boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
JW1989
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Default September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

I was buzzing yesterday when it was announced that Derry Mathews will defend his Commonwealth title against Curtis Woodhouse on September 21st on Sky Sports. I however completely forgot that this is the same date as another fight that I have been massively looking forward to in Billy Joe Saunders vs John Ryder.

With Eddie Hearn working with Coldwell and also featuring Liam Smith vs Ochieng, Rocky Fielding, Callum Smith and Tom Stalker and Frank W***** also planning on putting on a massive card at the Copper Box with the possibility of Dereck Chisora featuring. So which card will you be attending? watching live? sky plussing etc? discuss.....

I personally will watch the Sky card live and sky plus the Boxnation card and watch that afterwards. This is purely because I am from Liverpool so there are more fighters that are of interest to me on the Sky card. I'm still even tempted to try and get hold of tickets before they all sell out as the Olympia is only a small venue. On the other hand I couldn't blame anyone for watching the Boxnation card as the Saunders/Ryder fight should be a belter...
JW1989 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 1000
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

In terms of depth Hearn's card will be much stronger, but BJS vs Ryder is a fight I really, really want to see. Hard to decide.
Solaris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Brum_Beat
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 54
vCash: 500
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
In terms of depth Hearn's card will be much stronger, but BJS vs Ryder is a fight I really, really want to see. Hard to decide.
Same, just wanna see the Ryder BJS fight more than anything.
Brum_Beat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 128,547
vCash: 46300
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

Nice bill.

War Curtis!
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
andrebishop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

****es me off when they do this, there will be **** all to watch on the Friday why not put one on then.

They seem more bothered about hurting the other promoter than boosting their own attendance/viewing figures
andrebishop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #6
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 128,547
vCash: 46300
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrebishop View Post
****es me off when they do this, there will be **** all to watch on the Friday why not put one on then.

They seem more bothered about hurting the other promoter than boosting their own attendance/viewing figures
Well, yes. That is capitalism.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
colinsMrs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1989 View Post
I was buzzing yesterday when it was announced that Derry Mathews will defend his Commonwealth title against Curtis Woodhouse on September 21st on Sky Sports. I however completely forgot that this is the same date as another fight that I have been massively looking forward to in Billy Joe Saunders vs John Ryder.

With Eddie Hearn working with Coldwell and also featuring Liam Smith vs Ochieng, Rocky Fielding, Callum Smith and Tom Stalker and Frank W***** also planning on putting on a massive card at the Copper Box with the possibility of Dereck Chisora featuring. So which card will you be attending? watching live? sky plussing etc? discuss.....

I personally will watch the Sky card live and sky plus the Boxnation card and watch that afterwards. This is purely because I am from Liverpool so there are more fighters that are of interest to me on the Sky card. I'm still even tempted to try and get hold of tickets before they all sell out as the Olympia is only a small venue. On the other hand I couldn't blame anyone for watching the Boxnation card as the Saunders/Ryder fight should be a belter...
There have been a few spoilers on Sky recently. I recall they announced the Price KO during Prizefigher. Safer recording Sky. No spoilers on BoxNation
colinsMrs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
andrebishop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Well, yes. That is capitalism.
yes but in this case i can't see how it benefits either.

have one friday one saturday everybody wins!
andrebishop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
andrebishop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsMrs View Post
There have been a few spoilers on Sky recently. I recall they announced the Price KO during Prizefigher. Safer recording Sky. No spoilers on BoxNation
good point boxnation live for me
andrebishop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #10
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

Eddie Hearn is a scumbag for doing this. The fans suffer because of his childish antics.
The Genius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
Mufc30
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,858
vCash: 500
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post
Eddie Hearn is a scumbag for doing this. The fans suffer because of his childish antics.
Oh **** off
Mufc30 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
mjhealy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 100
vCash: 500
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

I'm going to the Copperbox.

Will record SKY

As was mentioned earlier the announcer at Prizefighter mentioned the Price result during the night which in my opinion is unacceptable.

I was at Prizefighter at York Hall with the intention of going home after to watch the Price v Thompson bill which would have lead us quite nicely into the Khan bill in the early hours. Finding out the result was a bit annoying.
mjhealy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
emallini
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 1000
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

Matthews is on his last legs. I will be having a punt on Woodhouse stoppage
emallini is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #14
JW1989
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsMrs View Post
There have been a few spoilers on Sky recently. I recall they announced the Price KO during Prizefigher. Safer recording Sky. No spoilers on BoxNation
Thats a good point you make mate!....personally I'm not one of these "Team Hearn" / "Team W*****" people, I just love boxing and am happy to watch either promoters cards if they're putting on good fights. But that is definitely a little bit petty from Sky
JW1989 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #15
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 1000
Default Re: September 21st - Mathews vs Woodhouse - Saunders vs Ryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1989 View Post
Thats a good point you make mate!....personally I'm not one of these "Team Hearn" / "Team W*****" people, I just love boxing and am happy to watch either promoters cards if they're putting on good fights. But that is definitely a little bit petty from Sky
Announcing a boxing result on a boxing show?

How awful of them.
Solaris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015