Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Does Ali/Ali's corners blatant use of banned substances to recover damage his legacy?
Yes 5 22.73%
No 17 77.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #121
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Muhammad Ali and PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
2 can play that childish game.

Did Clay hit Cooper so often in the 5th round that his faced was bloodstained and he could no longer continue?

This forum is a revolving door for blatant anti-Ali agendas/delusionists.

Bloody right,John ! Some of them need a liedown in a darkened room.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #122
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wass1985 View Post
I thinks it pretty obvious your talking bullshit!
Encore!!!!
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #123
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
2 can play that childish game.

Did Clay hit Cooper so often in the 5th round that his faced was bloodstained and he could no longer continue?

This forum is a revolving door for blatant anti-Ali agendas/delusionists.
I keep thinking Senor Pepe is still lurking about here somewhere

All this conspiracy theory bullshit
Azzer85 is online now  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #124
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedx View Post
No. Who is that?
Its definitely him
Old 04-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #125
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wass1985 View Post
You don't know why he stood up so your just assuming. His legs sure as hell didn't show that he was semi conscious. What makes you think he'd have been kod if he hadn't had been given the salts?
If you watch the video, Ali's corner put smelling salts were under his nose...then he came to, jerked his head up. His eyes looked like pin-balls. Ali did not know where he was, and had to be restrained by Dundee in-between rounds. Add to the fact that Dundee himself said right after the fight there was an extended delay between rounds, far more than an 8 seconds.

If Cooper's corner or the ref was aware of what went down, they could have made an appeal to the commission, and perhaps the fight goes down as a NC, or DQ.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #126
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
If you watch the video, Ali's corner put smelling salts were under his nose...then he came to, jerked his head up. His eyes looked like pin-balls. Ali did not know where he was, and had to be restrained by Dundee in-between rounds. Add to the fact that Dundee himself said right after the fight there was an extended delay between rounds, far more than an 8 seconds.

If Cooper's corner or the ref was aware of what went down, they could have made an appeal to the commission, and perhaps the fight goes down as a NC, or DQ.
Thank you at least some people on here can see the clear evidence.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #127
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Yeah, Ali without PEDS simply could not beat a Prime Cooper
Old 04-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #128
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

bump.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #129
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
Yeah, Ali without PEDS simply could not beat a Prime Cooper

He'd beat a prime Bowe and Buster Douglas on the same night
dyna is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #130
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post

He'd beat a prime Bowe and Buster Douglas on the same night
never.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #131
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member

****sake, I'm all for free speech and everything, but if I was ever tempted to permanently blackball the discussion, for or against, of one fighter on this forum, it'd be Ali. I suppose I don't really come on here frequently enough that I should let it get on my tits, so more fool me, but it drives me ****ing wappy. He rarely generates constructive discussion, so why bother? Don't answer that.

Sorry, but the potstirring, anti-Ali trolls and monotheistic Ali arsekissers are all as bad as each other. It just seems to be that one group are rightly denounced as trolls where the other group gets away with it, and there are way more of the latter knocking about than the former. Their agendas are usually masked - badly, I might add - behind a rather insidious veneer of bland credibility so that their opinions seem to carry much more weight than those of the minority nutters, sadsacks and easy targets when it often isn't the case.

Somebody rather sneeringly mentioned Pepe/Duce earlier on. Granted that he had some odd opinions and that his anti-Ali pish was often embarrassing, irritating and ill-advised, clogging up the forum as it did along with all the redundant pro-Ali threads. It was also occasionally valid and hugely outweighed by the reams of excellent obscure information he often contributed and the number of excellent threads he started on a number of relatively little-discussed fighters (or even well-discussed ones, ie. Liston) to provoke discussion. At least he actually contributed something rather than belligerently trotting out tired, whiny, redundant cliches (probably like this one), which is more than plenty of people on this ridiculous thread can say whether they like Ali or not.

Ali was one of the main reasons I became interested in boxing and it's history as a child, and I never thought I'd find myself at the point where discussing him actually bores me, which is making me berate myself.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 AM   #132
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Ribs View Post
****sake, I'm all for free speech and everything, but if I was ever tempted to permanently blackball the discussion, for or against, of one fighter on this forum, it'd be Ali. I suppose I don't really come on here frequently enough that I should let it get on my tits, so more fool me, but it drives me ****ing wappy. He rarely generates constructive discussion, so why bother? Don't answer that.

Sorry, but the potstirring, anti-Ali trolls and monotheistic Ali arsekissers are all as bad as each other. It just seems to be that one group are rightly denounced as trolls where the other group gets away with it, and there are way more of the latter knocking about than the former. Their agendas are usually masked - badly, I might add - behind a rather insidious veneer of bland credibility so that their opinions seem to carry much more weight than those of the minority nutters, sadsacks and easy targets when it often isn't the case.

Somebody rather sneeringly mentioned Pepe/Duce earlier on. Granted that he had some odd opinions and that his anti-Ali pish was often embarrassing, irritating and ill-advised, clogging up the forum as it did along with all the redundant pro-Ali threads. It was also occasionally valid and hugely outweighed by the reams of excellent obscure information he often contributed and the number of excellent threads he started on a number of relatively little-discussed fighters (or even well-discussed ones, ie. Liston) to provoke discussion. At least he actually contributed something rather than belligerently trotting out tired, whiny, redundant cliches (probably like this one), which is more than plenty of people on this ridiculous thread can say whether they like Ali or not.

Ali was one of the main reasons I became interested in boxing and it's history as a child, and I never thought I'd find myself at the point where discussing him actually bores me, which is making me berate myself.
serious question.

If a person knocks Ali hes a troll, if someone defends him hes an arse-kisser. What way would you like questions to be asked/answered?
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2013, 03:02 AM   #133
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

There was no consensus on the prohibiion of PEDs in sport, I'm not sure it was even discussed in boxing, and certainly hardly any 'moral outrage' regarding their use, it simply wasn't an issue in the days when Muhammad Ali was competing.
The drugs existed, and were used by some boxers. But it wasn't cheating.

As for smelling salts, I'm not sure why they were banned in the UK, if that's even true.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2013, 03:04 AM   #134
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
There was no consensus on the prohibiion of PEDs in sport, I'm not sure it was even discussed in boxing, and certainly hardly any 'moral outrage' regarding their use, it simply wasn't an issue in the days when Muhammad Ali was competing.
The drugs existed, and were used by some boxers. But it wasn't cheating.

As for smelling salts, I'm not sure why they were banned in the UK, if that's even true.
Tell that to Erbito Salavarria
Flea Man is online now  Top
Old 04-16-2013, 03:20 AM   #135
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Ribs View Post

Very nice post. I'm suprised that people are such ardent defenders of Ali. I'm not a hater or anything. He was a very amazing fighter who could fight on par with all of the great heavyweights of the past and beat some of them. His footwork was also great though it was tiring on a heavyweight.

The only argument I'm making is that Ali's was weaker in his earlier career. He got lucky in some of his fights when he was losing on points and got a cut (Sonny Banks), knocked down and hurt by Cooper and had to use smelling salts among other thins.

What do you think of the evidence I showed in the OP? If you don't condone smelling salts today and think that they give an unfair advantage what about back the. I think it's a joke people are likening them to coffee.
xRedx is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum