Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
tobias
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Who should Golovkin meet in this MW division? To prove credibility?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

To prove his credibility? I'm saying first a same type opponent, then a top one like Chavez Jr or Martinez! Is Geale so solid? People say he stands no chance against top 8 in the SMW for example. What about Quillin? Or maybe Sturm? Or Pirog? The rest of the boxers don't look so good. Sam Soliman is ****ing 40 and lost over 10 times, he's 5th. Some voices say Vera but he lost 6 times!!
tobias is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Golovkin meet in this MW division?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

To prove his credibility? I'm saying first a same type opponent, then a top one like Chavez Jr or Martinez! Is Geale so solid? People say he stands no chance against top 8 in the SMW for example. What about Quillin? Or maybe Sturm? Or Pirog? The rest of the boxers don't look so good. Sam Soliman is ****ing 40 and lost over 10 times, he's 5th. Some voices say Vera but he lost 6 times!!
Then get those other guys to grow some balls and give this guy a fight! He already said he's willing to fight anyone +-1 division. You act like he's dodging better opposition.
markq is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
iWantToLearnEng
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: Who should Golovkin meet in this MW division? To prove credibility?

The HBO wants to see him against Macklin. I also see this fight possible. Macklin is not the best boxer but better than all of GGG's opponents in the past.
Sturm is ducking Golovkin since 2009 and I don't think he will face GGG. After that fight his career would finish definitive.
He should fight Quillin in my opinion. After that he Martinez can not duck him anymore.
iWantToLearnEng is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1436

piroq. hard unbeaten puncher himself, know for the jacobs ko, just a very solid middleweight, if he beats him, than martinez, i mean he is already ready for martinez, but if he beat a big puncher like piroq on tv it would defeinitly hype a martinez vs golovkin showdown.

just for the joy of KO he also should face lemieaux, would be like the 2 of top 10 p4p highest punchers facing each other, sounds fun.
El Lucho is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lucho View Post
piroq. hard unbeaten puncher himself, know for the jacobs ko, just a very solid middleweight, if he beats him, than martinez, i mean he is already ready for martinez, but if he beat a big puncher like piroq on tv it would defeinitly hype a martinez vs golovkin showdown.

just for the joy of KO he also should face lemieaux, would be like the 2 of top 10 p4p highest punchers facing each other, sounds fun.
Pirog has been out with a back injury, since August, He'd at least need a tuneup if and when he comes back.

They're not putting Lemieux in with him, are you kidding? They're far from ready for the Rubio rematch,
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWantToLearnEng View Post
The HBO wants to see him against Macklin. I also see this fight possible. Macklin is not the best boxer but better than all of GGG's opponents in the past.
Sturm is ducking Golovkin since 2009 and I don't think he will face GGG. After that fight his career would finish definitive.
He should fight Quillin in my opinion. After that he Martinez can not duck him anymore.
Both Quillin and Macklin have passed before, and Quillin is now strictly on SHO (undercard still). Macklin can maybe be strong armed, but he doesn't seem willing at all.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
tobias
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Damn, if they pick Macklin it's clear. Well chosen opponent, he isn't better than Golovkin and there are chances to smell the coffin. But who knows, Matt met some nice opposition.
tobias is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1436

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
Pirog has been out with a back injury, since August, He'd at least need a tuneup if and when he comes back.

They're not putting Lemieux in with him, are you kidding? They're far from ready for the Rubio rematch,

did not knew that with piroq back, sad. piroq is one of my fav middleweights. well, lemieaux was a joke, but still it would be fun two see 2 heavy knock outers going at it for 1-3 rounds

so who's left, guess geale or quilliin. because c jr. seems to go up in weight for ward and sturms career is over, his rescent fight were shite.
El Lucho is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
tobias
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Lemieux very similar, his work rate looks a bit better. Hard to say. I would pay for Chavez Jr-Golovkin for ex!
tobias is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #10
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lucho View Post
did not knew that with piroq back, sad. piroq is one of my fav middleweights. well, lemieaux was a joke, but still it would be fun two see 2 heavy knock outers going at it for 1-3 rounds

so who's left, guess geale or quilliin. because c jr. seems to go up in weight for ward and sturms career is over, his rescent fight were shite.
Quillin already said not now, GGG needs to build up his name first like Pete did.

Geale maybe, what's he got scheduled for June? He already dropped his belt for not defending vs GGG and taking on Mundine, which is a money fight so no issue there.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #11
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias View Post
Lemieux very similar, his work rate looks a bit better. Hard to say. I would pay for Chavez Jr-Golovkin for ex!
Lemieux was a protected one trick pony that had no amateur cred. GGG outpointed top notch amateurs with headgear. And he's obviously not protected, they cant find anyone to match him with in his division.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #12
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Chavez Jr. vs. GGG is great. Both guys are confident and have power.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #13
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

I don't know but he needs to beat a top 10 guy to warrant the hype and attention he gets.
Nonito Smoak is online now  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:45 PM   #14
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Quillin already said not now, GGG needs to build up his name first like Pete did.

Geale maybe, what's he got scheduled for June? He already dropped his belt for not defending vs GGG and taking on Mundine, which is a money fight so no issue there.
Keep your fingers crossed that Soliman is found guilty of doping. There have been whispers of Macklin or Golovkin in June.
kas117 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #15
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Keep your fingers crossed that Soliman is found guilty of doping. There have been whispers of Macklin or Golovkin in June.
I think Geale is the most open of all the contenders to fighting GGG, the problem is guys like Hearn and LDB would much rather overpay him to get one of his guys a title shot, vs going the Golovkin route.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum