Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #76
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
If I see a pair of Levi's jeans that I like, but think there over priced, would it be logical for me to steal them?
In the area I grew up in? yes.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #77
DeMarco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Does no one remember the first fight was scrappy as anything and pretty one sided to Kessler? When they played it again on Sky I noticed that it just wasn't all that, nowhere near as good as I remembered it anyway. Won't be paying.
DeMarco is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #78
DeMarco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Oh god. Is Rob really talking down to people who stream? Like he's never done it before..
DeMarco is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #79
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMarco View Post
Oh god. Is Rob really talking down to people who stream? Like he's never done it before..
When theirs been a legal option to watch the fight, I have watched it legally or at a friends/in a bar.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #80
BadJuju83
Bolivian
ESB Addict

Quote:
I have been quite vocal. If I lived in the UK I wouldn't buy the PPV but I would watch the fight by legal means because I am not cheap.

I advocate illegal streams for fights where the is no other option.
You've changed your tune. Usually when someone asks about Boxnation or primetime its..

"Faster Internet connection and HDMI cable".
BadJuju83 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #81
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Froch vs Kessler II is worth the price alone. In the US they have to pay $60-70 most months for PPV's.

If you begrudge paying 15 for a potential FOTY which also happens to be a 50/50 fight between two exciting fighters who's styles gel perfectly, you're either poor or you're not a boxing fan.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #82
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard mossley View Post
What. I would like to know is was Eddie talking complete bollocks when he said on numerous occasion that the entire Matchroom stable was ringing him up for a slot on this card?
Yes, at the time I thought it was true but now, I don't think anyone actually gives a ****..like Eddie as well
smegmaa is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #83
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Streaming only exists because broadcasters aren't willing to come to a middle ground agreement with the potential customers. If they sold premium digital TV at a fair and respectable price, I have no doubt in my mind more people would pay for thing rather than "illegally" stream. Because its like that and all them, at the moment it is a monopoly, I'm hoping BT can change that. I can fully understand why people stream virtually everything. People are more than happy about watching shit quality, as long as they get to see the thing they want to see. But I still stand by that if they come to a fair price and agreement, instead of the one sided and extortionate prices today, more people would pay up. As it stands, people will always find another way. Unfortunately, that is the way it is, until they want to talk.

Sometimes in the UK, the only way you can watch something is on a stream or foreign TV. As UK television doesn't show absolutely everything, no matter how much you pay. For instance 3pm kick-offs. Foreign channels acquire the rights, meaning UK viewers dont get to see any of it.

It isn't actually illegal to chose to watch foreign TV. It becomes illegal when you try to supply that for a price. Most streamers however, find a way of getting ads on the sites. That is the issue and eventually they will be the cause of their own downfall.

A famous case was closed in court not long ago between a land lady and sly. Pubs have to pay through the roof for Sly and she was using and paying for a subscription on a foreign box and a cheaper alternative. It was not illegal. They tried to sue her and she won the case.

I don't condone streams, or making money through them, but I do understand them and why they exist, and I also understand why people wouldn't want links being posted on populated places on the net. Such as this forum.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #84
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
Froch vs Kessler II is worth the price alone. In the US they have to pay $60-70 most months for PPV's.

If you begrudge paying 15 for a potential FOTY which also happens to be a 50/50 fight between two exciting fighters who's styles gel perfectly, you're either poor or you're not a boxing fan.
What a load of bollocks, 15 for one fight? what if they get cut in the first round and the fights stopped? With a decent undercard you will still get the moneys worth.

As for not being a boxing fan? Why because I don't want to pay for a shit overall PPV? Get real, I wonder if people like you are boxing fans for helping PPV back into the fold?

Eddie brings back PPV in a triple dip recession, caters for piss head football/casual fans instead of the hardcore element and can't be bothered with the undercard. That's some #newagepromoting shit going on right there.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #85
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

If they only catered for the hardcore element boxing would have died a death a long time ago Bill.

A truly stupid statement to make.
Solaris is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #86
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
If they only catered for the hardcore element boxing would have died a death a long time ago Bill.

Is there not a way to please both?

I'm a heating engineer by trade and if I started pissing off my regular customers by chasing new ones it would be bad business sense.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #87
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju83 View Post
You've changed your tune. Usually when someone asks about Boxnation or primetime its..

"Faster Internet connection and HDMI cable".
that's in response to people saying what would we do without BoxNation for international fights. I said I preferred it before when I would watch online.

I would subscribe to BoxNation but still watch the fights online allot of the time.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #88
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post

If they only catered for the casual boxing fans boxing would have died a death along time ago as well.

I don't think the PPV is value for money. I wouldn't order it. But I don't like the idea of people watching it illegally when there is a legal option.

If the card is shit, don't watch it, don't talk about it. Even by discussing the fight on here your promoting it. If your upset about the fight/card being PPV the only way to protest is by completely ignoring it.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #89
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Is there not a way to please both?

I'm a heating engineer by trade and if I started pissing off my regular customers by chasing new ones it would be bad business sense.
it would also be bad for business if you never tried to gain new customers.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #90
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
it would also be bad for business if you never tried to gain new customers.
I know, that's what I'm saying, there needs to be some balance.
Bill C84 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum