Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #1
JM22
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Cotto little brother is one of the most underrated punchers at this moment...

Only one that came close at touching and hurting slick and Mexican Canelo Alvarez, when bigger guns like Cintron, Carlos baldomir, Mosley and Trout couldn't do it and they didn't even come close on doing it, So I ask where do you guys rate this young hungry lion punching power among the best right now?
JM22 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 02:00 AM   #2
KOTF
Bingooo
East Side Guru

vCash: 66874
Default Re: Cotto little brother is one of the most underrated punchers at this moment...

I thought he was the bigger brother
KOTF is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 02:02 AM   #3
Jquik
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Cotto little brother is one of the most underrated punchers at this moment...

He's actually Miguels big brother and the last time I seem him fight he got taken to to school by Paulie Malignaggi so no,I don't rate him very highly.
Jquik is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

P4P power-wise, Jose Miguel Cotto is right there with Donaire, Rigondeaux, Golovkin, Haye, Klitschko, Uchiyama, and the like. He possesses the type of power that just disconnects opponents from each and every one of their senses.

He's always been the more talented of the two Cotto brothers, but he lacked the promotional push that Top Rank gave to Miguel. Had he been given the chance to develop properly, I think we would've been debating Jose Miguel against Duran, Williams, Ortiz, Whitaker, Napoles, Armstrong, and the rest of the lightweight H2H greats.

It's incredible Canelo was able to beat him at such a young age. Like Douglas-Tyson, Ali-Foreman, Duran-Leonard 1, Leonard-Hearns, etc., it's quite simply a moment in his career that may never be topped.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 AM   #5
JM22
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTF View Post
I thought he was the bigger brother
Hmmm last time I checked he was smaller in size next to Cotto, I might have to rechecked that photo.
JM22 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #6
JM22
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
P4P power-wise, Jose Miguel Cotto is right there with Donaire, Rigondeaux, Golovkin, Haye, Klitschko, Uchiyama, and the like. He possesses the type of power that just disconnects opponents from each and every one of their senses.

He's always been the more talented of the two Cotto brothers, but he lacked the promotional push that Top Rank gave to Miguel. Had he been given the chance to develop properly, I think we would've been debating Jose Miguel against Duran, Williams, Ortiz, Whitaker, Napoles, Armstrong, and the rest of the lightweight H2H greats.

It's incredible Canelo was able to beat him at such a young age. Like Douglas-Tyson, Ali-Foreman, Duran-Leonard 1, Leonard-Hearns, etc., it's quite simply a moment in his career that may never be topped.
Atg post here from a atg poster, thanks.
JM22 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 02:14 AM   #7
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM22 View Post
Atg post here from a atg poster, thanks.

My heart rate is increasing by the second thinking about a prime Jose Miguel taking on a prime version of the guy in your avatar. Oh my goodness, what a fight that would be!
JMP is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 02:20 AM   #8
JM22
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

My heart rate is increasing by the second thinking about a prime Jose Miguel taking on a prime version of the guy in your avatar. Oh my goodness, what a fight that would be!
Corrales Castillo all over again.
JM22 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 02:21 AM   #9
King87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1312

Quote:

If anyone could have cracked that jaw, it was Jose.
King87 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 02:28 AM   #10
JM22
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by King87 View Post
If anyone could have cracked that jaw, it was Jose.
How in hell did I forget Jose "one punch jaw breaker" Lopez???
JM22 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 02:30 AM   #11
stillth3sameg
Woolly Rhino
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 5707

didnt his little brother get KTFO recently by omar figueroa?

Last edited by stillth3sameg; 04-30-2013 at 02:31 AM. Reason: edit: nvm thats his cousin
stillth3sameg is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #12
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillth3sameg View Post
Yeah.****in Abner cost me a lovely little accumulator last week with his disgraceful collapse.
Only needed him to go over!
And not over like the way he did!
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #13
4Tey
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Jose is older and he sucked
4Tey is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #14
Antwuan Maxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillth3sameg View Post
Abner is a second cousin of Miguel and Jose. Dude always had the look of an ordinary fighter every since he turned professional. Jose on the other hand, had ability, but lacked discipline.
Antwuan Maxx is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #15
Chiko_Tech
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Jose Cotto lack of discipline and heart cost him his boxing career, His laziness to make weight, fighting with his trainers, not training and refusing to fight. put the promoters in the obligation of not giving him dates, He was a a very powerful super featherweight and a solid lightweight, but 135 plus was not his weight, and hurting Canelo at 150lbs was a thing of beauty, to bad He was to small and Canelo bully him up.
Chiko_Tech is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum