Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #241
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
stop trying to change history

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Undefeated multi-division champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. finally broke his silence regarding his highly-anticipated clash with Manny Pacquiao falling through in a prepared statement that's been circulated to the media. According to Mayweather, the blame lies solely on Pacquiao and his team due to their unwillingness to accept a 14-day, no blood test window leading up to the fight.

Floyd Mayweather: "Throughout this whole process I have remained patient, but at this point I am thoroughly disgusted that Pacquiao and his representatives are trying to blame me for the fight not happening when clearly the blame is on them.

"First and foremost, not only do I want to fight Manny Pacquiao, I want to whip his punk ass.

"Before the mediation, my team proposed a 14-day, no blood testing window leading up to the fight. But it was rejected. I am still proposing the 14-day window but he is still unwilling to agree to it, even though this is obviously a fair compromise on my part as I wanted the testing to be up until the fight and he wanted a 30-day cut-off. The truth is he just doesn't want to take the tests.

"In my opinion it is Manny Pacquiao and his team who are denying the people a chance to see the biggest fight ever. I know the people will see through their smokescreens and lies. I am ready to fight and sign the contract. Manny needs to stop making his excuses, step up and fight."
Why should Pac agree to Mayweather's blood-testing demands, bb? Just because Floyd wants to change the ground rules. They're not required, period.

If I was Manny, on principle, I'd've said FU. Ya wanna fight, let's fight, without dictating something not required that I should do.
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #242
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 346
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
this statement is where the 2nd 14day cutoff proposal (from floyd) was and it after the mediation deadline has passed and both sides called it off..... and pac has moved on.

again team ***** went into the mediation without looking to compromise, no proposals or counteroffer to the 24.
in that same quote you just replied to, it says he offered it before mediation and Pac's team admitted it ffs man. No matter how many times you say it, you can't turn a lie into the truth
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #243
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 346
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Why should Pac agree to Mayweather's blood-testing demands, bb? Just because Floyd wants to change the ground rules. They're not required, period.

If I was Manny, on principle, I'd've said FU. Ya wanna fight, let's fight, without dictating something not required that I should do.
If Pacquiao came out right away and said he didn't want to take the tests because he felt Floyd was bossing him around or something, then that'd be better than what happened.

Pac's team responded with excuse after excuse saying how Pac was terrified of needles and having his blood drawn.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #244
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
If Pacquiao came out right away and said he didn't want to take the tests because he felt Floyd was bossing him around or something, then that'd be better than what happened.

Pac's team responded with excuse after excuse saying how Pac was terrified of needles and having his blood drawn.
So they waffled 'n said something stupid, BB. He should have said FU from the gitgo. He got bad advice. That doesn't change the fact that Floyd had no business raising it, just ta get a psychological edge (have Manny on the back foot immediately), and fans 'n media on his side.
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #245
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,439
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
So they waffled 'n said something stupid, BB. He should have said FU from the gitgo. He got bad advice. That doesn't change the fact that Floyd had no business raising it, just ta get a psychological edge (have Manny on the back foot immediately), and fans 'n media on his side.
That has been the point of this argument from the git-go JG.

I admit Pac's team could've handled the situation much better or said things that won't sound stupid, but bottomline, why is Floyd raising an issue and demands which is beyond the norm?

That remains unanswered until this period.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #246
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
That has been the point of this argument from the git-go JG.

I admit Pac's team could've handled the situation much better or said things that won't sound stupid, but bottomline, why is Floyd raising an issue and demands which is beyond the norm?

That remains unanswered until this period.
Because he suspected that Manny was cheating.

There.
steviebruno is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #247
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebruno View Post
Because he suspected that Manny was cheating.

There.
All the more reason Manny should've said, "FU!"
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #248
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 346
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
So they waffled 'n said something stupid, BB. He should have said FU from the gitgo. He got bad advice. That doesn't change the fact that Floyd had no business raising it, just ta get a psychological edge (have Manny on the back foot immediately), and fans 'n media on his side.
Pacquiao didn't get bad advice. Everybody on Pacquiao's team probably wanted him to agree to the tests secretly.
Roach and Ariza said testing would be no problem because Pac has nothing to hide. But it was Pacquiao! Pacquiao was the one to deny testing, so his team had to keep going with it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BORKED
The date Dec 11, 2009
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #249
Babality
KTFO!!!!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 1728
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Pac is hated because he was good and was associated with Mayweather. And Mexican fanboys. That is it. Sure he was his flaws, but there are, and have been, far, far more hateable people in the world boxing. For example, Mayweather. Yeah him, it is a FACT.
Babality is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #250
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Pacquiao didn't get bad advice. Everybody on Pacquiao's team probably wanted him to agree to the tests secretly.
Roach and Ariza said testing would be no problem because Pac has nothing to hide. But it was Pacquiao! Pacquiao was the one to deny testing, so his team had to keep going with it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BORKED
The date Dec 11, 2009
If you believe that, bb, I have some beachfront property in Nebraska I'd like to sell you. Everything, beyond fighting, went over Manny's head
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #251
Jetmax
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 335
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

His haters skyrocketed in numbers the moment he became a threat to Floyd. I don't believe there are many JMM fans who hate Pacquiao. They might be loud, but only a few. Most mexicans are fans of Pacquiao. So that's it basically. Try to look at history and see when the hate intensified.

And don't give me that his pactards fans are the reason for the hate. That's a lame excuse.
Jetmax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:20 AM   #252
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 35,795
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

The hate for Pac is mainly because Void is so afraid of him..................Void has ran from Pac for years now. Void is also running from Sergio Martinez, who said he would fight Void at 154, 150 and even try to get way down to 147, but Void still says no. Of course, Void would get knocked out. Void would not fight Alvarez or Trout. Instead, Void will be fighting a featherweight.................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:40 AM   #253
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,254
vCash: 448
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Great men will always have haters. With time, the haters and their hate will be forgotten and his greatness will stand the test of time.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:43 AM   #254
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
no you dont' know shit about me Lance. This was back 2 and a half years ago and I had no problem with Pac then. I was excited to see the biggest fight on my lifetime and then he kept it from happening because he refused the testing. I'm not hear to argue who's fault it was. I'm just stating why I dislike him.
And I started disliking Pacquiao when he turned down the testing.

and look how far we've advanced since then. You act like Floyd is some type of ducker or asshoel for asking for testing. Look at boxing nowadays. A bunch of fighters are asking for the testing now. That argument you make would have worked a little 2 years ago, but it doesn't anymore
Why don't you explain why Jr was asking for Olympic style testing when he had no clue what it was ? This question is always avoided by the morons on here .
Or why the ones that have asked for testing are the ones that have come up with positive tests? Maybe they thought HRT wouldn't show up.
Who was that guy that owned all the HRT centers that Jr hung out with? Question Questions Questions but no real answers.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #255
Milpitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

These Manny Pacquiao haters will now turn to hate on Nonito Donaire after he KO's Rigondeaux on April 13. These haters will find a way to say Donaire is overrated even though he's P4P #1 Fighter once he beats Rigo.
Milpitas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013