Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who wins and how?
Wlad by UD 5 15.15%
Bowe by UD 1 3.03%
Wlad stops Bowe 7 21.21%
Bowe stops Wlad 20 60.61%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #31
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,809
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Wlad wins, just like Lennox would have had they fought. Bowe got beat on the outside by Holyfield in their second fight, and it's no coincidence that it was Steward in his corner during that fight. Wlad is too fast and too accurate, he would negate Bowe's sloppy outside game (and it WAS sloppy) and use his superior footwork to avoid long any long term exchanges on the inside. Wlad UD or late stoppage.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #32
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,234
vCash: 427
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

It would be competitive on the outside, but Bowe was too strong and relentless.
Bowe could eat Wlad's shots to do damage on the inside. Bowe is physically stronger and
would batter Wlad on the inside with hooks and uppercuts. Bowe KO/TKO 7. Bowe can dig deep and is not getting stopped, unless its a triple nut shot combo.
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #33
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 12,120
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
It would be competitive on the outside, but Bowe was too strong and relentless.
Bowe could eat Wlad's shots to do damage on the inside. Bowe is physically stronger and
would batter Wlad on the inside with hooks and uppercuts. Bowe KO/TKO 7. Bowe can dig deep and is not getting stopped, unless its a triple nut shot combo.
Bowe was not even close to being as strong as Wlad. That's just ridiculous.
Seamus is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #34
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,809
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Bowe was not even close to being as strong as Wlad. That's just ridiculous.
Seriously.

Some of the shit I read here
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #35
salty trunks
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
People just don't realize how good Wladimir Klitschkos jab is, and just how hard he is. Bowe can't handle Wlad's jab, and he can't handle Wlads power. Bowe hated fighting tall fighters.
You need more than a jab to stop Bowe as Golota found out. Bowe in his prime had a very good chin and once he got inside he would start beating up Wlad. Once Wlad falls apart his jab becomes useless.
salty trunks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #36
Mordechai
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,954
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

wladimir is way faster, smarter, higher ring iq, better defense, higher ability. wtf you guys talking about. bowe is the most overrated overachiever who had a lot of luck, that he didn't face big george, tyson, tua and lewis.

you have to understand one thing. wladimir is only getting beaten by someone with an very very high ring iq who can follow a gameplan to 120% and has a great chin, big power and he must be at least as fast as wladimir. so imo there are only very few guys who could beat the prime wlad we see today (except a lucky punch happens):
lewis, tyson, holmes and ali. thats all
Mordechai is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #37
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 12,120
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty trunks View Post
You need more than a jab to stop Bowe as Golota found out. Bowe in his prime had a very good chin and once he got inside he would start beating up Wlad. Once Wlad falls apart his jab becomes useless.
No one has ever been able to operate on the inside againt Waldo post 06 or so. Hes retard strong and cliinches like a vice.
Seamus is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #38
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,234
vCash: 427
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
No one has ever been able to operate on the inside againt Waldo post 06 or so. Hes retard strong and cliinches like a vice.
Noone on Wlad's resume at this time is close to the force that Bowe was.
Wlad would get manhandled on the inside. If Bowe gets outclassed technically he will slug it out Wlad CANNOT deal with pressure. Bowe was crafty, deceptively
quick and strong on the inside. Just because Wlad has a better physique does
not make him physically stronger, perhaps greater one punch power but that
is Wlad even faced anyone with a good jab? How do we know he can negate a good jab from a superheavy? Bowe could be outjabbed that's why I think there
would be spurts when Bowe had the outside edge then Wlad. When Wlad gets hit and hurt hell clinch and get rocked by an uppercut. Wlad is a beast but when has he really been challenged? against a slob in Sam Peter, Brewster ****ed him up once, Sanders destroyed him. People have remarked on the punching power of Brewster and ESB quoted Holy as saying Bowe hit him harder than Tyson or Lewis. Yes Bowe might get picked apart, in which case an ugly brawl would ensue and Wlad would not survive the ruthlessness of Bowe, homeboy could
fight while out on his feet for several rounds. Thats scary
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #39
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 12,120
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
Noone on Wlad's resume at this time is close to the force that Bowe was.
Wlad would get manhandled on the inside. If Bowe gets outclassed technically he will slug it out Wlad CANNOT deal with pressure. Bowe was crafty, deceptively
quick and strong on the inside. Just because Wlad has a better physique does
not make him physically stronger, perhaps greater one punch power but that
is Wlad even faced anyone with a good jab? How do we know he can negate a good jab from a superheavy? Bowe could be outjabbed that's why I think there
would be spurts when Bowe had the outside edge then Wlad. When Wlad gets hit and hurt hell clinch and get rocked by an uppercut. Wlad is a beast but when has he really been challenged? against a slob in Sam Peter, Brewster ****ed him up once, Sanders destroyed him. People have remarked on the punching power of Brewster and ESB quoted Holy as saying Bowe hit him harder than Tyson or Lewis. Yes Bowe might get picked apart, in which case an ugly brawl would ensue and Wlad would not survive the ruthlessness of Bowe, homeboy could
fight while out on his feet for several rounds. Thats scary
I've heard more opponents also say that Bowe didn't punch that hard at all. And I've heard, directly from sparring partners and opponents (not named Magna), that Wlad is ape strong and damn near impossible to get release from in a clinch.

Bowe had problems with guys like Pierre Coetzer and a depleted Tony Tubbs. His defenses were abysmal and he got schooled by Golota twice, not by a disparity of skill but of talent. Bowe just wasn't that special. He had heart and liked to brawl inside when he should have been dictating from the outside, that's about it.

I don't even see this as being an especially hard fight for Wlad. Bowe's game is just too full of holes and he proved to be too fragile. Thus his very short stay at the elite level.
Seamus is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #40
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Vlad. would win this one. The Golota fight showed Bowe could not take the punishment of a big heavyweight, regardless of the fact that he was indeed a big heavyweight also.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:13 AM   #41
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Vlad. would win this one. The Golota fight showed Bowe could not take the punishment of a big heavyweight, regardless of the fact that he was indeed a big heavyweight also.
Huh? If that fight showed anything about Bowe it was the he COULD take punishment, sustained punishment at that, from a big heavyweight. Something Wlad is surely lacking in evidence, even Wach had Wlad holding on for dear life after landing a right. If Wlad can dictate distance and control the pace he'll win probably by UD I don't think he'll risk trying to take out Bowe and get caught. If Bowe takes the fight to Wlad, gets in close, roughs him up and takes him out of his comfort zone he'll win probably by KO. Bowe I believe to be overrated but there some things he deserves credit for and that's his in-fighting, stamina when in shape and heart. He'll make Wlad freak out if he got in close and started ripping hook after hook, Wlad has never had to deal with someone like that and I don't think would have an answer for it.

As for Wlad's clinching I think if he tried it against Bowe he'd get uppercutted into bolivian.
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #42
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,585
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Replace the name Bowe with Lennox Lewis and I completely agree with all the pro-Bowe sentiments in this thread. They are not remotely comparable, however.
Shake is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:28 AM   #43
sauhund II
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 532
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

First of all , I like both brothers and they are something else, they would be a very, very tough challenge in any era, but,

If the limited, strong as a ox but nevertheless extremely limited caveman "Who nex" can push WK to the limit then a peak, motivated ,Eddie Futch trained Bowe would rack it up not notches but floors..........

I am a firm believer that WK's chin is actually sturdy, not granite but good enough but once hit hard and pushed out of his safety zone where his clinching cannot safehim he WILL fall apart again, no, not quit , the man has heart but upstairs he will fail.

On the contrary, a prime Golata could not keep a shot to pieces Bowe on the mat, period, and had to go low again and again to save his ass.............Bowe will take ANYONE into very deep waters and you literally have to kill the guy to keep him down, Bowe will turn this into a slugfest and WK will not survive a OK corral type of shoot out with Big Daddy.

Now, VK, probably can outpoint Bowe unless Riddick draws him into another Lewis scenerio, then he would be f'ed.

BTW, Bowe would absolutely murder Haye.
sauhund II is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #44
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,555
vCash: 86
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Bowe was not even close to being as strong as Wlad. That's just ridiculous.
We all know around here you love the muscular man but there is no evidence to support that... Bowe was past it against Golota and severely weight drained in the rematch....Prime Bowe was not sloppy at all , was technically very underrated and had a punch out-put and stamina Wlad can only dream of.....Sluggers are his worst nightmare and a huge powerful boxer who can slug it out is going to dominate Wlad.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #45
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 330
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs Riddick Bowe, 12 rounds.

Bowe within 6 rounds.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013