hagler to try and influence the judges on the last round. Marvin sort of recognized it and waved his hands at Duran as if to say "get out of here with that act".
I am amazed that Hagler was able to see Duran wave considering his eye was pounded closed.

I had it 10-5 for Hagler. Duran fought a good, tough and smart fight. He got Hagler`s repect early but Marvin outscored him. Bigger, stronger and younger. The fact that Hagler had one of the great chins didn't hurt him on this night.
ETM is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #28
ETM
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,740
vCash: 500
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydPatterson View Post
pro duran crowd influenced the judges in this fight.
That's probably true.
ETM is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #29
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: good
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 300
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

What the ****, some people need to PIPE THE **** DOWN.
anj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #30
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: What did you score Duran vs Hagler?

Why? The debate is great, the slanging matches even better.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013