Trout UD 52 45.22%
Trout Stoppage 5 4.35%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Somebody's 0 has gotta go! Saul Alvarez v Austin Trout Prediction Thread

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

WBC & WBA Light Middleweight Unification. Live on BoxNation & Showtime from the Alamodrome in San Antonio, Texas.

Light Middleweight Rankings (154lbs)
World Championship: (Vacant)
1. Austin Trout (WBA)
2. Erislandy Lara
3. Carlos Molina

4. Miguel Cotto
5. Saul Alvarez (WBC)
6. James Kirkland
7. Vanes Martirosyan
8. Delvin Rodrigurez
9. Alfredo Angulo
10. Ishe Smith (IBF)
11. Cornelius Bundrage
12. Zaurbek Baysangurov (WBO)
13. Sergie Rabchenko
14. Demetrius Andrade
15. Damian Janack

Betting Odds (William Hill)

Alvarez 2/5
Trout 2/1

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez
Hometown - Tlajomulco de Z˙˝iga, Jalisco, Mexico
Age - 22 Years Old
Height - 5ft8
Reach - 71cm
Professional Record - 41-0-1 (30KO's)
Amateur Record - 42-2
Titles - WBC Light Middleweight Champion
Defences - 5
Ranking - No.5

Title Fights
Josesito Lopez TKO5
Shane Mosley UD12
Kermit Cintron TKO5
Alfonso Gomez TKO6
Ryan Rhodes TKO11
Matthew Hatton UD

What He Said

"We are working hard. My team and I are focused 100 percent on my opponent. I have great respect for Austin Trout and what he has been able to achieve. This fight is a complicated one. He's not only tough but a lefty and he also knows how to keeps his guard with his left. He's a very intelligent fighter, young, skilled and tough. It's not going to be an easy task to beat him, but we're working hard and getting ready. I respect Trout outside of the ring, but once he's in the ring, that's a whole different thing."

"This fight for me is personal. I know Trout beat my brother. I was there that day and that made me feel helpless. Now I'll get the chance to avenge his loss and bring him up to the ring with me when I win."

"Like in life, in sports, there are critics and skeptics. There's always going to be someone criticizing you. To fight Trout is not going to quiet down criticism against me, but I honestly don't mind it. I think all criticism is constructive."

Austin "No Doubt" Trout
Hometown - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
Age - 27
Height - 5,91/2 ft
Reach - 72cm
Professional Record - 26-0 (14KO's)
Amateur Record - 163-42-1
Titles - WBA Light Middleweight Champion
Defences - 4
Ranking - No.1

Title Fights
Miguel Cotto UD12
Delvin Rodrigurz UD12
Frank LoPorto TKO6
David Lopez UD12
Rigoberto Alvarez UD12

What He Said

"I want to thank the fans. The fans demanded this fight and made it happen. I believe that Canelo is a great champion. I have to thank him for making this happen.I want to thank the Lord, because I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Him."

"I'm a fast, hungry champion. I don't believe that Canelo is the second coming of Oscar De La Hoya. I do believe that I'm the better fighter. If I didn't think I could be victorious, I wouldn't be risking my life and limb to face this man. I wouldn't be risking my undefeated record and my belt if I didn't believe in myself. I'll be victorious and I'll go home as the unified champion."

"Someone's '0' has got to go. It sure as hell isn't going to be mine and I'm sure he is saying the same thing. That's the formula for a great fight. [Hip-hop artist] Drake said it best, 'Started from the bottom, now we're here. Started from the bottom, now my whole team's here."

"I know that Canelo is a hungry champion. I'm not just hungry. I'm starving. I'm ready for April 20."

Last edited by Jonsey; 04-15-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Arnie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Somebody's 0 has gotta go! Saul Alvarez v Austin Trout Prediction Thread

Saul Alvarez wins by TKO
Arnie is online now  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416
Default Re: Somebody's 0 has gotta go! Saul Alvarez v Austin Trout Prediction Thread

Trout by decision (if the judges are fair). Have a nasty feeling he'll outbox Alvarez but the judges will gift the win to Saul because of his star power.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

I think Canelo overwhelms him.

Whoever wins, I'd like to see face Floyd.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

trout 2/1 ?....i'm on that.

canelo must be a lot better than i think though...why would they let a money making investment like him anywhere near the likes of trout at this stage?
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Trout by decision (if the judges are fair). Have a nasty feeling he'll outbox Alvarez but the judges will gift the win to Saul because of his star power.
This is exactly how I feel, really pleased to see Alvarez in with a genuine light middleweight though, acid test for him in just his 43rd fight.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Jonesy,

Commendable effort well done

Ive gone back an forth with this fight so many times that Ive actually just reverted to sitting on the fence.

Trout will trouble Canelo with his flicky fast jab, no doubt about it, his hand speed will have Canelo in trouble. Canelo's feet position against Southpaws is always correct, it seems during every exchange Canelo is in the correct position to land a right hand against southpaws.

Im leaning toward Canelo by stoppage but the demons in my mind about this kid have yet to be laid to rest, an active fighter with solid schooling can outwork Canelo, I'm certain of that, I was absolutely sure Paul Williams would have done it and I think Trout can do it.

That said Trout is defensively loose, and Cotto clobbered him with several left hooks, given Canelo's left hook is so devastating he may end the fight with one.

Im on the fence officially, un-officlally Im leaning towards Canelo by stoppage
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm a fan of both. Great fight this. Don't mind who wins as long as its fair.
If i had to put my balls on the table I'd say Trout wins the fight but gets the wrong end of a SD.
Can't trust Texas.
oli is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Trout by decision.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Jonesy,

Commendable effort well done

Ive gone back an forth with this fight so many times that Ive actually just reverted to sitting on the fence.

Trout will trouble Canelo with his flicky fast jab, no doubt about it, his hand speed will have Canelo in trouble. Canelo's feet position against Southpaws is always correct, it seems during every exchange Canelo is in the correct position to land a right hand against southpaws.

Im leaning toward Canelo by stoppage but the demons in my mind about this kid have yet to be laid to rest, an active fighter with solid schooling can outwork Canelo, I'm certain of that, I was absolutely sure Paul Williams would have done it and I think Trout can do it.

That said Trout is defensively loose, and Cotto clobbered him with several left hooks, given Canelo's left hook is so devastating he may end the fight with one.

Im on the fence officially, un-officlally Im leaning towards Canelo by stoppage
I went for a UD for the same reasons, but think Trout will taste Canelo's power and get too negative paving the way for a Canelo UD. But you can see Trout outboxing him. Get a feeling this could be a fight with 2 sides to it.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #11
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

That is one organised post
You should do that for every fight
Trout UD Canelo's stamina is bad and Trout will keep ducking and dodging and pot shotting to a decision
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2323

I thought Trout was far bigger than Canelo, don't know why?! Seeing that they're close in height and that Trout won't have as much range as I expected, I think Canelo will take this. Canelo UD.
KidJackal is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
Swing_Kinker
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

3-1 for Trout on skybet, having some of that
Swing_Kinker is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #14
HOLMSLICE

Hi guys. I don't have boxnation and have a bloody essay due on monday morning so I won't be able to stay awake and stream the fight. Does anyone know if there is any way to get the fight on the net on sunday morning???
HOLMSLICE is offline  Top
Old 04-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Canelo on PTS I say with little confidence.
Scotty321 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum