Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #16
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

What?

How the hell that kid get to spar guys like Baldomir?

How tall is he? How did he beat Baldomir?

Did he win from the outside or inside?

I thought that kid had no amateur record really.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #17
audio101
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
you said, baldo couldn't hang with ur friend.

I highly doubt that.
Thats what everyone ends up saying though, I'm sure he would of said the samething if he sparred with Mayweather, "oh man mayweather couldn't hang with me"...
audio101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #18
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 17,930
vCash: 75
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

really fellaz, i dont lie about shit like this .......i was supposed to go with them but i had to work....they called me on the way back to tell me they were not gonna go to the gym cause they were gonna go get some sparring in, in mexicali across the border.....

later on at night my coach called me and told me that josh handled baldomir (basically whooped him)...he told me in spanish "LE METIO UNA RECIA" which means he gave him an ass whoopin.....so then i asked him why they went to mexicali to spar and then JOSH grabbed the phone and told me that it was because baldo only gave him 2 rounds...after that they called it quits.....he even said they made him fight right handed and he's a natural southpaw.........he said he was slow as hell and cant believe that he beat judah......
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #19
magnum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 197
vCash: 75
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
really fellaz, i dont lie about shit like this .......i was supposed to go with them but i had to work....they called me on the way back to tell me they were not gonna go to the gym cause they were gonna go get some sparring in, in mexicali across the border.....

later on at night my coach called me and told me that josh handled baldomir (basically whooped him)...he told me in spanish "LE METIO UNA RECIA" which means he gave him an ass whoopin.....so then i asked him why they went to mexicali to spar and then JOSH grabbed the phone and told me that it was because baldo only gave him 2 rounds...after that they called it quits.....he even said they made him fight right handed and he's a natural southpaw.........he said he was slow as hell and cant believe that he beat judah......
You should have Josh come on here and tell us what happened.
magnum is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:12 PM   #20
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 17,930
vCash: 75
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum
You should have Josh come on here and tell us what happened.
i'll ask him....
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #21
Tettsuo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 291
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Sparring does not equal real fight.

While sparring you tend to work on your weaknesses and trying different things to improve.

If you're going into a sparring match thinking about how you're going to KO your sparring partner, then you're missing the point of sparring.
Tettsuo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:25 PM   #22
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 17,930
vCash: 75
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo
Sparring does not equal real fight.

While sparring you tend to work on your weaknesses and trying different things to improve.

If you're going into a sparring match thinking about how you're going to KO your sparring partner, then you're missing the point of sparring.
no shit sherlock....but its still fighting ......here in cali we spar for reals...no pitty pat shit cause one thing is for sure...ALL THAT PITTY PAT SHIT DOES NOT PREPARE YOU FOR A REAL BOXING FIGHT.....
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #23
Tettsuo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 291
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
no shit sherlock....but its still fighting ......here in cali we spar for reals...no pitty pat shit cause one thing is for sure...ALL THAT PITTY PAT SHIT DOES NOT PREPARE YOU FOR A REAL BOXING FIGHT.....
Huh? Did I mention anything about pitty pat? And what the **** does Cali have to do with anything?

My point is, you can't base shit on a sparring match. SPARRING IS NOT A REAL BOXING MATCH, therefore it doesn't mean a damn thing. If you think that it does, then you don't know shit about sparring.

I'm sure you feel your boy is good and all, but "beating" someone in a sparring match isn't something to toot your horn about.
Tettsuo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #24
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,319
vCash: 15000
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Freddy's point, and he is right, is that if the punches are being thrown hard, it may as well be a normal fight. the only thing which really seperates sparring from boxing is the punch intention. Most places just tap each other, but if these people go all out, is there really much difference between a proper fight and sparring?

I don't know what it's like in Cali, but if they throw hard punches, the chances are everythig else will be taken as a real fight too.

And a 4-0 fighter beating a former world champion IS something special. Even if it was pitty pat punches, it shows he has skill against a much more experianced boxer.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #25
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 17,930
vCash: 75
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo
Huh? Did I mention anything about pitty pat? And what the **** does Cali have to do with anything?

My point is, you can't base shit on a sparring match. SPARRING IS NOT A REAL BOXING MATCH, therefore it doesn't mean a damn thing. If you think that it does, then you don't know shit about sparring.

I'm sure you feel your boy is good and all, but "beating" someone in a sparring match isn't something to toot your horn about.
ok, so sparring means jack shit then.....according to you

and i'm not saying it like "HEY GUYS, MY BOY WHOOPED BALDO" ...i was supposed to put up this info when they were supposed to spar 2 weeks ago.....baldo got sick so they didnt end up sparring until yesterday.....and everybody was interested to find out what happened......so yes, SPARRING DOES MEAN SOMETHING....am i saying my boy will whoop him in a real fight, no.....but a sparring session sometimes tells you more about a fighter than an actual real fight......cause its pretty much skill vs skill...in a real fight nerves and alot of other shit is involved...
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #26
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 17,930
vCash: 75
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Freddy's point, and he is right, is that if the punches are being thrown hard, it may as well be a normal fight. the only thing which really seperates sparring from boxing is the punch intention. Most places just tap each other, but if these people go all out, is there really much difference between a proper fight and sparring?

I don't know what it's like in Cali, but if they throw hard punches, the chances are everythig else will be taken as a real fight too.

And a 4-0 fighter beating a former world champion IS something special. Even if it was pitty pat punches, it shows he has skill against a much more experianced boxer.
thanks for seeing my thread for what it really was.....i hate when fools act like MR KNOW IT ALL'S......

i'm just happy for my boy...thats it

and also, it means alot of they said, BRING HIM NEXT TIME AND WE'LL HAVE JOAN GUZMAN GIVE HIM SOME ROUNDS.....
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #27
Tettsuo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 291
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Freddy's point, and he is right, is that if the punches are being thrown hard, it may as well be a normal fight. the only thing which really seperates sparring from boxing is the punch intention. Most places just tap each other, but if these people go all out, is there really much difference between a proper fight and sparring?
Yes there IS a big difference between a proper fight and sparring!

WTF?! Do you really think there isn't a difference between the two?

If you're training for a fight, you're practicing. Practicing is not something you do in a real fight. You don't try new shit in a real fight. That's what sparring is for. You don't practice your game plan in a real fight. That's what sparring is for. You don't work on your defense in a real fight. That's what sparring is for. Sparring is where you work on things to sharpen your skills.

Sparring is EXTREMELY important, but don't think it's the same as a real fight.
Tettsuo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #28
Tettsuo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 291
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Just to add, I'm not trying to down your boy Freddy. If he's in there sparring with Baldo, then he certainly isn't a chump, by any means (otherwise he would be worthless to spar with). Just saying ain't no real reason to get excited about working someone over in a sparring match.
Tettsuo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #29
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 17,930
vCash: 75
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo
Yes there IS a big difference between a proper fight and sparring!

WTF?! Do you really think there isn't a difference between the two?

If you're training for a fight, you're practicing. Practicing is not something you do in a real fight. You don't try new shit in a real fight. That's what sparring is for. You don't practice your game plan in a real fight. That's what sparring is for. You don't work on your defense in a real fight. That's what sparring is for. Sparring is where you work on things to sharpen your skills.

Sparring is EXTREMELY important, but don't think it's the same as a real fight.
we get your point man...but really, who actually does that all time.....i've seen many pro's and champs spar and everytime i do, it turns to a real fight.....yeah your practicing with your trainer yelling at you and thats the same shit that goes on in a real fight....unless your talking back to the pitty pat sparring to learn and build confidence but we're talking about baldomir, the man who has looked the same in all his fights....so you can bet that there wasn't no learning involved.....except for my boy, he learned alot......all while sparring at a fast pace
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #30
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Rotten Apple!
Posts: 6,129
vCash: 818
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Stop Lying Freddy Waks Off
Ring Master is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013