Old 10-16-2011, 01:49 AM   #61
Jaaames
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 983
Default Re: Jorge Linares is the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
I feel bad for this guy. He had the tools but lost his power. You can see he doesn't throw the overhand right like he used to. He hit Demarco with some heavy blows but never dented him. Basically won every round but never even hurt his opponent.

still a good fighter, but without any power he won't make it to the elite.

I guess now's the time to eat my words on this guy. Just feel that if he hadn't injured his shoulder a few years back, the story would be written differently. He never looked as sharp in any of his subsequent fights.
Valero was beating on this guy for about 9 rounds before that fight ended... He took some good shots from Kid Diamond in their fight... In both fights, he showed a great chin and a big heart... Linares doesnt punch as hard as both..
Jaaames is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #62
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
This had a Tony/Cotto I type feel to it, Demarco was just heavier handed and had more heart and balls. He took Linares shit for the first half of the fight, but the pressure was just too much for him late. Credit to Demarco...
Interesting. I thought this stoppage came out of nowhere. Cotto was actually being hurt during the Margarito fight, and was still getting tagged in the rounds he was clearly winning. This was a different story altogether. Linares looked in cruise control, and was still dominating the fight even with blood covering his face. The stoppage came as a complete shock to me. There wasn't really a change of momentum. One minute Linares was winning, the next he was getting tagged, and before the round was over, the fight was over. Brilliant stuff.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #63
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
This had a Tony/Cotto I type feel to it, Demarco was just heavier handed and had more heart and balls. He took Linares shit for the first half of the fight, but the pressure was just too much for him late. Credit to Demarco...
I didn't quite experience the two fights similarly. I thought Linares was in control, for the most part, and abruptly lost control. Where as, Margs slowly began to seize the fight which culminated in what gradually looked like an inevitable conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
This. DeMarco's character was the deciding factor.
Indeed. Lamply likes to say "it's a contest between one man's skill versus one man's will", something like that. Demarco's 'will' was not to be denied tonight.
Beenie is online now  Top
Old 10-16-2011, 02:22 AM   #64
GTWOSIX
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Great Fight, and Linares is theman for going toe to toe on that last round, saved the night, sadly not the forum, people are still stuck on Hop
GTWOSIX is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum