Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #151
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
Donaire has KO power in both hands. I don't see how anyone could deny that.

My biggest gripe is that he doesn't throw enough punches...especially against guys who are simply content to block and defend.

Averaging 30-40 punches a round is not going to beat Rigondeaux. The pace is too favorable. He's going to need to be active and overwhelm him.
I agree that volume is something that works in Donaire's favor. But even if they box at an even pace, I think Donaire would still have the upper hand, as Rigo himself has been even more negative at times.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #152
Milpitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I agree that volume is something that works in Donaire's favor. But even if they box at an even pace, I think Donaire would still have the upper hand, as Rigo himself has been even more negative at times.
Yeah I would like to see Donaire throw more combos like Pacquiao.
Milpitas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #153
DoubleM
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 876
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milpitas View Post
Yeah I would like to see Donaire throw more combos like Pacquiao.
bro quit spamming rigo and donaire threads on here and ***********. ovrer half the posts are you talking to yourself.
DoubleM is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #154
BobTheBuilder
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK (from CUBA orginally)
Posts: 1,331
vCash: 630
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
Guillermo Rigondeaux is going to get knocked out ****ing cold on April 13

BobTheBuilder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #155
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,859
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Already got my tickets !!!
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #156
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Memphis
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 462
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleM View Post
This si why I keep telling these guys that his size won't make a difference, in fact it will have a negative impact on a guy with Rigo's size.

DOnaire doesn't throw a lo tof punches himself! He goes out of his elemtn Rigo will hurt him!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milpitas View Post
I agree that Donaire needs to throw punches and hopefully they will incorporate that into his game plan more rather than wait for the big knockout punch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I agree that volume is something that works in Donaire's favor. But even if they box at an even pace, I think Donaire would still have the upper hand, as Rigo himself has been even more negative at times.
Donaire's defense isn't as good as Rigo's...especially considering Donaire isn't a reckless fighter who leaves himself open coming forward. He's a flat footed counter puncher. The best chance for Donaire to catch him is to exchange with him. Push the pace and make him uncomfortable. Cordoba isn't very skilled, but he's big, strong, and rough, and he gave Rigo a ton of trouble. Rigo is so small and weak in the upper body that he could get pushed around. Does Donaire have the temperament to do that? That's the question.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #157
ikeabuchia
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 761
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Easy win for Rigo. watch the welts begin to form under Nonito eyes and him to look puffy after the first round. Guillermo going to school him. making Donaire get desperate and leap in missing wildly. Even resorting to pulling rigo down to the canvas to get him out of his fight plan. Unfortunately this will not help him and his team. Very interesting to hear how absence Garcia is going to be only giving Donaire pep talk " come on you can do it " no tactics Rigos got an answer to everything Donaire brings. Donaire is good at improvising.
But Rigo can improvise in the ring like Erroll Garner can on a piano. and you know what that means
ikeabuchia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #158
Milpitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
Already got my tickets !!!
I wont be able to go but I'll be watching on HBO's World Championship Boxing.

Milpitas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #159
Milpitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
Donaire's defense isn't as good as Rigo's...especially considering Donaire isn't a reckless fighter who leaves himself open coming forward. He's a flat footed counter puncher. The best chance for Donaire to catch him is to exchange with him. Push the pace and make him uncomfortable. Cordoba isn't very skilled, but he's big, strong, and rough, and he gave Rigo a ton of trouble. Rigo is so small and weak in the upper body that he could get pushed around. Does Donaire have the temperament to do that? That's the question.
Rigondeaux has superb defense so that's no knock on Donaire who has very good defense in his own right. Donaire can fight aggressively when he wants to, he destroyed Jorge "El Travieso" Arce in his last fight by coming forward a lot.
Milpitas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #160
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,638
vCash: 347
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Rigo has pop in both hands too, I don't know why people don't acknowledge it. I just think Rigo is way better fighter than Donaire
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #161
Milpitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeabuchia View Post
Easy win for Rigo. watch the welts begin to form under Nonito eyes and him to look puffy after the first round. Guillermo going to school him. making Donaire get desperate and leap in missing wildly. Even resorting to pulling rigo down to the canvas to get him out of his fight plan. Unfortunately this will not help him and his team. Very interesting to hear how absence Garcia is going to be only giving Donaire pep talk " come on you can do it " no tactics Rigos got an answer to everything Donaire brings. Donaire is good at improvising.
But Rigo can improvise in the ring like Erroll Garner can on a piano. and you know what that means
If Rigo wins, it wont be easy. Donaire bruises and swells up easily. Just look at the Rios-Alvarado fight, Rios face doesn't swell up easily and Alvarado does, even though Alvarado was landing the bigger shots. It will be a great fight but to say it will be an easy fight one way or the other is nonsense.
Milpitas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 AM   #162
Milpitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloalto00 View Post
Rigo has pop in both hands too, I don't know why people don't acknowledge it. I just think Rigo is way better fighter than Donaire
I agree, his straight left and straight right combo that dropped Marroquin was impressive considering Marroquin is a naturally 135 pounder.
Milpitas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #163
PR BOXING
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

lol, this reminds me of Mcgrady. when he was asked who was the best player on the league. . . ME
PR BOXING is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #164
Milpitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR BOXING View Post
lol, this reminds me of Mcgrady. when he was asked who was the best player on the league. . . ME
Who is Mcgrady?
Milpitas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #165
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Memphis
Posts: 4,389
vCash: 462
Default Re: Guillermo Rigondeaux Says: "I'm The Greatest Boxer In History!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milpitas View Post
Rigondeaux has superb defense so that's no knock on Donaire who has very good defense in his own right. Donaire can fight aggressively when he wants to, he destroyed Jorge "El Travieso" Arce in his last fight by coming forward a lot.
Arce was on the back foot initially, but Donaire didn't start landing til he came forward. I have no idea why he isn't being matched with guys who come straight in. He'd be a KO machine.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013