Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Default Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

Melbourne Sep 12 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
How do you see it?
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,818
vCash: 75
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Voice View Post
Melbourne Sep 12 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
How do you see it?
Big step up for Jeff at this stage of his career. Wish him all the best but think Colomban's experience see's him take this. Hope Im wrong. Bad luck on Thursday night for him. He's a willing bloke that's for sure.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

Distance is the only problem I have. Pitty we didn't see more last Thursday.

Last edited by Da Voice; 08-11-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
I P Freely
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

Why is title vacant? Fred Tukes is the champ and is willing to fight both?
I P Freely is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

Quote:
Originally Posted by I P Freely View Post
Why is title vacant? Fred Tukes is the champ and is willing to fight both?
According to promoter & ANBF he failed to meet 90 day (give or take) ordered rematch with Colomban (due to slippery canvas) & now failed to respond to mandatory defence challenge (due every 6 months)
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

I suspect he may no longer be OZ resident
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
I P Freely
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Voice View Post
According to promoter & ANBF he failed to meet 90 day (give or take) ordered rematch with Colomban (due to slippery canvas) & now failed to respond to mandatory defence challenge (due every 6 months)
You got one side of this only it seems.

He is still a resident and had no issue fighting Sam, just not for $3.

Some promoters, are just c*nts.
I P Freely is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
oba carr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

Quote:
Originally Posted by I P Freely View Post
You got one side of this only it seems.

He is still a resident and had no issue fighting Sam, just not for $3.

Some promoters, are just c*nts.
Exactly. Its should be put out there that he was willing to fight Sam, Todd Kidd or any other legit welter to defend his title. Its just a shame that some of the local guys would rather take the easy road fighting bums and padding their records than fight somebody legit for a Aussie title.
oba carr is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
I P Freely
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

Quote:
Originally Posted by oba carr View Post
Exactly. Its should be put out there that he was willing to fight Sam, Todd Kidd or any other legit welter to defend his title. Its just a shame that some of the local guys would rather take the easy road fighting bums and padding their records than fight somebody legit for a Aussie title.
You would think a 40yr old with less than 15 fights would have no issue finding an opponent
I P Freely is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
oba carr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

Quote:
Originally Posted by I P Freely View Post
You would think a 40yr old with less than 15 fights would have no issue finding an opponent
Yeah, but he does have 1 problem, he can actually fight.
oba carr is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
andriy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 409
vCash: 100
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

good to see fights like this now happening
andriy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:19 AM   #12
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,947
vCash: 346
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

Quote:
Originally Posted by oba carr View Post
Exactly. Its should be put out there that he was willing to fight Sam, Todd Kidd or any other legit welter to defend his title. Its just a shame that some of the local guys would rather take the easy road fighting bums and padding their records than fight somebody legit for a Aussie title.
x2
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:00 AM   #13
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

IMO, Tukes should've gone ahead with ordered rematch as agreed. One can't demand bigger purse than minimum 3k in such case.
Now he's got no belt & no payday.

When it was quite clear he wasn't going to come good at rematch & mandatory was due, he was offered 5k + to defend against Colomban or 2 other (which I won't name) which he declined. Therefore, I guess, ANBF had no other option but to withdraw his recognition.

Last edited by Da Voice; 08-23-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #14
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

I must say, perhaps ANBF should review minimum 3k purse for defending champ at next ANBF AGM.
I think 4k would be reasonable & doubt that would preclude some of the promoters from staging OZ title defences.

Last edited by Da Voice; 08-23-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #15
I P Freely
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Default Re: Horn vs. Colomban - vacant OZ welter title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Voice View Post
IMO, Tukes should've gone ahead with ordered rematch as agreed. One can't demand bigger purse than minimum 3k in such case.
Now he's got no belt & no payday.

When it was quite clear he wasn't going to come good at rematch & mandatory was due, he was offered 5k + to defend against Colomban or 2 other (which I won't name) which he declined. Therefore, I guess, ANBF had no other option but to withdraw his recognition.
He was not offered 5k for Colomban. Only other fight he was offered was Amonsot, at a catch weight, which was a 6 rounder, which both guys saw no point to.
I P Freely is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013