Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 AM   #31
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Can Wlad dominate until 2011?

Wow, this was more than two years ago, and Wlad is still dominating. If he beats Peter, he will start 2011 as Champ.
Asterion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2010, 02:50 AM   #32
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
Wow, this was more than two years ago, and Wlad is still dominating. If he beats Peter, he will start 2011 as Champ.
Yes, if you take a look at the current crop, I don't see the Wlad express stopping anytime soon. A Povetkin or Haye matchup would be great for the fans but he'll still come out on top.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #33
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
You are right,farmboxer! Wlad can stay on the top for a very long time.Who is really out there who has the tools to beat him? Of course a big banger like Peter or Virchis always has a puncher's chance,but I for my part wouldnt bet a single coin on either Peter or Virchis against Wlad.
Povetkin is an excellent boxer,but he would be the underdog against Wlad.Thats for sure!
Valuev has the size,but does he have the punch,tools,and determination to defeatd Wlad.I very much doubt it!
Fighters like Solis,Boytsov,and other young guns still needs some years before they can take on a fighter like Wlad.
Dimitrenko? Bidenko? Briggs? McCline? Ruiz? Brook? Samil Sinan Sam? I wouldnt bet a single coin on them against Wlad.
Wlad wont fight his brother so that Vitaly is out of the game.
Yep! Wlad can dominate his weight division for the next few years.
I don't even think we are going to see Virchis in the ring again. After Gomez, he said that he has wanted to retire for awhile. Then, he disappeared, came back to fight a fourth tier guy, and promptly disappeared again.

To bad. He had mad power.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2010, 03:20 AM   #34
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Vlad was a kid when he fought Purrity. Vlad's corner threw in a towel in the 11th round. Vlad just ran out of gas because he did not train for the fight as he and Vitali were promoting fight. Vlad was beating the Hell out of Puritty, then ran out of gas. The only time he has ever ran out of gas. Vlad went on the stop Axel Schultz in the 8th round, first one to stop Schultz, Foreman could not do it. Schultz beat the crap out of Foreman, but lost a split decision, IBF ordered a rematch because of such, Foreman gave up his title rather than fight rematch. Vlad learned from the Purrity fight. Later Vitali was the first to stop Puritty.

I wrote post at ESB warning that Vlad stood a chance of losing to Corrie Sanders. Sanders was the best southpaw heavyweight ever. Extremely quick, hit extremely hard. Sanders had been training for months to fight Valouev in South Africa. Vlad had just beaten Jameel McCline while McCline was at his peak. Vlad was very let down that Klaus Peter Kohl had him to fight Sanders. I wrote to Kohl, wrote here, Boxing.De, etc., even told member of Team Klitschko about such a risk. Vlad did not train much, he lifted weights, did not spar hardly at all and not with any south paw. Sanders' punches come at you backwards, he was called "The Sniper" for a good reason, fantastic fighter early, but a well trained Sanders is awesome! I followed his career for years. Anyone who says that Sanders had no talent is ignorant. Ask Bobby Czyz about Sanders.

In the Brewster fight, read the Judd Letter, Vlad was drugged. Read some of the old interviews with Steward and others. Missing water bottles. Two missing blood and urine samples. MRI showed no signs of concussion! Doctors were afraid of Vlad going into a diabetic coma. Vlad's blood sugar was extremely high. No betting was allowed on Vitali's next fight. Betting changed right before Vlad's fight. Video showed unknown person in Vlad's dressing room with stolen ID. Vlad has never had staimina problem in five rounds, only 11 rounds years ago with Purrity. His lips were blue. This actually started from the beginning of fight, something was wrong. The American boxing media did all they could to stop investigation of this fight. Even Ratner announced his resignation! Vlad wanted to find out why this happened to him. Finally, he just gave up on getting anywhere and moved on. Vitali was still vociferous on this,esp. after Vlad stopped Brewster in rematch. Don King would not allow rematch to happen. King would not allow Vitali to fight Brewster either. It was not until Brewster lost title, and King dumped him that Vlad got rematch. It was a mismatch, only this time Vlad was not drugged. Klitschkos have not fought in Vegas since. By the way, Vlad has never had high blood sugar in his entire life, except that night. It was something, I think Serotonin booster perhaps, which acts on pancreas. Can you imagine if this had happened to James Toney?! I will never forgive American Boxing Media for such bias. The extreme hatred of Klitschkos have been so unfair. It's a shame. Now look at HBO's prejudice! Klitschkos will retire one day. What will happen then? They are really good fighters and are not waiting months or years to fight. They try to fight the very best. They can't help it when org. creates new mandatory. Vlad has moved on. Vlad has never been knocked out, but was TKO'd. Lennox Lewis was knocked out cold by Rahman! TKO's badly by McCall. Joe Louis was knocked out, Tyson, etc. Did they have china chins? I think not. Whatever, I am tired of all this bias. That's why I am so angry! We have two good champions now, they will not always be champions, so let them have their day like Tyson, Holmes, Louis, Lewis, etc. And they are NOT boring. Compare with Void. Ever wonder why so many want new weight division? They did not call for such when Lewis was champion, or Bowe, or when Ali beat Quarry,when Quarry was only 5 feet 10. Most supported those fighters. Why no call for new weight division? Use logic. Nobody wanted Spinks Brothers to fight each other either. Yet they expect Vitali and Vlad to fight each other. Why was Steward threatened when he started training Vlad? Called a traitor! Years have gone by now and see no change in bias. I have never seen so much hate for a fighter as I have seen in America for Klitschkos.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 04:23 AM   #35
Tonifranz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1946

Even if he loses to Haye, I think the answer to this question is yes.
Tonifranz is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 04:24 AM   #36
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

wladmir is going to get pizza faced on july 2nd just wait and see.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 04:30 AM   #37
rushman
Devoid is Devoid
ESB Addict

vCash: 9205

New thread needed.

Can Wlad dominate until 2015?
rushman is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 04:33 AM   #38
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

He probably will unless injury or a lack of motivation make him retire.
Lefthooktommy is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #39
rushman
Devoid is Devoid
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthooktommy View Post
Yeah. After he beats Haye, who else is there? It will be a little better once Vitali retires because he will have the pick of the crop all to himself. But really, who is there?

Povetkin, Solis (depends on how he recovers), Boystov, a couple of others. But it is all much of the same.

It would have to be a bit hard to keep motivated. I guess if he is earning $10M per fight, that alone might keep him interested anyway...
rushman is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 05:08 AM   #40
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushman View Post
Yeah. After he beats Haye, who else is there? It will be a little better once Vitali retires because he will have the pick of the crop all to himself. But really, who is there?

Povetkin, Solis (depends on how he recovers), Boystov, a couple of others. But it is all much of the same.

It would have to be a bit hard to keep motivated. I guess if he is earning $10M per fight, that alone might keep him interested anyway...
It wouldn't surprise me if he retired after a couple more fights. He's 35 and has dominated the Hw division for six years. What more could he accomplish?
Lefthooktommy is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 05:19 AM   #41
rushman
Devoid is Devoid
ESB Addict

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he retired after a couple more fights. He's 35 and has dominated the Hw division for six years. What more could he accomplish?
Total unification. WBC, WBA and IBF.

Extra $$$.

But it isn't like there will be names missing from his resume. At least, none that he can do anything about now (rematches with Sanders, Purrity etc would have been nice).
rushman is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 05:28 AM   #42
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

For the last 5 years wlad has been the best heavyweight on the planet.

I believe wlad is one of the greats of the division. Vitali unfortunately lost his best years and will likely retire soon but he also had the potential imo.

I don't care what people say, the brothers will be missed when they retire.

Last edited by lufcrazy; 03-28-2012 at 12:00 PM.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 05:45 AM   #43
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

Nice to see an old thread bumped to expose some bad predictions
Squire is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #44
Blake Rayne
Fat Cuban Aficianado
ESB Addict

Quote:

and ty to person who brought this thread back. Hilarious
Blake Rayne is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #45
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

If he gets passed Haye with ease, then, I see no reason why Wlad cannot dominate for a couple more.
Flexe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum