Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
Stylez G.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Tyson Fury: MMA is bull***t

"I challenged Cain Velasquez to a fight three times, but he's a little ***** boy. He said no on live TV. I would take Cain Velasquez out. MMA to me is bull****. It's for people who can't box and like wrestling on the floor. That's all I think about MMA...rubbish," Fury said.

Another in a long line of mouthy U.K fighters. I'll give him credit though, he is entertaining.
Stylez G. is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
MiAmor
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Tyson Fury: MMA is bullsh*t

i doubt he would even face cain
MiAmor is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Hes funny as hell.
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
Azzer85
ATG
East Side VIP

Fury is the truth
<<<<<
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

If you're going to make brash statements...go all out!
irishny is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14587

Mens mma has been replaced by females,i don't mind because i rather watch the women fight more,unless it's a ko, because i stop watching once they start that ground sh**.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
hellsbells
nihil sub sole novum

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez G. View Post
MMA to me is bull****. It's for people who can't box and like wrestling on the floor.

There's no arguing with the truth.
hellsbells is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
Boxing>mma
Journeyman

He's right on the money
Boxing>mma is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
CrossedLine
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 425

Eh, Its just different. I'm a big fan of MMA as well, there is a lot more to it than just hugging. Its a big don't knock it till you try it in my mind. They can just as easily say boxing is a sport for losers who can't kick or wrestle/do jiu-jitsu; boxing is the combat sport most unlike real combat.
CrossedLine is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
Changfoo
Titanium
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossedLine View Post
Eh, Its just different. I'm a big fan of MMA as well, there is a lot more to it than just hugging. Its a big don't knock it till you try it in my mind. They can just as easily say boxing is a sport for losers who can't kick or wrestle/do jiu-jitsu; boxing is the combat sport most unlike real combat.

Boxing is the sweet science. MMA is for pink pantied skinhead fellas rolling around the ground like *******uals.
Changfoo is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossedLine View Post
The difference is there is no money in kickboxing, wrestling, BJJ

If any of those losers could box they would do it in a heartbeat. The fact is they are talentless unathletic nobodies.

UFC is a dying fad anyway
Forza is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I'm sure it takes skill to do this but in honesty I just don't find it as exciting as boxing especially when it's on the ground. I also wouldn't like having another man on top of me if I was a participant. But i do realize there's a market out there for their fans I'm just not one of them. Ill watch it the way casual fans watch boxing. When jones, silva, and gsp ill watch it. I wonder if that irks some mma fans the way it irks me when ppl only watch Floyd and pacquiao.
motownsiu is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

Furry by kneebar.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #14
CrossedLine
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownsiu View Post
I'm sure it takes skill to do this but in honesty I just don't find it as exciting as boxing especially when it's on the ground. I also wouldn't like having another man on top of me if I was a participant. But i do realize there's a market out there for their fans I'm just not one of them. Ill watch it the way casual fans watch boxing. When jones, silva, and gsp ill watch it. I wonder if that irks some mma fans the way it irks me when ppl only watch Floyd and pacquiao.
The comments over yours was what I expected, obviously I'm going to get swamped on a boxing forum. Its sad but at this point I'm flattered over anything more than the dumbasses displayed above. With the man on top *******ual thing, they aren't worried about their ***uality. I've wrestled in highschool and collegiately and obviously you aren't going to enjoy a guy on top of you, just like people don't enjoy being punched in the face.

with the casual fan: No I don't believe it does, at least not for most fans. Jones Silva and GSP are all artists in their own way. GSP is like the Wlad of MMA: he's not doing it for the fans and he has an incredible ground game. Thats like having an awesome jab and grab combination, but he's still dominating.

I'd be VERY interested to see boxing vs MMA more than that sham, Toney vs Couture...that was a dark day for both sports. I think it'd be incredibly different, heavyweight and then around the welter/middleweight bouts. The easy answer is boxer wins boxing, martial artist wins MMA, but you never know.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #15
CrossedLine
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
The difference is there is no money in kickboxing, wrestling, BJJ

If any of those losers could box they would do it in a heartbeat. The fact is they are talentless unathletic nobodies.

UFC is a dying fad anyway
Why do you think that? is it all about the money? Many of them have martial arts imbedded into their culture, and relish the chance to represent themselves and their country to the world. Unathletic, I just can't agree with. I would put money and say, if it was somehow quantifiable, that the average mixed martial artist was more athletic than the average boxer. Yes, Martial artists gas out, but having boxed and wrestled they are both exhausting, and martial arts rounds are 5 minutes long. When on the ground or clinched it often looks like its not tiring but the constant push and pull is tiring.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum