boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #91
Salty Dog
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Nobody hates Manny much. What's to hate? He worked his ass off and became a great fighter and all of what that entails. He used the fame to get into congress and will likely do well there? Good on him.

Just some of his entourage and the more deluded fans are rightfully held in contempt.

Oh, btw...






KTFO6
Salty Dog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #92
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
I figured it was only a matter of time before you busted out that ten mill per pound ****.

And no, "HE" didn't come up with excuse after exuse, as so many of you guys put it. Roach said things, Arum said things, Koncz said things. But you act lilke it was all Pac who said them. Get real dude. You were desperate to hate pac, and found your reason, regaardless of how flimsy.
why would I need to hate Pacquiao huh? Do I hate any of Floyd's other opponent? I do dislike Guerrero, but that's because he's an annoying loud mouth. I started disliking him when he turned down the fight with Paulie.

But I just don't start disliking fighters for no reason.
bballchump11 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #93
LikeFatherNSon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
I don't care to discuss anything with posters who just simplify **** to their level. No offense, but there's some idiots on the board you can carry on with.
Thought I was doing that but apparently you're even dumber.
LikeFatherNSon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #94
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States (AZ)
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
I don't care to discuss anything with posters who just simplify **** to their level. No offense, but there's some idiots on the board you can carry on with.
Funny you say that when you're one of the most biased Manny fans on this entire forum. You can't be reasoned with, you're in absolute denial, absolutely delusional to the facts. A quick search of my posts will show you I'm not a *****, I was one of Manny biggest fans, but I also call a spade a spade...
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #95
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
why would I need to hate Pacquiao huh? Do I hate any of Floyd's other opponent? I do dislike Guerrero, but that's because he's an annoying loud mouth. I started disliking him when he turned down the fight with Paulie.

But I just don't start disliking fighters for no reason.
Why would something like Pac, not accepting Floyd's new testing procedures, something Floyd never had done before himself, and AFTER being accused by his family, be the cause of so much hate? That makes little sense. You have your reasons...and obviously refuse to admit them. It's all good...you can hate who you want, for whatever fake as reason you come up with. It's what we do as fans.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #96
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
And? I know you think this is a retort to what you quoted, but it actually does nothing to prove anything. Grasp all the straws you want.
Retort? It invalidates your entire argument. Obviously Pac was able to perform so your nonsense argument doesn't hold. There is also tape of Roach stating how much good sparring Pac got AFTER giving blood.

The testing protocol is the testing protocol because it has been PROVEN not to negatively affect performance. You can keep throwing pseudo-scientific sh*t at the wall hoping something sticks, but the fact is that you and Pac are full of ****.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #97
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickstar View Post
what else ****ed me off about manny

his involvement in the Marquez and Bradley robberies
. It was kind of pointless since he ultimately ended up going 1-1. He could have just let the right man win on both occassions
What do you see as Pac's personal INVOLVEMENT in the Marquez 'n Bradley outcomes, S? He stood in the ring and heard the judges decisions, period.
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #98
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeFatherNSon View Post
Thought I was doing that but apparently you're even dumber.
Yeah, I'm sure you thought so. But no. It's OK. there's posters like Puga or PrinceN, maybe michiganwarrior or LarryX for you to discuss things with.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #99
LikeFatherNSon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you thought so. But no. It's OK. there's posters like Puga or PrinceN, maybe michiganwarrior or LarryX for you to discuss things with.
Or you....who believes removing a teaspoon of blood takes a month to recover from. All equal idiots.
LikeFatherNSon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #100
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
What do you see as Pac's personal INVOLVEMENT in the Marquez 'n Bradley outcomes, S? He stood in the ring and heard the judges decisions, period.

Are you starting to see a trend here? Some posters use the weakest reasons to garner so much hate for a fighter. Like i said, I think many here hate pac first, then look for justification after. Or use silly things that Pac has no control over, like bad scoring or what fans say.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #101
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States (AZ)
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Why would something like Pac, not accepting Floyd's new testing procedures, something Floyd never had done before himself, and AFTER being accused by his family, be the cause of so much hate? That makes little sense. You have your reasons...and obviously refuse to admit them. It's all good...you can hate who you want, for whatever fake as reason you come up with. It's what we do as fans.
What rational reason did Manny have to refuse blood tests?

Because Floyd hadn't asked opponents before? That's preposterous, you're grasping at straws, and his opponents since then all have had no issues.

It "weakens him?" Show me any proof of this, medical professionals, athletes who take the blood tests etc. disagree with you. Floyd has to take the same tests, argument null and void.

You are the same one *****ing about how Floyd's fans supposedly don't take responsibility for his actions, yet are the first to condone and downplay Pacquaio's BLATANT dodging of blood testing
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #102
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeFatherNSon View Post
Or you....who believes removing a teaspoon of blood takes a month to recover from. All equal idiots.
Except I've never said that. I see this is how you operate. LIke i said, we're on different levels, and I prefer not to dumb myself down to yours. I have enough "fans" on this site as is. Forgive me if i 'forget' to reply to much more from you. maybe MVC can provide some intellectual stiumulation for you.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #103
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Why would something like Pac, not accepting Floyd's new testing procedures, something Floyd never had done before himself, and AFTER being accused by his family, be the cause of so much hate? That makes little sense. You have your reasons...and obviously refuse to admit them. It's all good...you can hate who you want, for whatever fake as reason you come up with. It's what we do as fans.
I've already mentioned that frame of thought may have worked 2 years ago, but it doesn't anymore

Canelo vs Trout has OSDT
Khan vs Peterson II had OSDT
Garcia vs Morales II had OSDT
Berto vs Ortiz II had OSDT
Tim Bradley vs Provodnikov had OSDT
Jean Pascal vs Bute has OSDT
Donaire vs Rigondeaux has OSDT
and may I mention that this fight was very similar, but Rigo manned up and accepted the tests
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BORKED


I mean, that argument just doesn't hold weight anymore. Yeah Floyd never asked for testing before, but neither had these guys either. What's wrong with asking for testing? And everyone of these guys accepted it too with no fuss
bballchump11 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #104
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
What do you see as Pac's personal INVOLVEMENT in the Marquez 'n Bradley outcomes, S? He stood in the ring and heard the judges decisions, period.
Those are both fights that should not have been made. We were subjected to that due to Pac's sneaky ways.

Not sure of the exact timeline at this point, but first Pac had to have his cut heal then an outdoor stadium needed to be built. Once Mayweather moves on? Pac is making fights left and right.

Then on top of this, he goes and performs poorly against Bradley and gets KTFO by Marquez. The guy killed all buzz by being exposed for who he really was.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #105
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax99 View Post
What rational reason did Manny have to refuse blood tests?

Because Floyd hadn't asked opponents before? That's preposterous, you're grasping at straws, and his opponents since then all have had no issues.

It "weakens him?" Show me any proof of this, medical professionals, athletes who take the blood tests etc. disagree with you. Floyd has to take the same tests, argument null and void.

You are the same one *****ing about how Floyd's fans supposedly don't take responsibility for his actions, yet are the first to condone and downplay Pacquaio's BLATANT dodging of blood testing
What reason? How about...it's not required and NO ONE was doing it?
Get this through your dense skull boy, Pac didn't refuse testing for two reasons. 1. They ARE tested already. Do younot know that? Plenty od boxers have been cuaght by the current system. And 2. it was when the testing would STOP that killed the negotiations.

Sorry cyrax...you're another poster who is too much a floyd fanatic to bother continueing this with. If you can make genuine posts, NOt based on your assumptions, maybe we can do this again. Until then...later!
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015