Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #91
Sweet Jones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rios' post-fight antics - anyone else actually like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckle Vision View Post
Was it me or did Alvarado get a bit emotional when trying to talk? like he got choked up a bit

Alavardo has just won his first legit World title. He did it against a guy who had burtally KO'ed him less than a year ago. He had been (allegedly) 'bottle busted' during his training camp leading up to this fight. He gave the fans a tremendous fight.

Mike Alvarado DESERVED his minute and a half interview to thanks his supporters and fans and all the people who helped him get to the pinnacle of the sport.

This is what you Rios defenders neglect to consider. You claim Rios was just 'being real', but in truth he injecting himself into another man's moment to shine. Alvarado EARNED the right to talk, uninterrupted, that night. His people deserved it, his supporters deserved it, and his fans deserved it.

IMO, Rios came off like a clown last night.
Sweet Jones is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #92
Golden Boy 360
Boxing's Biggest Cash Cow
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

It was a nice change to post fight interviews. usually interviews are plain vanilla at least this one added a little flavor even if he did look like a fool.
Golden Boy 360 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #93
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Jones View Post
Alavardo has just won his first legit World title. He did it against a guy who had burtally KO'ed him less than a year ago. He had been (allegedly) 'bottle busted' during his training camp leading up to this fight. He gave the fans a tremendous fight.

Mike Alvarado DESERVED his minute and a half interview to thanks his supporters and fans and all the people who helped him get to the pinnacle of the sport.

This is what you Rios defenders neglect to consider. You claim Rios was just 'being real', but in truth he injecting himself into another man's moment to shine. Alvarado EARNED the right to talk, uninterrupted, that night. His people deserved it, his supporters deserved it, and his fans deserved it.

Yeah that's how I felt when I saw it. I understand adrenaline was rushing, Rios was upset he didn't get the win and wanted to insure everyone heard Alvarado's response to a rematch... But I think he should have let Alvarado do his interview then made sure he didn't leave the ring before you got the mic and demanded a rematch.

It was a big big win for Alvarado, and he didn't get his chance to express himself properly in my opinion because of Rios. Nothing something I'm going to sit and bitch about or hold against him in the future, just thought it was in bad taste when I saw it...
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #94
nvs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 400

I hope Alvarado aint no Jon Jones whos gonna bitch about how Rios stole his moment.
Alvarado got what he came for and i think he is quite satisfied with that.
nvs is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #95
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
Only pussies complain
You are calling Ríos a *****????
Mamerto is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #96
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Rios is a warrior but he acted a bit of a dumbass - he tried to make out the win was so they could fight again - he should know Arum wanted him to win to set him up with one of the big 3. Fact is Alvarado was smarter, and his movement confused Rios who is all heart but has one dimension

I like Alvarado, he's a classy fighter and a warrior as well who showed some intelligence in this fight - I had it 116-112 Alvarado, at worse 115-113 but Rios can have no complaints, it was a clear and deserved win
Miguel is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #97
Ricky42791
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2835

lose graciously not like a five year old
Ricky42791 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #98
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Still 'Bullsh!ting', I see.

Sad, sad sad.

Bullshitin' is something you can't refrain from kid. Relax sweetheart..... you just don't like that I pointed out that Broner is an example of immaturity and coming off painfully phony so now you got your panties all in a knot. Your silly kid.
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #99
Sweet Jones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama99 View Post
Bullshitin' is something you can't refrain from kid. Relax sweetheart..... you just don't like that I pointed out that Broner is an example of immaturity and coming off painfully phony so now you got your panties all in a knot. Your silly kid.
Deal with it, lame. Both you and your alts. Deal with it.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 PM   #100
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Alvarado gave a tremendous performance and deserved to get the win and deserved to have his shine. That's exactly why he was given first opportunity to have his moment before Rios. He did with his spot light what he wanted and when they asked to hear Rios out after the fight Rios did his thing.

There was NOTHING disrespectful in what Rios said. He was just very aggressive and passionate with how he projected his feelings. He didn't make any excuses...he didn't say Alvarado didn't deserve the win...he said Alvarado was a warrior and expressed that he wanted to do it a 3rd time. He even offered to fight in his own backyard.

Rios did NOT inject himself into another man's conversation...he was ASKED to give his thoughts and that's exactly what he did. Alvarado had his time to speak without Rios in the mix and was able to speak uninterrupted. When they ASKED for Rios to offer his thoughts is where Rios took his moment to speak.

Both men deserved to have their moment for that performance. Just beacuse Rios stole the attention with his moment doesn't mean he was disrespectful. Brandon was just more colorful than Alvarado which is what everyone already knew. So there's no surprise Brandon would have something to say that would separate him as a hardass.

If Brandon came off as a "clown" in your opinion then I'm sure your view on Broner's antics must be viewed as a complete embarrassment in your eyes.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #101
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Deal with it, lame. Both you and your alts. Deal with it.
Deal with what? I'm cool with the decision kid. You are all upset over a post fight interview. Jeez sweetness....get the sand out of your vagina. And this isn't my alt....this is my new account that everyone knows about. "Deal with it".
Old 03-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #102
Sweet Jones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Alvarado gave a tremendous performance and deserved to get the win and deserved to have his shine.

**SNIP**
Exactly, lame. And his time to get his shine was interrupted by Rios running around holding up fingers, calling for Bob Arum, and rambling about being a 'f**king warrior' like some teenager hyped up on Mountain Dew and Four Loko.

Everything you say after that quote posted above is just excuse making and your typical 'bullish!t'.

Deal with it, lame.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #103
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Exactly, lame. And his time to get his shine was interrupted by Rios running around holding up fingers, calling for Bob Arum, and rambling about being a 'f**king warrior' like some teenager hyped up on Mountain Dew and Four Loko.

Everything you say after that quote posted above is just excuse making and your typical 'bullish!t'.

Deal with it, lame.
Sweet....You're a MAJOR cornball ass mother****er. You all emotional and upset about Rios holding up "3" because he was indicating a trilogy. No wonder you call yourself "sweet".... your a ****ing girl. Pull you skirt down you pansy. Rios deserved time to express his thoughts just like Alvarado...both had their time to do so. What are you crying about Sweetcheeks?

Deal with it cornball......Rios is who he is and your skirt wearin' ass must be on the rag to be this upset over it. Sleep it off kid.... your embarrassing yourself.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #104
Sweet Jones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Sweet....You're a MAJOR cornball ass mother****er. You all emotional and upset about Rios holding up "3" because he was indicating a trilogy. No wonder you call yourself "sweet".... your a ****ing girl. Pull you skirt down you pansy. Rios deserved time to express his thoughts just like Alvarado...both had their time to do so. What are you crying about Sweetcheeks?

Deal with it cornball......Rios is who he is and your skirt wearin' ass must be on the rag to be this upset over it. Sleep it off kid.... your embarrassing yourself.
I see your new alt is just like the old one: full of 'bullsh!t' and homoerotic fantasy. Man up and leave that 'gay talk' alone, 'kid'.

Deal with it, lame.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #105
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by markq View Post
Disrespectful. Alvarado let him shine when Rios won the first. This reminds me of that clown Mosley who got up in Mayweather's face.
Actually Mosley was calm and not disrespectful. The Ass Clown is the one that caused the scene!

BTW Prime Mosley kicks Voids ass!
slugger3000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum