Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #31
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Taylors camp starting excuses early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
Are you ****ing kidding me? No way in hell does he KO Hopkins and Winky schools his ass and gives him a boxing lesson. Start a poll buddy if you're so confident in your prediction of Kelly Koing Hopkins and Wright. Hopkins dropped Tarver a 175 pound champ who hits harder than Kelly does but Kelly will KO him??? Get the **** outta here you're too biased to have a real opinion on this fight just like the Adamek-Dawson fight.
I knew you'd throw that back in my face. Adamek-Dawson was different with Chad be a southpaw & very slick, were those factors don't come into play with JT vs KP. As far as a poll about "Who wins, Pavlik or B Hop/Winky, who gives a shit? 70% of the knuckleheads here thought Miranda was gonna blast Kelly out of the ring. Shows what the majority of fight "experts" here know.

JETSKI is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #32
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Is everyone on ESB on their period? Your some sensitive *****s. Taylor can say what he wants. And he has struggled to make 160 for years, he'll be way better at 168. Ever thought that the reason he struggled with Spinks/Ouma was that he was weakened from weight making?

IF TAYLOR THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO LOSE HE COULD HAVE DUCKED THE FIGHT. HAVE RESPECT FOR A MAN THAT FIGHTS THE BEST
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #33
marauder1999
Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1293

And Pavlik is the best in the division today. All these ducking and fighting flyweights was bound to catch up to taylor sooner or later. Well--its later now.
marauder1999 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #34
InHumanForm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheWave
Don't mistake being tough for being good. Taylor is a tough guy. He has no ring smarts at all. None. He is a big physical presence in the ring, but I don't see much skill, no power, and no ring intelligence. That would be due to the fact that he is not a student of the game. Not saying Pavlik is some savvy ring technician, but Taylor is just a big middleweight who has used his size. How he beat Hopkins (only the second time, in my opinion) I don't know. I blame Hopkins more for his lack of action than Taylor's "superiority".
i agree 100%. good post.
InHumanForm is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #35
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Pavlik by KO
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #36
Shotgun
Who Nex?
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher
And he has struggled to make 160 for years, he'll be way better at 168
Then why did he and his team said they were perfectly comfortable to at 160 and weren't in a hurry to move up to 168 when Calzaghe was calling Taylor out a few months back?
Shotgun is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #37
zehenderc

There is more to this article........
I live in little rock and have the newspaper..... He is going to fight pavlik nomatter what.... Who cares what his trainer said... It was ozell Nelson who said those things... He had to lose 9 pounds in three days for the spinks fight, they do not want him doing that anymore...

He is going to fight Pavlik and beat him... There are no excuses needed. Taylor is a champion. He told his trainers he is fighting pavlik.... Thats not all about money like you guys are implying
zehenderc is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #38
audio101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Exactly even before the Miranda fight Pavlik's team were talking about a move to supermiddle.
Obviously they thought it in his best interest to take the Miranda fight on HBO and it has certainly paid dividends.

Taylor will smash him though.
Are you high, the same Taylor that couldn't even mark up Spinks is going to smash up Pavlik? Call me crazy but I believe Pavlik just fought one of the hardest puchers in their division and he walked right through them...
audio101 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 PM   #39
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun
Then why did he and his team said they were perfectly comfortable to at 160 and weren't in a hurry to move up to 168 when Calzaghe was calling Taylor out a few months back?
To get more money from Calazage and hope Delahoya wants another shot at the Middleweight title so he can make the big bannanas
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #40
Unchained
Train to win.
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHumanForm
and when was the last time Taylor smashed anyone? especially a legit MW.
I was thinking the same thing, lol. Pavlik KO 9.
Unchained is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #41
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

The good thing about the fight w /Pavlik is :

Its a fight against a credible and dangerous opponent .

And its everything needed in an opponent to prove his doubters wrong ..

Lets see if this becomes another draw ..

Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #42
DaveTheWave
Man Extraordinaire
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheModel
thats a reason why his boxing IQ is so low. i remember he was asked a question once about what he was gonna do, and what it would take to beat winky wright. he had no idea how to answer the question. i don't blame him about having no respect for the belts(who does?).
"the belts" you refer to are not worth dried turds- It's The Ring belt that I was referring to and the only one that should matter to anyone.
DaveTheWave is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #43
tpuz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabrese
Well Pavlik has been having trouble making 160 as well and that hasn't stopped him. If they can't make the weight they can always fight at a catch weight like 162 or something like that...

It's no excuse to not make the fight!
If they agree to a catch weight - is it still a title fight for the MW belts??
tpuz is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #44
DaveTheWave
Man Extraordinaire
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher
Is everyone on ESB on their period? Your some sensitive *****s. Taylor can say what he wants. And he has struggled to make 160 for years, he'll be way better at 168. What makes you think so? Ever thought that the reason he struggled with Spinks/Ouma was that he was weakened from weight making? But he wasn't drained when he fought Hopkins and Wright?

IF TAYLOR THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO LOSE HE COULD HAVE DUCKED THE FIGHT. HAVE RESPECT FOR A MAN THAT FIGHTS THE BEST
Oh my goodness. Lord please help us! A man that fights the best.... Yes- he fights the best small guys around, and he lets a guy that looks like his little kid brother back him up and outwork him, and let Spinks box the tar out of him. If Spinks had any nuts he would have realized Taylor was there to spar and would have taken the fight to him more. I will say that if he was weight drained, that could contribute to his embarassing lack of sting. But there is no excuse for a bigger man not to treat a smaller man (and ones that couldn't knock out their grandma with a bare fist) like he is the bigger man. I shouted the same thing with the Ruiz-Jones fiasco. Had Ruiz treated him like he was the big man and manhandled him, Jones' first knockout loss would have occured then instead of Tarver. Frazier treated Foster like Foster was the smaller man and look what happened. Great fighters recognize their roles. Taylor is letting much smaller guys dictate the pace and be the boss in there. If you are clearly bigger and stronger than the other guy, walk through him! He should be embarassed.
DaveTheWave is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #45
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

God damn people....this guy is doing things you all thought he wouldnt---defend his title against the #1 contender, and go up and fight for another world title. Damn, a fighter just cant do a DAMN thing to satisfy boxing fans.
Illmatic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum