Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-09-2013, 05:01 AM   #1
jonbonez152
EASTSIDEBOXING KING
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default How well would top Featherweights like Aldo do in the Heavyweight division.

If Aldo or another top featherweight was to fight in the heavyweight division, but were not allowed to gain weight. Do you think they would be able to take any of the lesser skilled guys in that division? Or do you think he would have to go down to lesser leagues in order to be able to defeat them?
jonbonez152 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
TERRYTIBBS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: How well would top Featherweights like Aldo do in the Heavyweight division.

how can a 145lbs man beat a 265lbs man you ****ing moron what a troll
TERRYTIBBS is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: How well would top Featherweights like Aldo do in the Heavyweight division.

He'd be too small.

I could see him heel hooking someone like Barry, if he dove for his foot.

LOL.

A better question would be, how would they do if they were natural HW's.

Aldo would be champ if he were a HW.
afterglow is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #4
jonbonez152
EASTSIDEBOXING KING
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERRYTIBBS View Post
how can a 145lbs man beat a 265lbs man you ****ing moron what a troll
What are you ****ing kidding me? Obviously Aldo would take out someone like Kimbo who is a heavyweight. You are trying to tell me that Aldo wouldn't be able to take out some King of the Cage heavyweight? Specifically a real good grappeler would be able to do better. Like BJ penn would have to be able to take out some of the shittier heavyweights if he was in his prime.
jonbonez152 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbonez152 View Post
What are you ****ing kidding me? Obviously Aldo would take out someone like Kimbo who is a heavyweight. You are trying to tell me that Aldo wouldn't be able to take out some King of the Cage heavyweight? Specifically a real good grappeler would be able to do better. Like BJ penn would have to be able to take out some of the shittier heavyweights if he was in his prime.
I understand your saying fighter A, even though smaller has way more skill than fighter b, who is much bigger.
In boxing it's been said "a good big man beats a good small man any day." Not to say Kimbo is good for instance, but with a functional 90-100 pound weight advantage, 1 punch would be all Kimbo needed. To grab ahold of a man when your 100 pounds bigger and stronger is all you really need as well and you could snap them in half.

Maybe if you take Aldo and put him against Joe Blow at your local bar, who happens to weigh 265 pounds of fat, out of shape, and has no idea how to fight Aldo would stand a good chance IMO. Even if you don't think guys like Kimbo are any good, there is no denying guys like him acheived more than most do in MMA (his youtube videos, his mma fights, and his breif stint in the UFC). No denying he has 10x more stamina than a normal person his size, and does know how to fight.
Hard to compensate for 100 pound weight disadvantage... They can take your strikes if your there in any kind of fighting shape, and you can't take theres. You get inside, they grab ahold of you and you can't break free.
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

He'd clean out the division.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum