boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #196
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I don't hate Manny but I can see right through his act. I could see it the entire time.

A hypocrite of the highest degree. Smiles in your face and preaches religion, yet cheats on his wife and gambles his fortune away. He puts on a front of someone he's not.

And yes, I believe there was a time he was using some sort of PED.
you nailed it, b
Beouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #197
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I don't hate Manny but I can see right through his act. I could see it the entire time.

A hypocrite of the highest degree. Smiles in your face and preaches religion, yet cheats on his wife and gambles his fortune away. He puts on a front of someone he's not.

And yes, I believe there was a time he was using some sort of PED.
If you were an eight-year-old (in a man's body), a once-in-a-lifetime talent/cash cow let loose in a candy store -- with no one to tell you NO -- what would you do, B?
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #198
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
If you were an eight-year-old (in a man's body), a once-in-a-lifetime talent/cash cow let loose in a candy store -- with no one to tell you NO -- what would you do, B?
why you defending him, jg?

hes the most blatant cheat in all sports outside lance armstrong. how the hell can you defend him?
Beouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #199
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
why you defending him, jg?

hes the most blatant cheat in all sports outside lance armstrong. how the hell can you defend him?
Because I was around him 'n Team Pac for years, B, and got to see him up-close, 'n know who he really is.
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #200
Nazarene
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 504
vCash: 335
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

lol at manny being overrated. rewind 5 years back, and all the fighters he beat the **** out of, would of supposedly ko'd him in 1 second.
most the people calling him overrated would be the people continuously proven wrong by his victories.

the funny thing is that you could probably catch people out on this by searching old threads. ohh how many people were proven wrong.
Nazarene is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #201
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzle Fizzle View Post
Because he is an adulterer who pretends he is a devout Christian?
Get over it, NF. Life's not Disneyland.

Let he who's without sin cast the first stone.
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #202
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: STL
Posts: 3,753
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
If you were an eight-year-old (in a man's body), a once-in-a-lifetime talent/cash cow let loose in a candy store -- with no one to tell you NO -- what would you do, B?
I always thought he was a little fake with the found religion thing.Thats something personal you don't put that out in public .
blackbolt396 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #203
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 1276
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Mannys hated?

He's one of the most popular boxers ever, probably. Seems like a decent fellow.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #204
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
I always thought he was a little fake with the found religion thing.Thats something personal you don't put that out in public .
Pac lives in Manny Land...in his own head, b. His convictions are zealous 'n genuine -- albeit naive. There's not a Machiavellian bone in his body.
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #205
Schrei
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzle Fizzle
Because he is an adulterer who pretends he is a devout Christian?
Lol, arent all Christians hypocritical?

Besides, I don't think he is hated that much. Not even in the same ballpark as floyd in that category. But it impossible to compete with a boxer thats an grotesquely egotistical, dirty talking woman beater.

Pac did have that ****ty statements about gays that cost him a lot of fans.
Schrei is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #206
DeadLikeMe
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 657
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Pac lives in Manny Land...in his own head, b. His convictions are zealous 'n genuine -- albeit naive. There's not a Machiavellian bone in his body.
So we're supposed to give a guy a free pass because he is of below average intelligence? I guess I'm failing to see your point here. "Oh he's a simpleton so all this garbage is ok."

Manny hides behind Arum and Roach like a shy toddler hides behind their mother's leg. To be a 30-something year old man and lacking the intelligence to even make your own decisions is pathetic and laughable. The fact that people elected a guy who gets punched in the face for a living speaks volumes about Philippines, and not in a good way.
DeadLikeMe is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #207
The Wanderer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,907
vCash: 396
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Some people will say because of his fans, and there can be some truth to that, I remember how Pacdbest used to drive people nuts on here with what seemed like crazy predictions.

Strangely enough, before Pac fought Hatton, a lot of people who are his most vicious attackers used to be fans and talk about how amazing he was. Then the second that a Pac-Mayweather fight was discussed seriously, suddenly a bunch of those people thought he was a cheat who only won due to PEDs, or bribing everyone into taking a fall for him. At the same time.

Weird how that happened...
The Wanderer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #208
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
So we're supposed to give a guy a free pass because he is of below average intelligence? I guess I'm failing to see your point here. "Oh he's a simpleton so all this garbage is ok."

Manny hides behind Arum and Roach like a shy toddler hides behind their mother's leg. To be a 30-something year old man and lacking the intelligence to even make your own decisions is pathetic and laughable. The fact that people elected a guy who gets punched in the face for a living speaks volumes about Philippines, and not in a good way.
Not stupid or a simpleton, naive, D

What if he's just a 30-year-old great fighter, ill-equipped to make decisions ('n exploited at every turn), does that mean he should be trashed?

The snark about Pinoys says more about you than it says about them.

Last edited by john garfield; 03-29-2013 at 12:45 PM.
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #209
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,508
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Not stupid or a simpleton, naive, D
.
You compared him to a 5 year old who watches porky pig. He's not a smart guy, John, and there is no denying that.

I dont like him because he plays up the good guy angle and, as you said, life is not Disneyland and he is more flawed than most.

Nothing worse as an adult than watching another adult pretend to be something they are not.
PBFred is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #210
MrPR
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bronx
Posts: 5,827
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Because he was the biggest threat to Mayweather for quite some time now , Fans of floyd did not like that and refused to acknowledge that . Even now hes STILL a threat to that "0"

Last edited by MrPR; 03-30-2013 at 11:11 AM.
MrPR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015