Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
enpe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Brian Rose

Know there's the RBR thread, but struggling to make any sense of it, too many fights being talked about, it seems it was a controversial stoppage, but who was in front at the time?
enpe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
ButeTheBeast
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Brian Rose

Scorecard's from ringside and commentators had it by 1 round for Rose.

But then Sky commentators after said that Rose was winning on the score-cards
ButeTheBeast is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
enpe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Thanks, was mentioned in the RBR that this will probably be the end of him headlining?
enpe is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 03:29 AM   #4
destruction
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The fact that he headlined was an absolute joke to be frank.

He is an average domestic level fighter and Sky should be embarrassed that he is supposedly the main event.

The stoppage came at a time when his opponent was not hurt and was just taking a flurry of shots on the ropes, a classic bull**** stoppage.
destruction is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 03:33 AM   #5
SMS Employee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Like I said a few weeks ago, eddie hearn is the British Al Haymon. He gets his guys tv dates vs low quality opponents and they basically get paid easy money. Its a complete utter farce.
SMS Employee is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 03:39 AM   #6
WBCIBFWBAChamp.
Contender
ESB Senior Member

But alcime was wobblying back to his corner mate.. He still didnt recover from the right hand at the end of the 11th. The way people are being so hard on rose is comical.. Its not his fault hes headlining.. Hes just learning as he goes along. This was a fight against a FORMER world champion.. He maybe abit washed up.. But an apparent 'domestic level' fighter just stopped or in you lots cased beat a "fringe level/ world level fighter" tbh. I give him props. He may not be world class now.. But as every fight goes on i reckon he will only get better and better in a couple years or so.. Lay off him.
WBCIBFWBAChamp. is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
enpe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Judging by the response, that's the end of Rose headlining, so no more shows in the ****hole
enpe is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

It was weird one thing i noticed there I was at the Rose v Harris show which wasnt on TV and there was a much better atmosphere then than there was last night.
wrimc is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
Fileepe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 125

The atmosphere was shocking last night. The worst atmosphere ive experienced at a bill. It reached its peak in the Cardle v Hughes fight when it was the final round and Cardle came out and urged the crowd on. Apart from that it was **** poor
Fileepe is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fileepe View Post
The atmosphere was shocking last night. The worst atmosphere ive experienced at a bill. It reached its peak in the Cardle v Hughes fight when it was the final round and Cardle came out and urged the crowd on. Apart from that it was **** poor
Ye was a bit strange like i said at the Harris fight everyone was much more hyped up for Rose. I dont think it helped that "ringside" basically coveredthe entire floorspace.

Felt sorry for Selby when he fought everyone had gone to the bar. Something was certainly lacking last night.
wrimc is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #11
The Bellboy
Journeyman

As for Rose headlining, blame Sky for that, not Matchroom. If Sky want to put all their eggs in one basket with them, then they can expect a load more **** sandwich cards like that. Matchroom can only look after a certain amount of boxers, which is why you're going to get mediocre boxers like Rose headlining shows.

Though saying that, does anyone know if he's even got much of a following up north? He can't doing too badly, I imagine most of the people at the Winter Gardens bought their tickets to see him.
The Bellboy is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #12
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS Employee View Post
Like I said a few weeks ago, eddie hearn is the British Al Haymon. He gets his guys tv dates vs low quality opponents and they basically get paid easy money. Its a complete utter farce.
Look,

Rose was tested, it doesnt matter what level he or his opponent is or / is deemed to be, thats a debate in itself, what Hearn is doing is not a farce, he's keeping his fighters busy and stepping them up as and when required. Holes will be picked in the process because its not perfect but if this guy had the stable, he would be making better fights on a more regular basis, IMHO Eddie Hearn is vastly becoming the saviour of British boxing.

He made a mistake in headlining Rose but Rose is at the level where he's either going to push on for Euro or World Titles or he's going to defend his British Title for the next 6 years.

Its a much better approach than the Frank W fight twice in 2 years system.
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Did anyone else have Alcine ahead? I had him up by 2 before the ref decided to be a ****.

Rose can do ok at European level, but that's his limit. Nothing wrong with that he's had a brilliant career so far. After getting sparked by Maxwell nobody thought he would even win a British title, let alone win it outright.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #14
Journey Man
Journeyman always.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBCIBFWBAChamp. View Post
But alcime was wobblying back to his corner mate.. He still didnt recover from the right hand at the end of the 11th. The way people are being so hard on rose is comical.. Its not his fault hes headlining.. Hes just learning as he goes along. This was a fight against a FORMER world champion.. He maybe abit washed up.. But an apparent 'domestic level' fighter just stopped or in you lots cased beat a "fringe level/ world level fighter" tbh. I give him props. He may not be world class now.. But as every fight goes on i reckon he will only get better and better in a couple years or so.. Lay off him.
Do you not have the WBO belt?
Journey Man is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS Employee View Post
Realistically who did you want Brian Rose to fight?
Marlow is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum