Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #76
LikeFatherNSon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Know Manny has lots of haters. I've known him for many years, 'n can't think for the life of me why anybody would hate him.

Impossible to dislike if you spend time with him. No more gracious, generous and loyal guy.
He may be a nice guy personally but he comes across like an asshole who thinks we're his stupid minions when he says he cant take blood tests cuz it weakens him or whatever.
LikeFatherNSon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #77
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,471
vCash: 233
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
You're mind was likely made before any of this came about. Really....you hate Pac because he didn't want to take a test that floyd had never asked ANYONE before? Or tests Floyd didn't need for his previous 40 fights? The comment about "testing for a fight of this magnatude" is a cop out too, since he didn't try to get this done for his fight w/ DLH.

And Shaeffer saying that stuff only makes this less realistic. Remember what he said when Judah wanted Shane tested?

You probably made your opinion on Pac before this, but THIS is what you use to justify your hate. it's a common practice, make a decision, validate it later... You;d make a great republican BBall.
no you dont' know shit about me Lance. This was back 2 and a half years ago and I had no problem with Pac then. I was excited to see the biggest fight on my lifetime and then he kept it from happening because he refused the testing. I'm not hear to argue who's fault it was. I'm just stating why I dislike him.
And I started disliking Pacquiao when he turned down the testing.

and look how far we've advanced since then. You act like Floyd is some type of ducker or asshoel for asking for testing. Look at boxing nowadays. A bunch of fighters are asking for the testing now. That argument you make would have worked a little 2 years ago, but it doesn't anymore
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #78
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeFatherNSon View Post
He may be a nice guy personally but he comes across like an asshole who thinks we're his stupid minions when he says he cant take blood tests cuz it weakens him or whatever.
Except for the little known fact that blood taken does effect people differently. It's not like he's making some ridiculous claim here.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #79
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States (AZ)
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
You're mind was likely made before any of this came about. Really....you hate Pac because he didn't want to take a test that floyd had never asked ANYONE before? Or tests Floyd didn't need for his previous 40 fights? The comment about "testing for a fight of this magnatude" is a cop out too, since he didn't try to get this done for his fight w/ DLH.

And Shaeffer saying that stuff only makes this less realistic. Remember what he said when Judah wanted Shane tested?

You probably made your opinion on Pac before this, but THIS is what you use to justify your hate. it's a common practice, make a decision, validate it later... You;d make a great republican BBall.
You're deflecting, and it's ridiculous. I love how your excuse is that "he didn't ask anyone to do it before," and nothing rebutting the fact at how ridiculous and suspicious Manny's test dodging really was. Tell me right now what legit reason (he never asked anyone before isn't one) Manny would have to refuse testing? Scared of needles? He has tattooes. It weakens him? Medical professionals disagree, and Floyd is taking the same tests.

Speaking of which, Floyd has been using the testing ever since too, so don't like like it was just a Manny thing. Mosley did it, Ortiz did it etc. you just don't hear about it because those guys had no issue doing it, and nothing to hide.

You can't try to sit here and claim I had a hateful predisposition either, he was one of my favorite fighters for the longest time, I'm just not in denial like so many of his fans.
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #80
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,546
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

what else pissed me off about manny

his involvement in the Marquez and Bradley robberies. It was kind of pointless since he ultimately ended up going 1-1. He could have just let the right man win on both occassions
Slickstar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #81
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
no you dont' know shit about me Lance. This was back 2 and a half years ago and I had no problem with Pac then. I was excited to see the biggest fight on my lifetime and then he kept it from happening because he refused the testing. I'm not hear to argue who's fault it was. I'm just stating why I dislike him.
And I started disliking Pacquiao when he turned down the testing
You see...you place all ther blame on Pac, and now HATE him for it?

If you were serious, you'd accept Floyd's part in this. But nope...all the fault of Pac and Arum.

Do you now hate Floyd for killing the fight once Pac agreed to the testing? Or are you NOW fine w/ Floyd backing out on the split he was fine with. I mean, the biggest fight of your lifetime was then killed because of floyd's ego and ridiculous demand of pac just up and leaving Arum (while under contract BTW).
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #82
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,471
vCash: 233
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
You see...you place all ther blame on Pac, and now HATE him for it?

If you were serious, you'd accept Floyd's part in this. But nope...all the fault of Pac and Arum.
I think Floyd deserves some blame for the fight not happening, but in the first negotiations, that was all Manny. His team kept the fight from happening. Floyd asked for a drug test. Manny didn't just turn it down because of reason A.
He came up with excuse, after excuse, after excuse not to take it. And then a lot of the excuses turned out to be lies or disproved.
After reading the article again, I forgot how bad it actually was. Floyd's side was very reasonable then

"We agreed to $10 million per pound, or fraction thereof," Schaefer said. "That's what the Pacquiao side wanted and we said OK to that. That's unheard of. We have agreed on everything except for this drug testing issue. I have to think Pacquiao is unaware of this. The drug testing had been part of the contract for a while and then they suddenly said no. I was informed of that [Tuesday] morning. Suddenly they changed course and I don't know why."
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #83
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Except for the little known fact that blood taken does effect people differently. It's not like he's making some ridiculous claim here.
You are so stoopid it hurts. Blood is taken for EVERY fight!

Pac even got busted for giving blood LATER for Hatton than what he was requiring for FMJ.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #84
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I think Floyd deserves some blame for the fight not happening, but in the first negotiations, that was all Manny. His team kept the fight from happening. Floyd asked for a drug test. Manny didn't just turn it down because of reason A.
He came up with excuse, after excuse, after excuse not to take it. And then a lot of the excuses turned out to be lies or disproved.
After reading the article again, I forgot how bad it actually was. Floyd's side was very reasonable then

"We agreed to $10 million per pound, or fraction thereof," Schaefer said. "That's what the Pacquiao side wanted and we said OK to that. That's unheard of. We have agreed on everything except for this drug testing issue. I have to think Pacquiao is unaware of this. The drug testing had been part of the contract for a while and then they suddenly said no. I was informed of that [Tuesday] morning. Suddenly they changed course and I don't know why."
I figured it was only a matter of time before you busted out that ten mill per pound crap.

And no, "HE" didn't come up with excuse after exuse, as so many of you guys put it. Roach said things, Arum said things, Koncz said things. But you act lilke it was all Pac who said them. Get real dude. You were desperate to hate pac, and found your reason, regaardless of how flimsy.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #85
LikeFatherNSon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Except for the little known fact that blood taken does effect people differently. It's not like he's making some ridiculous claim here.
Yes...and Manny the genius realizes he'll need 30 days to recover. Good thing he's never bled in a fight. Or got a bloody nose in sparring.
LikeFatherNSon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #86
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
You are so stoopid it hurts. Blood is taken for EVERY fight!

Pac even got busted for giving blood LATER for Hatton than what he was requiring for FMJ.

And? I know you think this is a retort to what you quoted, but it actually does nothing to prove anything. Grasp all the straws you want.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #87
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
Posts: 14,262
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
If he was black or Mexican, he would be a superstar beyond all compare, greater than SRR.
That`s a piece a piss, he`d be the exact same in my eyes. Only a retarded ****wit judges a fighter by what part of the world they come from rather than their ability in the ring.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #88
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeFatherNSon View Post
Yes...and Manny the genius realizes he'll need 30 days to recover. Good thing he's never bled in a fight. Or got a bloody nose in sparring.
I don't care to discuss anything with posters who just simplify shit to their level. No offense, but there's some idiots on the board you can carry on with.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #89
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,471
vCash: 233
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
You are so stoopid it hurts. Blood is taken for EVERY fight!

Pac even got busted for giving blood LATER for Hatton than what he was requiring for FMJ.
that pissed me off too. Pacquiao was crying about taking the drug tests within 30 days. And then a video comes out of him giving blood 24 DAYS BEFROE HATTON.
and this was at the time when Floyd was offering a cutoff date. Then Pac said no, I'll just go with 24 day cutoff then.

I'm sorry man. I'm trying to be reasonable and objective right now, but it's clear Pacquiao kept this fight from being made in the first negotiations. No doubt at all
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #90
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States (AZ)
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
I figured it was only a matter of time before you busted out that ten mill per pound crap.

And no, "HE" didn't come up with excuse after exuse, as so many of you guys put it. Roach said things, Arum said things, Koncz said things. But you act lilke it was all Pac who said them. Get real dude. You were desperate to hate pac, and found your reason, regaardless of how flimsy.
Keep avoiding my last post that thoroughly shattered your argument

The best you can do is deflect now.

Here are over 30+ more excuses Pacquaio has used too:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013