Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-11-2007, 01:21 AM   #46
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: My Boy Josh Just Sparred Baldomir In San Diego !!!!

Baldi probably had a lot of rounds in with a different sparring partner. I dont think he whooped him. Sparring with a top level fighter like baldi and you dont bring a video recorder or better yet a camera phone...Nah I dont think so. Baldi is slow and gets hit alot but he has good timing and probably would hurt your boy in a real match.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 01:27 AM   #47
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Yeah, I just seen the vid of your dude. He is like a little fake mayweather. But he has quick hands and he can fight backing up and he knocked the other slow bum out without his feet even being planted...and backing up. He can do a little something. Tell him keep that left glove up though or a good fighter would catch him with a good str8 right hand when he goes into his ODD crouch.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 08:56 AM   #48
Doomas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 680

Saw that guy in other thread, he looks impressive, and I look forward to see him on tv someday.
But I have to agree with others, Diego Corrales before his fight with Mayweather said that Floyd was piece of cake when he sparred him in the past, Judah looked good against Sweet pea in their sparring video too.
Doomas is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #49
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Sparring is for working on techniques, its not a contest that is judged on points. I watched Lennox Lewis spar with Mo Harris, and as it appeared he was hanging with him, Lewis was working on certain moves, and techniques.
Only guy I saw spar to kill all his sparring partners was Tyson and a younger Tua. Both guys looked to knockout all their sparring partners everytime they got in the ring.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #50
Duende
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 942

Thanks for the info Freddy. This guy Josh is probably going places. Well done to him
Duende is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #51
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

From my experience these journeymen type are usually obviously world class in sparring against lesser fighters. Baldo must be truly terrible and lucky. Derrick Harmon whips the living hell out of tough, tough, tough guys who destroy people with impunity, and Auggie Sanchez puts people out whenever he wants to in sparring, and those guys aren't even that highly regarded.

I can't think of any 4-0 fighter hanging with them unless they get extremely lucky. There is a 135 lb guy who is 14-0 with 12 KOs and Auggie owns him with ease every time.

Either your friend is exceptionally talented and is going places or Baldomir really is a terrible fighter who was in the right place at the right time. He sure beat Gatti though, and what Gatti did to Gamache is what happens when you are overmatched.

Last edited by Lance_Uppercut; 03-01-2006 at 06:27 PM.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 10:28 AM   #52
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini
From my experience these journeymen type are usually obviously world class in sparring against lesser fighters. Baldo must be truly terrible and lucky. Derrick Harmon whips the living hell out of tough, tough, tough guys who destroy people with impunity, and Auggie Sanchez puts people out whenever he wants to in sparring, and those guys aren't even that highly regarded.

I can't think of any 4-0 fighter hanging with them unless they get extremely lucky. There is a 135 lb guy who is 14-0 with 12 KOs and Auggie owns him with ease every time.

Either your friend is exceptionally talented and is going places or Baldomir really is a terrible fighter who was in the right place at the right time. He sure beat Gatti though, and what Gatti did to Gamache is what happens when you are overmatched.
i'm trying to tell you guys man this kid is amazing...i've seen him make seasoned pro's quit...and he's only been boxing for like a year.....he has alot of technical flaws but his speed, power and natural fighter instinct really make up for it.....

sycuan didn't let him record shit...and from what he told me yesterday in the gym, baldi got mad and called it quits just after 2 rounds.....and there was no other sparring partners.......it was a real private session he said......
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #53
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

do you have any more of his fights to show us?? the first one was good.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #54
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo
Yes there IS a big difference between a proper fight and sparring!

WTF?! Do you really think there isn't a difference between the two?

If you're training for a fight, you're practicing. Practicing is not something you do in a real fight. You don't try new shit in a real fight. That's what sparring is for. You don't practice your game plan in a real fight. That's what sparring is for. You don't work on your defense in a real fight. That's what sparring is for. Sparring is where you work on things to sharpen your skills.

Sparring is EXTREMELY important, but don't think it's the same as a real fight.
I havent boxed in other states except California, and I can back Freddy´s point that gym wars are common in California gym culture.

I understand your point about training being practice, and practice being different than real fighting, but I can honestly tell you I have seen gym wars here that rival or out do any ´real´ fight you could watch.
acb is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #55
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty

He is like a little fake mayweather.

He can do a little something.
WTF?
acb is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #56
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
I havent boxed in other states except California, and I can back Freddy´s point that gym wars are common in California gym culture.

I understand your point about training being practice, and practice being different than real fighting, but I can honestly tell you I have seen gym wars here that rival or out do any ´real´ fight you could watch.
THANK YOU !!!

and it's kind of weird when you see a calm sparring session...atleast for me it is...we've sparred all over the imperial valley, coachella valley and mexicali.....and all of the times they have been the same...1 round of filling each other out, and then BAM...a full fledged war breaks out....but they love that here, they respect you more and welcome you back all the time.....unless your sparring with a kid who barely began, then yes, of course you take it really easy...but even me and josh have wars and we work out everyday together......followed by a big hug
Old 07-11-2007, 11:52 AM   #57
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
do you have any more of his fights to show us?? the first one was good.
i posted his last fight.....
Old 07-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #58
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak
really fellaz, i dont lie about shit like this .......i was supposed to go with them but i had to work....they called me on the way back to tell me they were not gonna go to the gym cause they were gonna go get some sparring in, in mexicali across the border.....

later on at night my coach called me and told me that josh handled baldomir (basically whooped him)...he told me in spanish "LE METIO UNA RECIA" which means he gave him an ass whoopin.....so then i asked him why they went to mexicali to spar and then JOSH grabbed the phone and told me that it was because baldo only gave him 2 rounds...after that they called it quits.....he even said they made him fight right handed and he's a natural southpaw.........he said he was slow as hell and cant believe that he beat judah......
Sparring is completely different than an actual fight....I'm sure your boy is a good boxer and probably did get his "MAN" agaisnt Baldo, but that doesn't mean in a real boxing match he'd beat Baldo.

Gatti and Judah are very good fighters and they lost to Carlos. There are many GOOD fighters...like ALI who never did well in sparring. It's still good experience for your boy and I hope we see him make it BIG. I just hope no one thinks that just b/c he did his thing in sparring agasint Baldo that he's the next best thing since Ray robinson.
charlievint is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #59
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievint
Sparring is completely different than an actual fight....I'm sure your boy is a good boxer and probably did get his "MAN" agaisnt Baldo, but that doesn't mean in a real boxing match he'd beat Baldo.

Gatti and Judah are very good fighters and they lost to Carlos. There are many GOOD fighters...like ALI who never did well in sparring. It's still good experience for your boy and I hope we see him make it BIG. I just hope no one thinks that just b/c he did his thing in sparring agasint Baldo that he's the next best thing since Ray robinson.
nobody is saying that man...i know there is alot of other factors that come to play when it's a real fight....but i'm just happy for my boy and i wanted to share this with all you guys....i just hate when fools say the obvious and act like know it alls.....if you look through this thread, nobody, i mean nobody is saying nothing out of the ordinary for my boy, they're just wishing good luck and saying that this kid must have something.....and it's true....1 year of boxing, 2 ameatur fights and he is 4-0 with 4kos......i remember when i posted like 6 months back saying that my boy was ready to turn pro after only 2 fights and mostly everybody laughed and started talking shit...again, like MR KNOW IT ALLS....well 4 fights later he's proved them all wrong and hopefully he'll continue to prove them all wrong......cause boxing is full of critics that think boxers need 043985039850948409 ****en ameatur fights to be good.....and i've always said that you can tell a fighter by his first day in the gym.....
Old 07-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #60
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandwhitestripe
Was that at cityboxing?
i dont know....he said it was a little gym in san diego...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum