Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
UKITAZ
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default WBO commissions rating are definitely on crack !!

They have Michael Jennings at welterweight ranked above Williams, Berto, Clottey, Collazo ..

what has he done to deserve this ???

I know its a similar scenario in most weight classes i.e khans but this Jennings ranking has to be the worst !!
UKITAZ is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Default Re: WBO commissions rating are definitely on crack !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKITAZ
They have Michael Jennings at welterweight ranked above Williams, Berto, Clottey, Collazo ..

what has he done to deserve this ???

I know its a similar scenario in most weight classes i.e khans but this Jennings ranking has to be the worst !!
No comment- I like mick so I refuse to comment on this gay rating. All I will say is the day you stop caring about governing bodies is the day you start to enjoy boxing a little more. Ring mag ratings will do for me even if they are a bit pro american- at least they not complete rubbish.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

******'s Boxing Organisation always have FW boxers too high
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
Grievesy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 309

I swear the governing bodies' ratings are generally regarded as bollocks anyway.
Grievesy is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
safe_pa
Howlin' Mad
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
No comment- I like mick so I refuse to comment on this gay rating. All I will say is the day you stop caring about governing bodies is the day you start to enjoy boxing a little more. Ring mag ratings will do for me even if they are a bit pro american- at least they not complete rubbish.
I agree, pro yank ratings are better than complete wank ratings.
safe_pa is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike464
john b is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
This is why they are not a recognised title.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

When young Frank was setting up as a promoter the BBBC did not recognise the WBO. They also did not want to give FW a promoters license. FW got angry (just like the hulk). He told the BBBC that he would set up his own governing body for the UK and a world body was ready to recognise his new UK Boxing board of control. The BBBC shit their pants, they gave FW a promoters license and recognised the WBO (to counter FW).

The gaylords at the WBO loved this as it gave them acceptability and as FW would only ever get his boxers a shot at shitty WBO belts they gained some money from bouts. The WBO gaylords wtill remember this so when FW tells them he has a ***y boxer who should be fighting a 3rd rate Dane in a title eliminator they go along with it. Same with Jennings, one call from FW and he was WBO No1, it was only when Mutley beat him that people began to question his WBO N0.1 ranking.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #9
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
When young Frank was setting up as a promoter the BBBC did not recognise the WBO. They also did not want to give FW a promoters license. FW got angry (just like the hulk). He told the BBBC that he would set up his own governing body for the UK and a world body was ready to recognise his new UK Boxing board of control. The BBBC shit their pants, they gave FW a promoters license and recognised the WBO (to counter FW).

The gaylords at the WBO loved this as it gave them acceptability and as FW would only ever get his boxers a shot at shitty WBO belts they gained some money from bouts. The WBO gaylords wtill remember this so when FW tells them he has a ***y boxer who should be fighting a 3rd rate Dane in a title eliminator they go along with it. Same with Jennings, one call from FW and he was WBO No1, it was only when Mutley beat him that people began to question his WBO N0.1 ranking.
Gary Lockett is ranked number one at 160.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
Gary Lockett is ranked number one at 160.

I hope Pavlik is man enough to give him a shot at his WBO belt. What could be more exciting than the current WBU world champ against the WBO champ, a great unification bout.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #11
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:

I hope Pavlik is man enough to give him a shot at his WBO belt. What could be more exciting than the current WBU world champ against the WBO champ, a great unification bout.
Nah Pavlik will dump that worthless bauble because he wants to get the other two of the three recognised belts, besides HBO wouldn't pay for Pavlik-Lockett.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
Nah Pavlik will dump that worthless bauble because he wants to get the other two of the three recognised belts, besides HBO wouldn't pay for Pavlik-Lockett.
TBH I doubt he will bother with belts and good job too. He is linear so I doubt anyone cares if he does not have the other belts (apart from FW and Lockett as no one is a real champ till they fight for the WBU belt).
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #13
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Then the winner can unify with the WBF. Pavlik is better than that and I suspect he'll drop the WBO title to face a credible challenger. He is probably unaware he has it anyway.
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #14
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Then the winner can unify with the WBF. Pavlik is better than that and I suspect he'll drop the WBO title to face a credible challenger. He is probably unaware he has it anyway.
Yeah it's like when theres a big title fight & some shitty IBA belt gets added as well. Thats what Pavlik probably thinks has happened with the WBO.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #15
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The reason Pavlik has the WBO middleweight title is that DLH needed some kind of title to make his fight with Hopkins seem like less of a mismatch. Hopkins was undisputed champion and therefore had all the proper titles so they set DLH up a fight against the WBO "champion" who was robbed of the decision. It was never vacated, probably because they haven't tried to enforce a mandatory defence yet. I really doubt they'll strip Pavlik.
mike464 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum