Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-10-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
marauder1999
Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1293
Unhappy Taylors camp starting excuses early.

"We just can't make this weight anymore," Nelson told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. "We're not going to kill ourselves to make 160. This weight has been a problem for a long time. We've hired a nutritionist, done everything we can. I'm not going to make him do this anymore. It's time to move up."

Yea yea Yea--Taylor knows deep down that pavlik is going to hurt him badly and the doubt in his mind and his camps mind on if he can beat pavlik is weighing heavily on him. Already complaining about the weight and its three months prior to the fight. Lets see--Taylors last fight against spinks there was not one mention of weight problems to my knowledge. Oh wait, could that be because he thought he had no trouble beating spinks in the YAWNFEST fight of the year. Now--when he is mandated to fight pavlik, the #1 contender, he is complaining about making weight and how it kills him to do so. It kills pavlik too. Thats no damn excuse, its their freakin job to make weight. Sounds to me that taylor is taking the same road as that bum Edison Miranda took. Crying about weight, only difference is Taylor is doing it before the fight not after. I cant wait till sept. 29.
marauder1999 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
Mook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Taylors camp starting excuses early.

Well, Kessler-Calzaghe winner can kick his ass - you can be sure they won't be as tentative as hopkins, who really shoulda beaten him both times.
Mook is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Exactly even before the Miranda fight Pavlik's team were talking about a move to supermiddle.
Obviously they thought it in his best interest to take the Miranda fight on HBO and it has certainly paid dividends.

Taylor will smash him though.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Remember when he was asked about Calzaghe?

Taylor spoke of his plans to stay at 160 rather than move up to super middleweight.

"I'm comfortable at 160. I make 160 easy. "
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 AM   #5
InHumanForm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Exactly even before the Miranda fight Pavlik's team were talking about a move to supermiddle.
Obviously they thought it in his best interest to take the Miranda fight on HBO and it has certainly paid dividends.

Taylor will smash him though.
and when was the last time Taylor smashed anyone? especially a legit MW.
InHumanForm is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
Remember when he was asked about Calzaghe?

Taylor spoke of his plans to stay at 160 rather than move up to super middleweight.

"I'm comfortable at 160. I make 160 easy. "
Exactly...
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #7
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHumanForm
and when was the last time Taylor smashed anyone? especially a legit MW.
What does this have to do with this fight?

Totally different fighters and styles. Pavlik is even close to any of them.

Pavlik may be stronger and more dangerous than any of those guys but I reckon the way he fights has the potential to make JT look real good.
Of course he is a bigger chance of knocking off JT unlike Jermaine's recent opposition.

Thats the way I see this fight going, either Pavlik landes something big and ends it.
Or he gets impaled by JT's jab all night and is made to look slow and ponderous.

I love Pavlik, I love watching him fight.
I dont particularly like JT and havent enjoyed watching him fight for some time.
But Taylor is the better boxer hands down and he will win this.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #8
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
What does this have to do with this fight?

Totally different fighters and styles. Pavlik is even close to any of them.

Pavlik may be stronger and more dangerous than any of those guys but I reckon the way he fights has the potential to make JT look real good.
Of course he is a bigger chance of knocking off JT unlike Jermaine's recent opposition.

Thats the way I see this fight going, either Pavlik landes something big and ends it.
Or he gets impaled by JT's jab all night and is made to look slow and ponderous.

I love Pavlik, I love watching him fight.
I dont particularly like JT and havent enjoyed watching him fight for some time.
But Taylor is the better boxer hands down and he will win this.
Both guys are good for the fight game, funny thing is I met Taylor before and he's a pretty big dude. I don't know how the hell he makes 160lbs. At 160lbs I think Kelly catches Taylor mid fight and possibly stops him. At 168lbs Taylor outworks Kelly down the stretch possibly TKOing him.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #9
DaveTheWave
Man Extraordinaire
ESB Jr Member

I personally can't wait to see Taylor get the beating he has coming to him. I don't know if anyone else read that article in the Everlast catalog he was featured in, but he has no reverence or respect for the title he holds. He said straight out that he doesn't care about belts or his place in history, he just cares about the most money he can get for each fight. He said he isn't even a boxing fan! He never watches boxing unless it's a big fight and he watches it with friends. He might as well have taken his Ring Middleweight belt, thrown it on the floor, and then pissed on it! Where are the champs (Marciano comes to mind) that felt it was an honor to hold such a belt and such a distinction. How can this guy have made it this far? Now that I think of it, I'd like to see him take a beating just as much as Maywether. Floyd was my number one target, but at least he cares about legacy (his distorted reality of his own, that is) and has respect for the positioni he holds.
DaveTheWave is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #10
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder1999
"We just can't make this weight anymore," Nelson told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. "We're not going to kill ourselves to make 160. This weight has been a problem for a long time. We've hired a nutritionist, done everything we can. I'm not going to make him do this anymore. It's time to move up."

Yea yea Yea--Taylor knows deep down that pavlik is going to hurt him badly and the doubt in his mind and his camps mind on if he can beat pavlik is weighing heavily on him. Already complaining about the weight and its three months prior to the fight. Lets see--Taylors last fight against spinks there was not one mention of weight problems to my knowledge. Oh wait, could that be because he thought he had no trouble beating spinks in the YAWNFEST fight of the year. Now--when he is mandated to fight pavlik, the #1 contender, he is complaining about making weight and how it kills him to do so. It kills pavlik too. Thats no damn excuse, its their freakin job to make weight. Sounds to me that taylor is taking the same road as that bum Edison Miranda took. Crying about weight, only difference is Taylor is doing it before the fight not after. I cant wait till sept. 29.

Dont worry, Taylor will make weight and mark my words he will beat Pavlik. Dont underestimate Taylors ability to get physical with Pavlik. Taylor has been in there with the best and while I like Pavlik and enjoy his style I do not believe Taylor is the Middleweight champion because of a fluke. Hopefully this fight with Pavlik will silence all the critics once and for all. He needs a career defining fight and Pavlik is "Taylor" made for him
lillarry is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #11
marauder1999
Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1293

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheWave
I personally can't wait to see Taylor get the beating he has coming to him. I don't know if anyone else read that article in the Everlast catalog he was featured in, but he has no reverence or respect for the title he holds. He said straight out that he doesn't care about belts or his place in history, he just cares about the most money he can get for each fight. He said he isn't even a boxing fan! He never watches boxing unless it's a big fight and he watches it with friends. He might as well have taken his Ring Middleweight belt, thrown it on the floor, and then pissed on it! Where are the champs (Marciano comes to mind) that felt it was an honor to hold such a belt and such a distinction. How can this guy have made it this far? Now that I think of it, I'd like to see him take a beating just as much as Maywether. Floyd was my number one target, but at least he cares about legacy (his distorted reality of his own, that is) and has respect for the positioni he holds.
Beautifully said. Taylor doesnt know which way to run too--stay at 160 and get pounded by pavlik or move to 68 and get pounded. Hes stuck and his camp knows this.
marauder1999 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #12
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I really got no problem with him thinking that.
Because in the end its a job and a job you cant make money from for very long.

But to come out and say that is pretty irresponsible and disrepectful. It makes me think even less of him and I didnt think that much of the guy in the first place.
Id rather someone who wants to fight for more than just themselves have the belt and get the money Im forking out to watch him. (Though Ive never paid for a JT PPV)
Old 07-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #13
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

GO Pavlik!!!! Although i like Taylor as well and wouldn't normally wish any bad on him, Pavlik is the Man.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #14
*BOX_FAN*
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If he has problems with weight they can make fight Taylor-Pavlik in 168. Pavlik may be there little more dangerous - his punches may be even stronger. But if Taylor fights Pavlik in 160 I don't want hear excuses. He can go now to 168 now but no excuses please. He can always change decision about it in which division he fights.
*BOX_FAN* is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #15
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

Quote:
Can I find A link to that article online?
lillarry is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum