Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 01-01-2014, 05:54 AM   #1
Monogamous STD
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Any talk of Povetkin coming back soon?

I think he's one of the few higher level action fighters in the division. I was thinking before and after Wlad that he might turn into another Ibragimov and never come back. What was the talk about him at home and has there been any mention of his future plans? I think they should get him into a stay busy fight soon if he plans to keep going.

Was there a lot of talk about the horrible refereeing going against him or were they putting his performance down for not being able to work around it? Anybody from Russia know about the post Wlad fall out? The only thing I know is they wanted to do some official complaint or something about the referee. I haven't heard anything else. Has Kostya Tszyu spoken of him? I'd appreciate anything you've got. Thanks.
Monogamous STD is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449
Default Re: Any talk of Povetkin coming back soon?

Quote:
29th dec

Former heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin (26-1, 18KOs) is looking to add the some muscle to his team. The Olympic gold medal winner suffered his first pro defeat in October, when he dropped a twelve round unanimous decision to WBO/IBO/IBF/WBA champion Wladimir Klitschko.

According to Povetkin's agent, Dmitry Ivanov, they are looking at the possibility of adding veteran coach Rudy Hernandez to the team. They hope someone like Hernandez can assist with Povetkin's training camps, as he prepares to make another title run.

"Alexander is already feeling the hunger to fight, as he continues to train. He just returned from a holiday, but already started training. However, on vacation Alexander tried to keep himself in shape, practicing. After the New Year he will start to prepare very hard [for his return]," Ivanov said.

Quote:
2nd dec

After suffering his first career loss to Wladimir Klitschko, Alexander Povetkin suggested that he was not devastated by his defeat, and was planning on pursuing the road to a re-match with the Ukrainian giant.
Now that it’s almost 2014, Povetkin stated that his next move will be announced in the beginning of next year:
“Everything will be clear in the beginning of the year. All of my contracts are ending, and I need to decide whether to sign again or not, or maybe to do things on my own. Whatever is best for me,“ stated Povetkin.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #3
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
"and I need to decide whether to sign again or not"
He was pretty devastated after his signing coach's disgraceful scandal in South Africa recently and was quoted as saying he didn't know if he had the heart to ever sign again, because he knew he'd learned it the wrong way and was technically talking gibberish for the past sixteen years.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Povetkin needs to get back into the ring. A fight with Glaskov or Fury would be nice.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
silencio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1025

He should come back! With the WBC belt vacated by Vitali, Povetkin's got a real chance...
silencio is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #6
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 450

He'll be scheduled soon.

Probably he'll have a warm-up against one of the lesser WBA-ranked contenders like Mark de Mori, Travis Kauffman or Jovo Pudar, and then fight a legit contender later in the year.
freedom2013 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 03:43 AM   #7
Monogamous STD
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Thanks. I try to keep up with this stuff but I missed this. I hope to see him back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencio View Post
He should come back! With the WBC belt vacated by Vitali, Povetkin's got a real chance...
Agreed. Definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom2013 View Post
He'll be scheduled soon.

Probably he'll have a warm-up against one of the lesser WBA-ranked contenders like Mark de Mori, Travis Kauffman or Jovo Pudar, and then fight a legit contender later in the year.
I guess that's likely enough. I want to see him in soon no matter the opponent but I do hope he gets a chance to fight someone better like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Povetkin needs to get back into the ring. A fight with Glaskov or Fury would be nice.
I'd kill to see him fight Fury or Wilder. I think he beats either but Fury/Povetkin could maybe be as close to a classic as we're going to get these days.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #8
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencio View Post
He is far more championship material than Stiverne or Arreola, that's for sure.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #9
Monogamous STD
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
He is far more championship material than Stiverne or Arreola, that's for sure.

I'd really like to see Povetkin/Stiverne right now. I'd like to see Arreola in a cage match with Kirstie Alley on the undercard.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #10
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Former heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin (26-1, 18KOs) is being pursued by Russian businessman and promoter Andrei Ryabinsky. Povetkin's promotional contract with Sauerland Event expired on December 31. The Olympic gold medal winner was last seen in action on October 5th in Moscow, when he lost a twelve round unanimous decision to WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko.

"We're not going to force Alexander to do something. If he wants to sign a contract with us, he will sign it. If you do not want to, he won't sign it. In any case, our personal relationship is good. That will only change the business relationship. After [Russia's] Christmas, we are going to discuss this subject with Alexander. I don't want to push things, there is no need to," Ryabinsky said.

But the Russian promoter is not alone. Sauerland is also going to speak with Povetkin about extending their business relationship with a new promotional deal. With Vitali Klitschko vacating his WBC championship, the stage is wide open for Sauerland to position him for a shot at the green belt in the near future.

"It is true that his contract ran out on December 31, but we have meetings scheduled with him and his immediate team after the Russian holiday season," Sauerland's General Manager, Chris Meyer

Manning is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #11
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monogamous STD View Post
I'd really like to see Povetkin/Stiverne right now. I'd like to see Arreola in a cage match with Kirstie Alley on the undercard.

Povetkin TKO9 Stiverne

Arreola UD Alley in the wet t-shirt contest, his pert 44Gs absolutely crushing her sagging 34B's.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #12
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Kirstie Alley has LRH thetan powers. Ya'll are merchants OF CHAOS! SP's! SP's! We got SP's over here!!!
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2014, 01:09 AM   #13
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Povetkin needs to fight ASAP.................he would not have beaten Vitali, but he can surely beat Wilder, Stiverne and Arreola, although Arreola does punch very hard.................still, Povetkin can't allow fans to forget him...........
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #14
joshpage
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

alexander povetkin is in talks with travis kauffman for apr or late march but povtkin says may
joshpage is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #15
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

He's still good. Performed way better than I expected against Wlad too.
Faerun is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum