Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting

vBookie Event: Fortuna vs. Franco (Boxing)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Fortuna vs. Franco (Boxing)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Javier Fortuna 1/5 F (0.20) 15 3683  
Luis Franco 9/2 (4.50) 7 3604  
Draw 30/1 (30.00) 6 86 WIN!
Over 8.5 rounds 11/10 (1.10) 5 3740 WIN!
Under 8.5 rounds 4/5 (0.80) 3 508  

Old 07-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Javier Fortuna vs. Luis Franco

IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Default Re: Javier Fortuna vs. Luis Franco

Over/under when available.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14000

Ill have to do my research on Franco. How do you rate him IB? I wasnt all that impressed with Fortuna against tough but limited Hyland, although I had high expectations of him. His stamina looked a little questionable to me and I got the impresdion he didnt like it when he didnt get it his own way. His last knockout was impressive though and he certainly has the tools. Interesting to see what the over and under will be
Collie is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie View Post
Ill have to do my research on Franco. How do you rate him IB? I wasnt all that impressed with Fortuna against tough but limited Hyland, although I had high expectations of him. His stamina looked a little questionable to me and I got the impresdion he didnt like it when he didnt get it his own way. His last knockout was impressive though and he certainly has the tools. Interesting to see what the over and under will be
He's a slick little imp, prone to darting in and out with light pot shots...and putting fans to sleep.

I was pretty underwhelmed by Fortuna against Hyland, too - but he'll probably be rewarded by judges for simply being the aggressor with Franco, who is probably too shy to engage the much bigger and more physically imposing Fortuna with any frontal assaults.

The over might have a bit more value than either man outright, IMO - or if you're a huge believer in Fortuna's power and the value strikes your fancy maybe the under. Franco is elusive but was dropped early in his career by a journeyman.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Old 08-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Over/under added.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ive watched a bit of Franco. I get the feeling Fortuna may get him out of there early, as he is a fast starter and it looks like he will have a size and strength advantage. Either that or Franco will withstand the early exchanges (like Hyland did) and/or prove elusive and force Fortuna to conserve his energy a little in anticipation of a decision. In other words if its a stoppage itll be early and not by acculimation in later rounds. I may be completely wrong, I think Ill put a little on the under.
Collie is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ive watched a bit of Franco. I get the feeling Fortuna may get him out of there early, as he is a fast starter and it looks like he will have a size and strength advantage. Either that or Franco will withstand the early exchanges (like Hyland did) and/or prove elusive and force Fortuna to conserve his energy a little in anticipation of a decision. In other words if its a stoppage itll be early and not by acculimation in later rounds. I may be completely wrong, I think Ill put a little on the under.

I think Franco will be in danger throughout, but he ought to be smart enough to give Fortuna a wide berth (even if he never watched any tape on him; one look up at the dude will tell him staying in the pocket is muy stupido).

...but yeah, in spite of Franco's efforts he may well be caught before he can rev up.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Honestly I don't have a rooting interest or care much either way about the main event. I'm kind of rooting against both of them, for different reasons.

Fortuna just has that ugly mauling style I don't like watching, relying on his physicality, very sloppy. Usually he isn't quite as bad with that as with Hyland, but he is never exactly poetry in motion. Plus, he is the big bully here and part of me always sympathizes with the more skilled but much littler underdog (ie Calderon over Segura, Cotto over Margarito etc) looking to overcome the brute.

Franco, on the other hand, doesn't get my full backing due to his inexplicable ****-up of the golden opportunity that fell in his lap (only to get brushed away like an unwanted playful kitten pouncing with claws unsheathed) earlier this year. After losing his eliminator to Munoz, he somehow got the world title shot on FNF against Billy Dib anyway. Then something like a week before, he pulls out for no reason and in swoops Evgeny Gradovich to make good. Franco could be a world titlist right now, but he just...didn't feel like going for it? WTF is this guy's problem?? So, yeah, I'm not sure he deserves to be launched back into contention as somehow popping Fortuna's cherry would do for him.

So may the best man on the night take it.

Now, in the co-feature, different story. WAR BATISTA! RETIRE THAT PUTO!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Old 08-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Honestly I don't have a rooting interest or care much either way about the main event. I'm kind of rooting against both of them, for different reasons.

Fortuna just has that ugly mauling style I don't like watching, relying on his physicality, very sloppy. Usually he isn't quite as bad with that as with Hyland, but he is never exactly poetry in motion. Plus, he is the big bully here and part of me always sympathizes with the more skilled but much littler underdog (ie Calderon over Segura, Cotto over Margarito etc) looking to overcome the brute.

Franco, on the other hand, doesn't get my full backing due to his inexplicable ****-up of the golden opportunity that fell in his lap (only to get brushed away like an unwanted playful kitten pouncing with claws unsheathed) earlier this year. After losing his eliminator to Munoz, he somehow got the world title shot on FNF against Billy Dib anyway. Then something like a week before, he pulls out for no reason and in swoops Evgeny Gradovich to make good. Franco could be a world titlist right now, but he just...didn't feel like going for it? WTF is this guy's problem?? So, yeah, I'm not sure he deserves to be launched back into contention as somehow popping Fortuna's cherry would do for him.

So may the best man on the night take it.

Now, in the co-feature, different story. WAR BATISTA! RETIRE THAT PUTO!
Yeah Fortuna hasnt endeared me to him so far with his antics
Collie is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #12
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yeah Fortuna hasnt endeared me to him so far with his antics
Demanding Gamboa, having done nothing.

I'm not sure if that is worse than Franco passing up a world title shot, though.

"Eh, no thanks. I'm all set..."

Old 08-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Old 08-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #14
MrFoFody
Contender