Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166
Default Creatine or other supplements?

What is your personal experiance for those that have took creatine? Or does anyone have any other recomendations for muscle building supplements.

I am recovering from surgery and trying to get back in shape. I am considering taking a local BJJ class, and want to add strength.
geppy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Creatine or other supplements?

I'd hold off on implementing creatine for a few months if you are just getting into working out.

Best to start off simple, with things like protein, adjustment to diet. Once you start working out and you hit a plateu, then I would think about using creatine monohydrate. Don't worry about all the other expensive junk.. Creatine monohydrate, immediately after you work out with a certain sugar called dextrose.. This is essentially what is sold for twice as much under the names Cell mass, etc.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
bestdefense117
Young Gun
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I wouldn't use creatine if I were you. Creatine is something your body makes naturally so why do you need anymore? Creatine, although builds muscle, can cause a kidney failure ir liver failure and soon you stop taking creatine you lose all the muscle that you gained from Creatine. Weighing the pro's and the con's it just isn't worth taking Creatine.
bestdefense117 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestdefense117
I wouldn't use creatine if I were you. Creatine is something your body makes naturally so why do you need anymore? Creatine, although builds muscle, can cause a kidney failure ir liver failure and soon you stop taking creatine you lose all the muscle that you gained from Creatine. Weighing the pro's and the con's it just isn't worth taking Creatine.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I am not very patient,lol. I went to Walmart and bought " Body Fortress 100 % Pure Creatine Powder". It is really cheap! You get 80 servings of 5 grams for 8.46! So, I just bought it will give it a try.

The bottle claims it accelerates power and recovery from exercise, boost muscle strength & gains by recharging muscles. I have read creatine provides your muscles energy to train harder, thus getting more results.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You don't lose your gains from creatine like he says. It doesn't cause kidney failure or anything like that at all. It can cause stress on your kidneys, as will ANY supplement if you don't properly hydrate.

Creatine isn't going to do it for you, if you are going to want to make quick solid gains. The only thing that works for solid gains is hard work. Creatine may help you put on a lb or two of muscle a month.

Creatine is a supplement that we usually don't get, because we generally don't eat many raw meats anymore. Creatine is desirable because it aids in muscle growth, strength and recovery. Among the only sources you could possibly get creatine from, naturally are raw, uncooked meats, like sushi, or if your crazy enough to eat something like raw steak that has never been heated at all..
Koa is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa
You don't lose your gains from creatine like he says. It doesn't cause kidney failure or anything like that at all. It can cause stress on your kidneys, as will ANY supplement if you don't properly hydrate.

Creatine isn't going to do it for you, if you are going to want to make quick solid gains. The only thing that works for solid gains is hard work. Creatine may help you put on a lb or two of muscle a month.

Creatine is a supplement that we usually don't get, because we generally don't eat many raw meats anymore. Creatine is desirable because it aids in muscle growth, strength and recovery. Among the only sources you could possibly get creatine from, naturally are raw, uncooked meats, like sushi, or if your crazy enough to eat something like raw steak that has never been heated at all..
I have never heard of kidney damage from creatine, like from cases of steroid use.

But I read creatine causes you to retain water. So, for people here in the boxing training forum that cut weight this would be the worst thing you can take. Creatine absorbs water in your body.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #8
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppy
I have never heard of kidney damage from creatine, like from cases of steroid use.

But I read creatine causes you to retain water. So, for people here in the boxing training forum that cut weight this would be the worst thing you can take. Creatine absorbs water in your body.
Yep. It absorbs water, protein and carbs.. Locks it up into the muscle which helps the muscles recover after a heavy workout.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2008, 02:22 AM   #9
joekirkbycobra
King Of The Ring
ESB Addict

i prefer whey protein myself
joekirkbycobra is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2008, 05:00 AM   #10
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Puma
Erhm he's right?
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #11
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

There is no real supplement out there that will give you what they claim in there ads, but from somebody that probably tried at least half of what GNC is still selling in there store, here are a couple supplements that help you greatly with your workout plan.

Nirto Tech Hardcore- It has 30 grams of protein in every serving, it also helps with muscle inducing insulin levels. It helped me to gain weight pretty quick, most of which was muscle. Pro's- tastes pretty good, fast working, helps gain muscle faster than most products out there.
Cons- Kinda expensive at 80 bucs for 20 some servings, seems not increase gains after 2 months of use.

Anator- Probably the best product I ever taken, it's a post workout supplement that's a muscle gene activator. Pros- results are seen fast, good tasting, Cons- pretty expensive at 90 bucs, it makes you feel a little loopy after first taking it, and it sometimes gave me a headache.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #12
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I wouldn't use creatine if I were you. Creatine is something your body makes naturally so why do you need anymore?
The human body makes small amounts of creatine, larger amounts = better performance.

Quote:
Creatine, although builds muscle,
Creatine is used for energy.

Quote:
can cause a kidney failure ir liver failure
As with any supplement there are risks, but only if you don't know what you're doing.

Quote:
and soon you stop taking creatine you lose all the muscle that you gained from Creatine.
Can you explain the difference between muscle gained from creatine and muscle gained from taking whey protein? I don't get what you mean. I think you're thinking of the water weight being lost, not muscle loss.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #13
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I have started mixing Pure whey protien powder called "body fortress" or somthing like that into milk, like a milkshake. A pal gave me it a few weeks ago becuase of eating problems, said it would give me some energy back.

I started lifting some lightweights in the last week or two for basic arm strength, as i have thin arms with no real definition, and i am told this protien drink will basically help my muscles recover quicker.

Could anyone clear this up for me?
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #14
average_joe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Hmm you're right creatine is something your body makes naturally. Just like protein. So obviously you shouldn't take any protein either right?
average_joe is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
average_joe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic
Erhm he's right?
No.
average_joe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing