Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 05-19-2013, 04:36 AM   #91
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300
Default Re: Geale-Barker apparently close to been done.

shaw puts some good shows on at turning stone also..!
mrdoctor is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #92
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900ss View Post
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #93
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

900ss and TC
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #94
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0

Good fight & its a 50/50 pick em for mine...........people forget easily how much trouble Barker gave Martinez before he got stopped.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #95
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Sox trolling again, its simple economics, logical choice is the UK, i dont even know how they are going to headline a card in USA and bring in much profit when they are both unknown outside their own countrys. Oh thats right, its HBO after dark, which has a very limited budget. Meaning both guys wont be getting paid very much money, this fight is more about getting exposure in the US market than it is about making coin, which i dont dissagree with but i also dont think fans in USA will like Geales style, its also to set Geale up for a shot at Martinez which is smart.

Quote:
Boxing After Dark is an HBO boxing program, premiering in April 1996, that usually shows fights between well-known contenders, but usually not "championship" or "title" fights. Boxing After Dark features fighters who are usually moving up from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'s [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or another basic cable boxing program.
This is a huge gamble for Team Geale.

The PPV logistics will be a mind fck lol, Sox will need a box of tissues when Barker spanks Geale, Barker is no Mundine hahaha

Last edited by TCboxa; 05-19-2013 at 09:02 PM.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #96
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

greetings, Aussies.

well this should prove interesting with it being Brits vs Aussies. the lead up will be as good as the fight.
neutral ground is the fairest thing to do in this instance. the only problem i have with it is, Geale is a Shaw fighter so will have his choice of ref and judges. i just hope no corruption goes on and we get the rightful winner. who i think will be Barker.

both have skills. Barker at long range with the better punching power and Geale with his short range shots with a high work rate and a tight defence.

experience is about equal. Geale with two trips to Germany, and Barker fighting the middleweight champ in Martinez. where he did a good job before being stopped.

both have shown good punch resistance. Barker has been stopped, but that was due to him being in there with the champ who's a much bigger puncher than Geale has ever fought.

Barker since the Martinez fight seems to have opened up a lot more and is using the full range of his ability. he's letting his hands go a lot more and is showing some good power. his confidence is at it's best. he's a completely different fighter now. that is why i think he's going to beat Geale. keep him at range, then make Geale pay with the counter when he opens up. trust me, Geale (as well as the Geale fans) will be surprised at the new Barker.

i don't think it's going to be easy, but i think Barker will win weather it goes to points, or it's a stoppage.

Barker will bust Geale up from long range, making it difficult for Geale to get a foot hold in the fight the way he likes. this will frustrate him and make him push a little bit harder than he'd want to. thus, making him open up a little bit more so Barker can get the cleaner shots off. eventually though, Geale won't be able to take the shots that Barker is dishing out and will be stopped between the 9th and 12th round.

Barker knows that this is a golden opportunity for his career. lose, and he may not get another shot. win, and it's onwards and upwards. Barker will not be denied.

it's going to be great.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #97
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #98
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

yeah i dont know sht because the only boxer i follow is Geale.. oh hang on thats sox lol .. Welcome back Brua Troll!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #99
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

I hope he beats Geale so sox has egg all over his face lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #100
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
I hope he beats Geale so sox has egg all over his face lol

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #101
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Wait a minute, is that a complete 180 degree turn in a single thread by the thread starter himself?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #102
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

It proves that ill stick to the facts, fact is they tried some dirty tricks in making a contract with Mundine which included options on Mundines future fights should he beat Trout, and then Mundine does a backflip and dont even show up to the purse bid which would have negated all the tricks Trouts manager was trying to play via the contract, not that it has anything to do with Geale now ladies.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #103
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Calm down mellon head. Flip Flopping is what your used to, after all Grange come on here and said hell would have to freeze over for Geale to fight Mundine then they go and sign to fight him hahaha
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #104
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
By the one and only flip flop sausage armed midge.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #105
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Sox trolling again, its simple economics, logical choice is the UK, i dont even know how they are going to headline a card in USA and bring in much profit when they are both unknown outside their own countrys. Oh thats right, its HBO after dark, which has a very limited budget. Meaning both guys wont be getting paid very much money, this fight is more about getting exposure in the US market than it is about making coin, which i dont dissagree with but i also dont think fans in USA will like Geales style, its also to set Geale up for a shot at Martinez which is smart.

This is a huge gamble for Team Geale.

The PPV logistics will be a mind fck lol, Sox will need a box of tissues when Barker spanks Geale, Barker is no Mundine hahaha
Good to see the support for an Aussie fighter stepping outside of Oz to defend his title

To gain recognition in the US you have to fight there. This is a great oppurtunity for Geale to showcase his skill. The purse will be more than you think, as will the exposure that will lead to bigger fights.

How many other Aussie fighters do you know of that have a HBO fight coming up?
fighta29 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum