Old 04-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #61
Ringmaster
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Tough night for fury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Yeah, that's the problem, people are judging him against the hype and not looking at the reality.
If you look at the reality, last night's win was decent progress for Tyson Fury.

As for fighting David Haye, it would be a massive fight, great for British boxing.
If I was Fury's adviser, I'd want him to chase that fight rather than the eliminator with Pulev.
Its a great fight for British Boxing.

Its a great fight for the fighters as it will generate a lot of money.

However its an even better fight for David Haye as a convincing knock out victory which is what would happen would propel him back into the big time and make The Klitschko's sit up and take notice.
Ringmaster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #62
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I thought he did a good job against probably the best fighter he's fought who still has ambition himself. I thought he'd blown it acting like a knobhead and then taking that shot flush. People are saying Cunningham can't punch but that was a peach though a little bit high. It was early in the round and Fury did well to get over it showing a real fighters heart, a good chin and plenty of bottle. He was getting beat to the punch due to Cunninghams speed but gritted his teeth, used his strength and weight and did what he had to. He showed good stamina too. You could see him putting on the pressure during the first half of the rounds and then kicking in the second half and really punishing Steve.
Overall he's hopefully learnt a few lessons. He's still a bit raw and needs to tighten up his defence and not get caught with shots like that. It was a great learning fight, a lot more valuable than some of the knockovers he's fought. It was a great heavyweight scrap and I'm sure the Yanks will want to see more of him. How far can he go? We'll have to wait and see but he's going in the right direction and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes for him.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #63
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Eh? A flash KD like Douglas being dropped by Tyson? Douglas was ****ed and was down for over 10 seconds.
If Buster Douglas was that ****ed, he would not of won the next round..? infact didn't he knocked Mike Tyson out in the next round..? You can watch the fight again, and see Buster Douglas checking for the time, against a known finisher in Mike Tyson which was wise! He got up on the referee's count, which is the only count that matters.

He was not ****ed, and was not stumbling about when he got up.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #64
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Eh? A flash KD like Douglas being dropped by Tyson? Douglas was ****ed and was down for over 10 seconds.
Yeah, I was kinda ****ed up and typing a load of shit last night

Douglas didn't look gone against Tyson though, is what I was trying to say. He regained his composure quickly and looked alert and ready when he got up, just like Fury did.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #65
DDDUUDDDEE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
If Buster Douglas was that ****ed, he would not of won the next round..? infact didn't he knocked Mike Tyson out in the next round..? You can watch the fight again, and see Buster Douglas checking for the time, against a known finisher in Mike Tyson which was wise! He got up on the referee's count, which is the only count that matters.

He was not ****ed, and was not stumbling about when he got up.
This, I think
Old 04-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #66
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
Yeah, I was kinda ****ed up and typing a load of shit last night
You was not typing shit, you was partly right. Buster Douglas was not ****ed, rolling around on the fall! He was checking for time at one point which was wise, against a known finisher in Mike Tyson. If he was that ****ed, he would not of been able to stopped Mike Tyson in the next round or two. Strike mentioned that he was down for 10 seconds, its the referee's count of 10 that's what matters, and the fact of the matter is..? Buster Douglas got up before the referee's count of 10.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #67
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by N17 View Post
Just having a read through and this was pretty much bang on the money...
Cheers, in the prediction thread for this fight there were a few others that predicted a similar outcome, i.e. doug.ie et al.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #68
Furey
EST & REG 2009
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringmaster View Post
Fury showed a lot of guts and heart. But lets get real here, even in this age of a very poor heavyweight division he is going to have to be matched very carefully.

He is entertaining, but will get found out by a heavyweight who can fire back with shots. He is slow and ponderous, you can see his shots coming from a mile off.

Fury has done very well for himself, world class guts and heart but domestic class boxing ability.
Domestic class boxing ability?

- He's beaten Chisora who gave Vitali a tough night, Haye a few things to think about and was robbed against Helenius.

- Cunningham is a former world champ as a CW and deserved the nod against Adamek

- Kevin Johnson took Vitali the distance.

Furey is offline  Top
Old 04-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #69
DDDUUDDDEE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
You was not typing shit, you was partly right. Buster Douglas was not ****ed, rolling around on the fall! He was checking for time at one point which was wise, against a known finisher in Mike Tyson. If he was that ****ed, he would not of been able to stopped Mike Tyson in the next round or two. Strike mentioned that he was down for 10 seconds, its the referee's count of 10 that's what matters, and the fact of the matter is..? Buster Douglas got up before the referee's count of 10.
Yeah, I agree. I also retract my "typing shit" statemant
Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #70
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
Yeah, I agree. I also retract my "typing shit" statemant
All that matters is the referee's count of ten, and Buster Douglas by the rules got up before the referee's count of ten. He won the next round, and later on stopped Mike Tyson.

"He was hurt, but not ****ed, if he was ****...? there is no way in hell he would of won the next round and then later on knocked out Mike Tyson"..

BORKED

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum