Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Rumor on Vitaliís come back opponent. Guess who!

Vitali Kltischko has been in the gym in Germany and looking rather sharp. When asked who his next opponent will be, Vitlai who usually as serious as a heart attack could not hold back his smile and said someone who is world ranked and familiar to the fans in Germany. Ah, but who!

There is a rumor that negotiations are underway for a dual Klitschko card in Germany. Wladimir will matched vs Corrie Sanders. Vitlai will get his chance for revenge on Chris Byrd.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576
Default Re: Rumor on Vitaliís come back opponent. Guess who!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
Vitali Kltischko has been in the gym in Germany and looking rather sharp. When asked who his next opponent will be, Vitlai who usually as serious as a heart attack could not hold back his smile and said someone who is world ranked and familiar to the fans in Germany. Ah, but who!

There is a rumor that negotiations are underway for a dual Klitschko card in Germany. Wladimir will matched vs Corrie Sanders. Vitlai will get his chance for revenge on Chris Byrd.
Well known on Germany? Please, PLEASE let it be Sven Ottke.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #3
shelterr
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 200

Wlad-Sanders II ?!?!?!
Vitali-Byrd II !!??!?!

Both men avenging the losses that most haunt their careers? It'll put the asses in the seats in Germany, that's for sure. I'll tune in.
shelterr is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 07:50 AM   #4
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Isn't he already signed to fight Jameel McCline???
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 07:55 AM   #5
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterr
Wlad-Sanders II ?!?!?!
Vitali-Byrd II !!??!?!

Both men avenging the losses that most haunt their careers? It'll put the asses in the seats in Germany, that's for sure. I'll tune in.
I heard Wlad vs Brewster was a sold out show. 22,000 people purchased tickets. A potential repeat or revenge match with both K Brothers vs Sanders and Byrd would sell double the amount of tickets. It might have to take place in a futbol stadium.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #6
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

These infos are wrong. Vitali is signed to fight McCline - there will be a presser next Monday to announce the fight and it will be shown on Showtime in the US /on tape delay).

For Wladimir: If he will fight again this year it will be in the US, though no opponent is chosen yet.

For the attendance at the CologneArena last Saturday: It wasn't sold out and therefore not fully packed. Though there were about 18.000 people in attendance.
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 08:13 AM   #7
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru

There's absolutely no justification for VITLAY v Byrd or WALDO v Sanders at this point, none. I doubt it'll happen but if it does it'll be interesting to hear the spin merchants trying to defend it
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 08:19 AM   #8
justaboxingfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Weight
There's absolutely no justification for VITLAY v Byrd or WALDO v Sanders at this point, none. I doubt it'll happen but if it does it'll be interesting to hear the spin merchants trying to defend it
good point, Sanders is probably way out of shape plaing golf and Byrd is done with. I don't really see Vitali fighting Byrd either. Actually I don't see Vitali coming back since he's already 'lied' about it 3 times i believe, but no doubt the redemption factor would almost guarantee a sold out crowd.
justaboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 08:21 AM   #9
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaboxingfan
good point, Sanders is probably way out of shape plaing golf and Byrd is done with. I don't really see Vitali fighting Byrd either. Actually I don't see Vitali coming back since he's already 'lied' about it 3 times i believe, but no doubt the redemption factor would almost guarantee a sold out crowd.
Sanders was already over the hill when he KO'd WALDO the last time, if there was to be a rematch it should have happened back then - beating up on Sanders now would prove nothing. Same thing with VITLAY and Byrd, VITLAY had plenty of time to fight Byrd, avenge his defeat and unify when he was champion but chose to sit on the title and do nothing significant instead.

As I said, I doubt this will happen, but I can't wait to hear the excuses for it if it does
Old 07-10-2007, 08:25 AM   #10
justaboxingfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Sanders was already over the hill when he KO'd WALDO the last time, if there was to be a rematch it should have happened back then - beating up on Sanders now would prove nothing. Same thing with VITLAY and Byrd, VITLAY had plenty of time to fight Byrd, avenge his defeat and unify when he was champion but chose to sit on the title and do nothing significant instead.

As I said, I doubt this will happen, but I can't wait to hear the excuses for it if it does

I think Kessler/Calzaghe has a better chance of happeing
justaboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #11
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:

Mr. Fighting Weight,

Are you aware that Byrd was lucky in the first fight wit h Vitali. If not for the injury, Vitlai wins for sure. Byrd is still a top ten ranked opponent. This is a fine comeback fight. When Tyson came back he fought Peter McNeeley. When Foreman came back, he fought a bunch of stiffs. Vitali is going for a top guy right away, and wants to avenge the loss. Why not?

As for Wlad, he has an opportunity to pick a non mandatory title defense. In case you have not noticed, guys like Owen Beck, Monte Barrett, and Peter Okello were in title defenses recently. Sanders is better and more dangerous than Beck, Barrett or Okello. So in the context of things, picking Sanders as a non mandatory fight is not so bad.

Iíll venture to guess you donít like the Kltischko brothers. This is fine. As Ali used to say, I donít care if they want to see me win or lose. Either way itís another rear end in the seat. Carry on with your loud protest. It will only hype the event if it happens.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #12
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

Quote:
I'd spend PPV dollars for that one so count me in!
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 AM   #13
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
Mr. Fighting Weight,

Are you aware that Byrd was lucky in the first fight wit h Vitali. If not for the injury, Vitlai wins for sure. Byrd is still a top ten ranked opponent. This is a fine comeback fight. When Tyson came back he fought Peter McNeeley. When Foreman came back, he fought a bunch of stiffs. Vitali is going for a top guy right away, and wants to avenge the loss. Why not?

As for Wlad, he has an opportunity to pick a non mandatory title defense. In case you have not noticed, guys like Owen Beck, Monte Barrett, and Peter Okello were in title defenses recently. Sanders is better and more dangerous than Beck, Barrett or Okello. So in the context of things, picking Sanders as a non mandatory fight is not so bad.

Iíll venture to guess you donít like the Kltischko brothers. This is fine. As Ali used to say, I donít care if they want to see me win or lose. Either way itís another rear end in the seat. Carry on with your loud protest. It will only hype the event if it happens.
Tell him like it is Mendoza
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #14
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
What sort of justification is needed for Vitali vs Byrd? However, we are most likely looking at Brock vs Byrd for the IBF eliminator anyways.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 11:45 AM   #15
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR
What sort of justification is needed for Vitali vs Byrd? However, we are most likely looking at Brock vs Byrd for the IBF eliminator anyways.
The fact that Byrd has been slipping for years, took a beating off WALDO and is more likely than not all shot to shit.

Of course I was expecting you to act like it's a legitimate match up, that's what Klit huggers do when their guy is matched up with yet another bum

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum