Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: xxyxxyxxyxxyxxyxxy
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 1000
Default What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

He was shortly with universum i remember. he was only 20 when he was thrown in with denis inkin about 1 1/2 years ago!!
okay, he was not really german.....but you know how that works these days ....
he was born in montenegro.

well, it was obvious that universum wanted to get rid of him (**** them!).

anyway, i expected inkin to walk right through him.

BUT GUESS WHAT!!! the fight was pretty competative! inkin won.......but two judges had him up only 78-76!!!!

not bad for a 20 year old.......especially considering that inkin was far more experienced.

i thought that he would do well as he matures. but he hasnt fought since then!!!

anyone know what happened??? cause this seems like a terrible waste of talent.
unitas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

...very strange that a guy that good would not have carried on...

Last edited by mike; 09-28-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
He was shortly with universum i remember. he was only 20 when he was thrown in with denis inkin about 1 1/2 years ago!!
okay, he was not really german.....but you know how that works these days ....
he was born in montenegro.

well, it was obvious that universum wanted to get rid of him (**** them!).

anyway, i expected inkin to walk right through him.

BUT GUESS WHAT!!! the fight was pretty competative! inkin won.......but two judges had him up only 78-76!!!!

not bad for a 20 year old.......especially considering that inkin was far more experienced.

i thought that he would do well as he matures. but he hasnt fought since then!!!

anyone know what happened??? cause this seems like a terrible waste of talent.
Konni Konrad's true name is something like Cevluddin Covic.Doesnt he stem from Serbia or Montenegro?

Yep! He had his moments against Inkin,but they fight wasnt as close as the official score cards suggest,unitas.
As far as I can remember Inkin won almost every round of his encounter with Konrad.
The resilient Serb didnt cave in and were able to be competitive throughout all rounds,but he took too many punches from his cagey opponent who showed a kind of very effective counterboxing against Konrad.
The inexperienced but very game Konrad met his match.Nevertheless he has the talent and decent potential to be a very good fighter.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

Last I heard was he retired.
NBT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: xxyxxyxxyxxyxxyxxy
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Konni Konrad's true name is something like Cevluddin Covic.Doesnt he stem from Serbia or Montenegro?

Yep! He had his moments against Inkin,but they fight wasnt as close as the official score cards suggest,unitas.
As far as I can remember Inkin won almost every round of his encounter with Konrad.
The resilient Serb didnt cave in and were able to be competitive throughout all rounds,but he took too many punches from his cagey opponent who showed a kind of very effective counterboxing against Konrad.
The inexperienced but very game Konrad met his match.Nevertheless he has the talent and decent potential to be a very good fighter.
i remember the fight. yes, i also had inkin ahead, but it was more of inkin doing the steadier work opposed to konrads occasional but very effective bursts of punches. his handspeed impressed me

konrad also showed a very good, very tight guard. AND inkin never hurt him........so i guess that speaks for an excellent chin.

i had it more competative than you......i remember having konrad winning about 3 rounds. inkin won the other seven.

but all rounds were competative (as you said) and i remember that konrad was not outclassed. i remember thinking that inkin won due to his far superior experience (more consistant work that wins you rounds in the pros), which is no wonder considering konrads age ( 20!) and his total inexperience. not his far superior talent!

and to me that really speaks for konrad. i hope he will come back. he is only 22.
unitas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #6
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
i remember the fight. yes, i also had inkin ahead, but it was more of inkin doing the steadier work opposed to konrads occasional but very effective bursts of punches. his handspeed impressed me

konrad also showed a very good, very tight guard. AND inkin never hurt him........so i guess that speaks for an excellent chin.

i had it more competative than you......i remember having konrad winning about 3 rounds. inkin won the other seven.

but all rounds were competative (as you said) and i remember that konrad was not outclassed. i remember thinking that inkin won due to his far superior experience (more consistant work that wins you rounds in the pros), which is no wonder considering konrads age ( 20!) and his total inexperience. not his far superior talent!

and to me that really speaks for konrad. i hope he will come back. he is only 22.
You are right,unitas! Konrad wasnt outclassed or totally out of his shoes against Inkin,but although all rounds were quite competitive I for my part didnt give him a single round(as far as I can remember of course).A pity that I didnt tape that fight then! Would love to watch their encounter again!
Konrad is still very young,can punch,and has talent.His defence was quite leaky,but on the other hand Inkin is a specialist in taking advantage of his opponent's weak spots.An outstandingly good counterboxer.
Konrad would have looked much better against better ranked fighters like Haussler,Sanavia,or Stieglitz.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:47 PM   #7
Jens S
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingdom of Denmark
Posts: 171
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

I think I had the fight 78-74.
Neither fighter impressed in that one.

Jens
Jens S is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:10 PM   #8
Gilby42
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

k
Gilby42 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #9
Gilby42
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

k
Gilby42 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:51 AM   #10
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: xxyxxyxxyxxyxxyxxy
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilby42
k
Wtf are you trying to say????
unitas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #11
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 75
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens S
I think I had the fight 78-74.
Neither fighter impressed in that one.

Jens
Me neither , I remember it being a very dull fight between two cagey fighters with a tight guard .

Inkin definitely won the fight but Konrad did take a few rounds .
Big Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
p.falk
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,187
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

I was looking for information on Konni and just stumbled across this thread.
Boxrec only mentions his last fight in 2006 against Inkin.
But I found a fight on youtube of his that happened in 2010 when he KOd Toumi in the 2nd:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QODw9YXbLA[/ame]
p.falk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #13
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 241
vCash: 15016
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

He fights Edison Miranda this Saturday, for some WBA trinket.

What are his chances against the faded Miranda?
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #14
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,486
vCash: 2000
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livershot09 View Post
He fights Edison Miranda this Saturday, for some WBA trinket.

What are his chances against the faded Miranda?
Having not faced a warm body (and only two corpses) in seven years?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #15
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Default Re: What happened to "german" super middle prospect Konni Konrad 16-1 (7)????

Result?
Consu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013