Yes, I think he beats some heavyweights outside the top 100 34 20.61%
I think Floyd can beat a Top 50 Heavyweight 53 32.12%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Read Carefully: Could Floyd Theoretically Beat A Bad Pro Heavyweight?

Read this carefully before you chime in hurr with your 2 word answer bullshit.

What I'm saying is, theoretically could Floyd use his skills, speed, timing & wealth of other boxing talents to outclass & convincingly beat a professional heavyweight boxer. I'm not talking about Floyd growing taller or shrinking or any unrealistic shit. I'm not talking about him fighting Wlad.

Could Floyd beat a sub top 100 pro heavyweight like a Cliff Couser/Billy Zumbrun/Vinny Maddalone type dude?

Take it one step further, take a good hard look at a current HW top 50 list & tell me if there's any one he has a shot at legitimately beating. ( for instance, I think he could convincingly beat a dude like Sam ***ton)
OttkeRuiz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Read Carefully: Could Floyd Theoretically Beat A Bad Pro Heavyweight?

sure if he can avoid taking a clean shot or 12 rounds, otherwise hes going to have brain damage. You realize Floyd is 147 pounds which is tiny. Even for most regular guys he's small.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Read Carefully: Could Floyd Theoretically Beat A Bad Pro Heavyweight?

how tall is sam ***ton is under 230 ? hmm i dont think he could. if he fought a regual man that was over 200 in street fight he might could win that. but i just dont think a hw would respect floyds power. even if they were running into shots they could not see coming. i dont know how big you are but thats like you trying to fight nonito donare can you beat him lol ????
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 322

those fat shubbys are so unconditioned, yeah he beats top 60 heavyweights.
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
OttkeRuiz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi View Post
how tall is sam ***ton is under 230 ? hmm i dont think he could. if he fought a regual man that was over 200 in street fight he might could win that. but i just dont think a hw would respect floyds power. even if they were running into shots they could not see coming. i dont know how big you are but thats like you trying to fight nonito donare can you beat him lol ????
Sugar Nikolai Valuev had around 100 pound, 8-12" advantage over Haye, Chagaev & Holyfield & got his ass whupped by all of them. Valuev was a top 10 heavyweight at one point & none of the above guys were P4P #1 or #2 like Floyd. Relative to Floyd, I could see someone like ***ton being just as slow, awkward & uncoordinated as Valuev. Make sense?
OttkeRuiz is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
17brandiff
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 850

Skills pay the bills not size and weight!
17brandiff is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

I think he could beat some guys outside of the top 100... Floyd would have to fight a perfect fight because if he made one mistake he would be knocked out. Boxing has weight divisions for a reason.
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict

vCash: 1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi View Post
They don't need to respect his power. Floyd is a master at controlling distance and would see their slow ass punches coming from a mile away. Dudes his size with decent handspeed can barely touch him. What makes you think one of these slow, out of shape bums in the lower end of the top 50 HW's would be able to?
Cormega is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17brandiff View Post
Skills pay the bills not size and weight!
That's true to an extent.. Maybe 10-15 pounds. not 100 pounds! Think about it..
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
praetorianJJ
Conqueror of Worlds
ESB Addict

vCash: 647

Bad Pro Heavyweight? Does such a thing exist?
praetorianJJ is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

This guy knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini View Post
The strongest human being I have ever seen is Hassim Rachman: he trains like a powerlifter. Even past his best, he is enormously strong, stronger than anyone else I've seen in person. It doesn't always make a difference: he's already strong enough, he should have been training technical things at a certain point.

He was squatting with extremely high weight, benching and repping near 500, even doing pullups for near 20 reps, maybe more, something rare for a guy that big, but all that doesn't matter at the elite level.

There is a journeyman in Vegas who fights at light heavyweight, Carl ****erham. He does all the explosive lifting and he is very fast to boot. An extremely genetically strong individual with a powerful physique, he is also pound for pound one of the strongest guys I've ever seen in terms of strength to weight ratio. He walks around near 200, 5'11''. Floyd humiliates him in sparring because strength simply doesn't matter with Floyd's style - he's strong enough.

journeymen at light heavy who are enormously strong can't touch him - he pulls out flawless victories over them because the differential in strength is negated by everything else.

This might have been when Carl was making 167, he normally looks bulkier than this:

Floyd is simply not even half as strong as him, but it doesn't matter.

Don't let his record fool you, physically he's a beast who toys with non medal Olympians in sparring. He can't do anything to Floyd.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #12
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1356

RJJ beat a top 5 HW by a fairly wide margin in most ppls eyes.
Floyd could effectively get himself bulked up to 175, adding a little more power while not slowing himself too much, and beat, likely on points, most outside the top 100.
He would though HAVE to earn their respect with his power or he'd be smothered and clubbed eventually.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
pistal47
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I bet he could UD some guys in the top 100.....
pistal47 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #14
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormega View Post
They don't need to respect his power. Floyd is a master at controlling distance and would see their slow ass punches coming from a mile away. Dudes his size with decent handspeed can barely touch him. What makes you think one of these slow, out of shape bums in the lower end of the top 50 HW's would be able to?
can he block there punches when they get him on the ropes. or what about the clinch what can box them the whole 12 rds without a tie up even.man i just think they would just try to bomb on floyd. they punches would be slow but if throw in numbers himm i dont know. floyd got some matrix moves but some shots he gone have to roll with and parry and block. those are the shots im concerned about the most.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
pistal47
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Beating a 12-18 LHW Carl ****erham in sparring has no bearing whatsoever on how Floyd would do with Heavy's.
pistal47 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum