boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #16
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001
Default Re: Vitali vs Wlad. Who is/was better ? My break down on 11 categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
Hand and foot speed: Wlad has extremely fast hands for a larger fighter. Vitali has deceptive hand speed. I think Vitlai’s foot speed is better than Wlad’s though. I call this one a draw.
wow. great job mendoza. very interesting read. ur ****ysis is better than those idiots at The Ring.

The wild card for me is the hand and foot speed. i think wlad has a huge edge here. his hands are much quicker. tommy brooks said his hands were faster than tysons (when he trained him). maybe even more importantly, the foot movement. wlad has come a long way with steward. watch his last fight with brewster. the ring generalship was flawless. there was a sequence in the 5th round where he turned brewster around like a clock 2 times and stuck him with 7 or 8 crisp jabs. it was perfect. i think vitali does best with an opponent who comes right after him like a danny williams or sanders. wlad will be constantly moving in-and-out of the punch zone. tough fight to call. wlad would need to fight very disciplined. wlad wins by razor thin decision.
KobeIsGod is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #17
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeIsGod
wow. great job mendoza. very interesting read. ur ****ysis is better than those idiots at The Ring.

The wild card for me is the hand and foot speed. i think wlad has a huge edge here. his hands are much quicker. tommy brooks said his hands were faster than tysons (when he trained him). maybe even more importantly, the foot movement. wlad has come a long way with steward. watch his last fight with brewster. the ring generalship was flawless. there was a sequence in the 5th round where he turned brewster around like a clock 2 times and stuck him with 7 or 8 crisp jabs. it was perfect. i think vitali does best with an opponent who comes right after him like a danny williams or sanders. wlad will be constantly moving in-and-out of the punch zone. tough fight to call. wlad would need to fight very disciplined. wlad wins by razor thin decision.

I was not attempting to pick a winner between the two. If they did fight for real when both were active, ( I predict they might spar for charity one day ) I think Vitlai would eventually break though Wlad's defenses, and score a mid round TKO.

Regarding speed, I think Wlad has faster hands, but Vitlai has faster feet. Vitlai can really move around the ring when he wanted to. I agree that Wlad has greatly improved his footwork though and have no bones about anyone seeing Wlad as the faster overall of the two.

Ring Magazine has some quality boxing people and some hacks. The Ring might call these two virtual twins in the ring but they are not. The Klitschko’s might look alike, but they do not fight alike. Vitlai is more un-orthodox and aggressive. Wlad used to be super aggressive, but has changed his style to be more technical and tempo oriented.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 03:08 AM   #18
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 137

An excellent ****ysis overall Mendoza.

In a way, it's always going to be one of boxing's great tragedies that these two fighters will never fight.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 04:50 AM   #19
RoccoMarciano
Blockbuster
ESB Senior Member

If either belongs on a classic Boxing forum... I'll say Wlad wins.
RoccoMarciano is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #20
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury
An excellent ****ysis overall Mendoza.

In a way, it's always going to be one of boxing's great tragedies that these two fighters will never fight.
I'm not sure if brothers should fight. These two are not only brothers, they are also best of friends. I suspect if the two got it on for real, it would be a stinker of a fight.

I do like this type break down head to head type of format. I'll do another with two other fighters next.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #21
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

I think Vitali had the edge in many area's power would not be one of them. problem is the best years of Vitali were coming and are now lost,Vlad is on a roll, he has improved under Manny and his offence and power stand out. I think Vlad has more to prove,lets see if he can do it
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #22
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Power: Wladimir and easily
Size : vitali
Skills on Offense: Wladimir easily, but novadays we barely see that...
Skills on Defense: Vitali by large marginal..
Hand and foot speed: Wladimir in hand speed easily..footwork is much closer, i even says vitaly by his " leg " prime ( ~1999..)
Quality of competition fought: Wladimir easily
Chin: Vitaly easily
Stamina: Little edge to Vitali
Heart: i dont know
Ring Generalship: offence = wlad, Defence = vitali
Intimidation / Killer instinct: Earlier wladimir and later maybe vitali.
Sakura is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum