boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
shadow111
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Anderson Silva wants to fight Roy Jones Jr "much, much more" then UFC peers

Anderson Silva, UFC middleweight champion, said that he would want to get into a ring or a cage with Roy Jones Jr. “much, much more” than engage in a UFC champion vs. champion superfight with Jon Jones or Georges St-Pierre.

"I think everyone’s got something they’re focused on and that’s my own desire, something I’d like to do," Silva said through a translator. "Maybe one day when I’m done my UFC career I will box Roy Jones."

Silva said he’d be interested in taking on Jones Jr. twice - once in a bout with MMA rules and another in a boxing ring. He said he knows Jones Jr. and calls him "a great champion."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I would think it is unlikely Roy Jones would ever compete in an MMA fight, especially considering what happend to James Toney when he faced Couture. But a boxing match between Jones and Silva I would say is a real possibility. And it could be a very competitive bout.
shadow111 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Anderson Silva wants to fight Roy Jones Jr "much, much more" then UFC peers

I want to stab who ever wrote that article in the face. Yeah real competitive rofl
Forza is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
shadow111
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Anderson Silva wants to fight Roy Jones Jr "much, much more" then UFC peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
I want to stab who ever wrote that article in the face. Yeah real competitive rofl
Obviously it wouldn't be competitive in UFC/MMA. But in boxing? you take away Anderson's ability to kick, and you take away his ability to submit opponents, and make him use only two hands, you don't think that would be competitive?
shadow111 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow111 View Post
Obviously it wouldn't be competitive in UFC/MMA. But in boxing? you take away Anderson's ability to kick, and you take away his ability to submit opponents, and make him use only two hands, you don't think that would be competitive?
He's 1-1 in pro boxing, he got knocked out by a fat 5'9 club fighter with a losing record. He would get his **** pushed in in 30 seconds against even a shot roy jones jr.

MMA bums CANNOT box, CANNOT take a punch from a pro boxer and can't throw a punch to save their life.
Forza is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Mexi-Box
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Anderson Silva is just mad because he gets payed peanuts. What's with all these UFC, err... WWE, fighters wanting to nut-hug boxers. They're just looking for a payday because no one wants to watch two men hugging and making out with some bare-naked chokes and ground and pound (worse ever phrase).
Mexi-Box is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

In MMA, I would still bet on roy jones jr.
Forza is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
burn1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Wrong "Jones", Anderson.
burn1 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Someone is scared of Chris Weidman!
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #9
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-Box View Post
Anderson Silva is just mad because he gets payed peanuts. What's with all these UFC, err... WWE, fighters wanting to nut-hug boxers. They're just looking for a payday because no one wants to watch two men hugging and making out with some bare-naked chokes and ground and pound (worse ever phrase).
Their ****ty fad sport is dying a painful death while boxing is doing record #'s, they gotta open their mouth about boxing to try and stay relevant.
Forza is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #10
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
He's 1-1 in pro boxing, he got knocked out by a fat 5'9 club fighter with a losing record. He would get his **** pushed in in 30 seconds against even a shot roy jones jr.

MMA bums CANNOT box, CANNOT take a punch from a pro boxer and can't throw a punch to save their life.
Roger that!
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

I like how that little bald midget joe rogan predicted boxing was about to die any day now back in like 06

Canelo-mayweather > UFC
Forza is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 324

Man you can check my post history to see I am no MMA fan but anyone that thinks Jones has a chance in hell of giving Silva a good go is in serious denial. Silva calling out Jones is actually shameful. No offence to Roy, he is one of the greats but his time has come and gone.
VBOX is online now  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #13
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBOX View Post
Man you can check my post history to see I am no MMA fan but anyone that thinks Jones has a chance in hell of giving Silva a good go is in serious denial. Silva calling out Jones is actually shameful. No offence to Roy, he is one of the greats but his time has come and gone.
In a boxing match Silva would have absolutely nothing to worry RJJ. I agree tho calling him out is shameful
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBOX View Post
He gets K.O'd in 1 round in boxing
Forza is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #15
kordapio
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 250

BORKED

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
kordapio is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum