Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 04-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #1
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Lucas Browne - Some Facts.

Some you seem to post a load of bollocks about Lucas with opinions stated as fact and rumour held up as gospel.

Some facts:-

The reason the Haumono fight didn't happen is cos the offer was less than the Col Wilson fight.

The reason he wasn't on Hatton's comeback is because he was headlining the Hong Kong show.

"Browne fought for virtually nothing in his last fight" - incorrect - it was in fact just under double what he was offered for Haumono.

It might be an idea for some of you to find another agenda with regards to posting opinions on various boxers.

Cheers,
JohnH is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #2
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300
Default Re: Luacs Browne - Some Facts.

um ok ye...
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #3
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You need a source
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
Some you seem to post a load of bollocks about Lucas with opinions stated as fact and rumour held up as gospel.

Some facts:-

The reason the Haumono fight didn't happen is cos the offer was less than the Col Wilson fight.

The reason he wasn't on Hatton's comeback is because he was headlining the Hong Kong show.

"Browne fought for virtually nothing in his last fight" - incorrect - it was in fact just under double what he was offered for Haumono.

It might be an idea for some of you to find another agenda with regards to posting opinions on various boxers.

Cheers,
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #4
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: Lucas Browne - Some Facts.

Quote:

Though I find it very hard to believe, I heard Lucas Browne was offered only $2,000 to fight Haumono.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
You need a source
I have a source, a very reliable one.

I realise that means sod all, however what I've posted is reliable.
JohnH is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #6
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
Headlined the HK show did he ? In your dreams maybe - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He fought another journeyman in a 10 round contest ... Read my post - I stated if Ricky wanted to showcase him he would have been on his comeback promotion..

Stop trying to dress mutton up as lamb .. when Lucas steps up and fights someone in an even contest then maybe I will respect him for his ability ..

His handlers are rank amateurs who wouldnt know a left hook from a fish hook and are doing the sport & Browne no favors handling his career the way they have.

He got paid double what he earnt to fight Wilson did he ? Sponsors must have chipped in big time I'd imagine .. Shame they couldnt have done that for a fight with Haumono ..
Healdlined the HK show till Towers pulled out.

Handlers are rank amateurs? Really, you don't think signing with Hatton was a good move then?

Perhaps you could explain...
JohnH is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #7
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
So chuck him on a show in HK instead of putting him on the Hatton card for the world to see? And his managers think this is cool? And he then winds up playing 2nd fiddle to Rex Tao (excuse my ignorance in saying I've never heard of him)

Handlers are rank amateurs yes .. the person who manages the local bingo center could have done a better job matching him than they have - he learns nothing by feeding him a steady line of journeyman ...

And re signing him with Hatton - has been a disaster .. Hatton looses his own comeback - looses his TV deal and doesnt have the cream of local talent (UK) let alone International talent. So far they have paid peanuts to get ordinary opponents in front of him .. be a realist - records of 12-16 / 21-12-4 and one absolute shocker where the opponent had won just 22 fights in his 94 outings? Put what ever wrapper on it you want - the facts are the facts. Rasani hadnt won a fight 25 outings and had been knocked out by 25 people prior to Lucas .. In his 62nd fight as he was KO'd in the first round by an opponent with a record of just 1-1 ... so what did Lucas stand to gain from that fight ? Yet Ive heard his management say but he gets paid well?

Enough explaining for you John ?

Let me tell you this - Matchmaking is an art .. you need to study your boxers style understanding his strengths & weaknesses and bring him along so he learns something from each fight while earning his reputation. His trainer then gets to polish his skills. A strong right hand isn't going to get him across the line with a genuine top 15 rated fighter. If Lucas gets to 17-0 and gets knocked out I would go as far as saying the mismanagement has cost him his career.
I can't even be ****ing bothered with this. If that signifies a 'win' to you then that's cool. But you have the rationality of Buster and TC's incapability of admitting your wrong, leading in with misinformation. What a combo
Old 04-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
I can't even be ****ing bothered with this. If that signifies a 'win' to you then that's cool.

But you have the rationality of Buster and TC's incapability of admitting your wrong, leading in with misinformation. What a combo
Indeed. Sad really..
JohnH is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
melbboy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

John H & Swingin should get a room and play with each other as they both love Browne and Leapai's **** respect for the fighters but these 2 can be banned.

Speaking of the devil where is Swingin

Just on a note got my tickets ready for Browne & Haumono fight a 10min drive over the Queens Bridge with a nice icey cold VICs
melbboy is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #10
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbboy View Post
John H & Swingin should get a room and play with each other as they both love Browne and Leapai's **** respect for the fighters but these 2 can be banned.
A lot of shite gets posted about what Browne and his "handlers" have have done or should have done, I'm just righting those wrongs or at least trying too.

Why should that result in a ban?

With regards to Browne's people not knowing what they are doing.

They have managed to get a guy with 0 amateur fights within touching distance of Comm title and world ranking and signed with a big promoter.

Pretty good, no?
JohnH is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #11
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
A lot of shite gets posted about what Browne and his "handlers" have have done or should have done, I'm just righting those wrongs or at least trying too.

Why should that result in a ban?

With regards to Browne's people not knowing what they are doing.

They have managed to get a guy with 0 amateur fights within touching distance of Comm title and world ranking and signed with a big promoter.

Pretty good, no?
i'm yet to see proof of that.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

JohnH you would not have a clue about boxing and your stupid statements show you up as a dumb rank amateur.
I would guess one of his handlers has sent you a PM to post this crap cause they are too afraid to do it themselves.
Do us all a favour and piss off.
old man is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #13
DT86

Quote:
Jeff Fenech fought for a world title in his 7th pro fight (after securing the Australian title & successfully defending it) - Mundine fought Sven Ottke in this 11th pro fight from memory .. so whats you point. The Commonwealth Title is a regional title & Lucas is 15-0 .. about time I would have thought. Signed with a big promoter who doesnt have a regular broadcast contract & has done absolutely nothing for him so far. The last time I checked Boxrec had him rated at around 66 in the world - and only boxed 48 rounds in total because of the bevy of journeymen he has faced ...
Jeff fenech created a world record when he won that title. He also had an impressive amateur career. Mundine also had some amateur experience and a father who was pretty handy himself. Yea sure browne was fed some bums but what else would you do for someone who had no boxing experience to begin with. If they gave him a good opponent in his first few fights and he gets KO'd then you would be calling his handlers amateur.

They have tried to give him some quality opponents of late - richard towers is 14-0 but he pulled out. Takehara drew with leapai and cronje. the problem with having someone with his knockout power is that it can be hard to get matchups but you also dont want to feed him to the lions too quick because of his lack of experience. Give the guy a break he's just another aussie trying to make it in the boxing world and from what ive heard he is a pretty good bloke.
DT86 is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #14
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT86 View Post
Jeff fenech created a world record when he won that title. He also had an impressive amateur career. Mundine also had some amateur experience and a father who was pretty handy himself. Yea sure browne was fed some bums but what else would you do for someone who had no boxing experience to begin with. If they gave him a good opponent in his first few fights and he gets KO'd then you would be calling his handlers amateur.

They have tried to give him some quality opponents of late - richard towers is 14-0 but he pulled out. Takehara drew with leapai and cronje. the problem with having someone with his knockout power is that it can be hard to get matchups but you also dont want to feed him to the lions too quick because of his lack of experience. Give the guy a break he's just another aussie trying to make it in the boxing world and from what ive heard he is a pretty good bloke.

hear hear, there seems to be a lot of animosity from a select few towards lucas, and i can see no apparent reason for it, tall poppy syndrome?
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #15
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
JohnH you would not have a clue about boxing and your stupid statements show you up as a dumb rank amateur.
I would guess one of his handlers has sent you a PM to post this crap cause they are too afraid to do it themselves.
Do us all a favour and piss off.
Nah Ippy has gone the way of other ESB contributers from the boxing industry and cut ties here. Got sick of the shit.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum