Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #106
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States (AZ)
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Except I've never said that. I see this is how you operate. LIke i said, we're on different levels, and I prefer not to dumb myself down to yours. I have enough "fans" on this site as is. Forgive me if i 'forget' to reply to much more from you. maybe MVC can provide some intellectual stiumulation for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Except for the little known fact that blood taken does effect people differently. It's not like he's making some ridiculous claim here.
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #107
LikeFatherNSon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Except I've never said that. I see this is how you operate. LIke i said, we're on different levels, and I prefer not to dumb myself down to yours. I have enough "fans" on this site as is. Forgive me if i 'forget' to reply to much more from you. maybe MVC can provide some intellectual stiumulation for you.
Don't make me laugh.
LikeFatherNSon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #108
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
That is complete crap and typical of a Pactard.

REASONABLE conditions have ALWAYS been a part of Boxing. That is how you got 12 rounds bouts and attached thumb gloves. Mike Tyson asked Holyfield to do drug testing. Holyfield complied and fought.

The problem is you Pactards DKSAB. When you don't know sh*t, everything makes sense.
Baldie, in the lounge you come across as a reasonable dude and I agree with your progressive positions most of the time.


In the GF, however, on the topic of Floyd/Pac, you come across as a clueless brain-dead retard with little to offer other than characterizing everyone with a take different to yours a Pactard.

And posting well reasoned little gems like this

"The problem is you Pactards DKSAB. When you don't know sh*t, everything makes sense."

pretty much cements my case.


Contrary to what you state above (when you're not name-calling) OSDT have never been a part of professional boxing protocol. The boxing authorities have always conducted their own tests and Pac has taken and passed all tests ever requested by any boxing commission.


You have to be pretty ****ing gullible to think that Floyd had any motive other than fear to suddenly demand OSDT tests when he had never mentioned the like before in regards to any other opponent.

And this view has been stated by Marvin Hagler, George Foreman, Roberto Duran, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Junior, Sugar Shane Mosley, DeMarcus Corley and numerous others. Lately, even Floyd's good buddy 50 cent has admitted that the man was scared to face 'the midget.'


How much use were OSDTs in catching Marion Jones ? Lance Armstrong ?

Both were tested up the ying-yang and never caught.


It's pretty ****in obvious to anyone unblinded by the rabid bias you've consistently displayed on this question, that the whole OSDT issue was introduced by Floyd when he saw what happened to Hatton and Cotto.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #109
deadhead
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 169
vCash: 550
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax99 View Post
1. Using catchweights to drain his opponents

2. Making up all kinds of excuses to dodge and avoid taking blood tests. (He is one of the biggest suspected PED cheats for his suspicious behavior.)

3. Being caught in lies repeatedly (for example: says he is scared of needles, yet has tattooes.)

4. His horrible, delusional fans.

5. Dodging fighters like Shane Mosely when Roach said he was "too dangerous" etc. He is notorious for taking fights with guys who are coming off losses.

Oh, and seeming like a nice guy doesn't mean anything. Watch Ted Bundy interviews, he seems like one of the most charismatic, polite, and kind guys you will ever meet.
I never though about number 3.. haha I always though he was actually scared of needles but never thought about the tattoos he had.. kinda funny. But being real here, I always donate blood to the red cross and I went with my friend last month at one of the blood donation ralleys, as soon as they started drawing blood from my friend he passed out cold and was lethargic the rest of the day. it effects people different.

and about number 5. Floyd ducked mosley at one time too. not to mention ducking pac
deadhead is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #110
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States (AZ)
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
What reason? How about...it's not required and NO ONE was doing it?
Get this through your dense skull boy, Pac didn't refuse testing for two reasons. 1. They ARE tested already. Do younot know that? Plenty od boxers have been cuaght by the current system. And 2. it was when the testing would STOP that killed the negotiations.

Sorry cyrax...you're another poster who is too much a floyd fanatic to bother continueing this with. If you can make genuine posts, NOt based on your assumptions, maybe we can do this again. Until then...later!
I like how you have ignored all my posts destroying your arguments, until you think you might have an angle to nit pick at The standard testing they do is total garbage, isn't random at all, look at SSM to show how easy it is to beat it. You mean Floyd demanding that random testing be instituted to level the playing field is ridiculous? Who cares how common it was at the time, does it change the egregious act Pacquaio committed by blatantly dodging the test? Oh and once agreed to the tests, he demanded ridiculous cutoffs rendering the tests nearly useless, so GTFO outta here The best reason you have been able to come up with was that "Floyd never asked anyone before."

I'm a Floyd fanatic? Search my posts, and feel free to show me how that has any truth. You're the delusional pactard on here defending a blatant PED cheater, and you hang around all Pacquiao threads defending him and hugging his nuts, so shut up

There is a reason you dodged my other posts, because I dissected them apart, and you have no logical retorts to make.
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #111
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain View Post
It's pretty ****in obvious to anyone unblinded by the rabid bias you've consistently displayed on this question, that the whole OSDT issue was introduced by Floyd when he saw what happened to Hatton and Cotto.

This is it, in a nut shelll. And you are right, just about everyone sees this as the case, aside from smoe loyal fans on ESB who refuse to admit anything bad about Floyd. Shoot, few even believe he's laid a finger on any women before. Just poor Floyd and trumped up assault charges.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #112
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax99 View Post
Conditions like demanding that someone take tests to prove they are clean? This is boxing, PEDs take on a whole different meaning. In Baseball if a guy juices, maybe he hits more home runs; in boxing there is a guy punching you in the face in there, your health is on the line. Would you be ok fighting someone who you have a strong reason to suspect was on PEDs, who refused to do testing? I don't think so.
I'm not getting into the test issue here Cyrax. I've posted on it hundreds of times and made my position clear.

I'm simply pointing out that your earlier post was incorrect when you stated that Pac cancelled a fight with Mayweather.

That never happened.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #113
iWantToLearnEng
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: བོད་ལྗོངས།
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 177
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

People hate Manny because of this picture

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
iWantToLearnEng is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #114
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead View Post
I never though about number 3.. haha I always though he was actually scared of needles but never thought about the tattoos he had.. kinda funny. But being real here, I always donate blood to the red cross and I went with my friend last month at one of the blood donation ralleys, as soon as they started drawing blood from my friend he passed out cold and was lethargic the rest of the day. it effects people different.

and about number 5. Floyd ducked mosley at one time too. not to mention ducking pac
Except, in regards to #3, he never said he was afraid of needles. Not once. That was Arum who said that. What's kind of odd is, to most here, Arum is nothing but a liar. Yet they take his word for something like this? Color me confused!!

Props on being a blood donor BTW. I do blood and platelets whenever I can.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #115
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States (AZ)
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain View Post
Baldie, in the lounge you come across as a reasonable dude and I agree with your progressive positions most of the time.


In the GF, however, on the topic of Floyd/Pac, you come across as a clueless brain-dead retard with little to offer other than characterizing everyone with a take different to yours a Pactard.

And posting well reasoned little gems like this

"The problem is you Pactards DKSAB. When you don't know sh*t, everything makes sense."

pretty much cements my case.


Contrary to what you state above (when you're not name-calling) OSDT have never been a part of professional boxing protocol. The boxing authorities have always conducted their own tests and Pac has taken and passed all tests ever requested by any boxing commission.


You have to be pretty ****ing gullible to think that Floyd had any motive other than fear to suddenly demand OSDT tests when he had never mentioned the like before in regards to any other opponent.

And this view has been stated by Marvin Hagler, George Foreman, Roberto Duran, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Junior, Sugar Shane Mosley, DeMarcus Corley and numerous others. Lately, even Floyd's good buddy 50 cent has admitted that the man was scared to face 'the midget.'


How much use were OSDTs in catching Marion Jones ? Lance Armstrong ?

Both were tested up the ying-yang and never caught.


It's pretty ****in obvious to anyone unblinded by the rabid bias you've consistently displayed on this question, that the whole OSDT issue was introduced by Floyd when he saw what happened to Hatton and Cotto.
Yeah either that or he had common sense, knowing how much of a failure the commission sanctioned tests are. You have guys like SSM and Evander Holyfield who have proven how easy it is to beat those tests, and yet Floyd is afraid for wanting a more stringent test? Of course no testing is perfect, he just wanted the highest level assurance possible, that here was a level playing field. With things like blood doping, EPO etc. you need to monitor levels OVER TIME to catch it, and there is no denying the independent tests are much more effective than the commission's joke of a test. I mean for crying out loud, they actually have forgotten to collect samples all together after fights, and you want to trust them? There is no set of rules for state commissions, they all do their own thing.
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #116
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax99 View Post
Yeah either that or he had common sense, knowing how much of a failure the commission sanctioned tests are. You have guys like SSM and Evander Holyfield who have proven how easy it is to beat those tests, and yet Floyd is afraid for wanting a more stringent test? Of course no testing is perfect, he just wanted the highest level assurance possible, that here was a level playing field. With things like blood doping, EPO etc. you need to monitor levels OVER TIME to catch it, and there is no denying the independent tests are much more effective than the commission's joke of a test. I mean for crying out loud, they actually have forgotten to collect samples all together after fights, and you want to trust them? There is no set of rules for state commissions, they all do their own thing.
And you think it's a coincidence that he decided this just when Pac was seen as his boggest threat? Why no 'level playing field' for anyone else? Lets say...vs. JMM for example. And if a level playing field was SOO important, don't you think Floyd would have made the 144 vs. JMM as he was supposed to? Kinda shoots down your 'he wants a level playing field' theory, seeing how he just said **** it, and bought his way out of it.

The current testing is not perfect, and neither is USADA's testing. But the current standard HAS caught many high profile boxers, so it's not like it's completely impotent.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #117
LikeFatherNSon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
And you think it's a coincidence that he decided this just when Pac was seen as his boggest threat? Why no 'level playing field' for anyone else? Lets say...vs. JMM for example. And if a level playing field was SOO important, don't you think Floyd would have made the 144 vs. JMM as he was supposed to? Kinda shoots down your 'he wants a level playing field' theory, seeing how he just said **** it, and bought his way out of it.

The current testing is not perfect, and neither is USADA's testing. But the current standard HAS caught many high profile boxers, so it's not like it's completely impotent.
He didn't force Manny to say no.
LikeFatherNSon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #118
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Those are both fights that should not have been made. We were subjected to that due to Pac's sneaky ways.

Not sure of the exact timeline at this point, but first Pac had to have his cut heal then an outdoor stadium needed to be built. Once Mayweather moves on? Pac is making fights left and right.

Then on top of this, he goes and performs poorly against Bradley and gets KTFO by Marquez. The guy killed all buzz by being exposed for who he really was.
Trust me, bhs, Manny, like Sollozo said to Tom Hagen, the consigliere in the GODFATHER, "You give me too much credit, kid." Manny hasn't a Machiavellian bone his body.

Arum 'n Koncz make all decisions. I've seen it up-close, behind the scenes.
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #119
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,546
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Trust me, bhs, Manny, like Sollozo said to Tom Hagen, the consigliere in the GODFATHER, "You give me too much credit, kid." Manny hasn't a Machiavellian bone his body.

Arum 'n Koncz make all decisions. I've seen it up-close, behind the scenes.
While this can endear manny to certain fans, it also backfires. Oftentimes, people will respect someone who speaks up.
Slickstar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #120
LikeFatherNSon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,494
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Trust me, bhs, Manny, like Sollozo said to Tom Hagen, the consigliere in the GODFATHER, "You give me too much credit, kid." Manny hasn't a Machiavellian bone his body.

Arum 'n Koncz make all decisions. I've seen it up-close, behind the scenes.
I believe this is true. But ultimately, all he had to do was say..."I'll take the tests, let's do the fight."

He didn't. Not for a couple years anyway.
LikeFatherNSon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013