Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Will Mayweather choose an opponent for May 2014 before Pacquiao vs Rios November 23?
Yes. 11 27.50%
No. 29 72.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #16
Zaryu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Mayweather choose an opponent for May 2014 before Pacquiao vs Rios November

I don't think so. But I don't think it will have anything to do with Pacquiao's fight.Floyd has slim pickings right now, he'll probably announce his opponent in Jan-Feb next year.
Zaryu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #17
mancat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Will Mayweather choose an opponent for May 2014 before Pacquiao vs Rios November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florez View Post
So khan is a bigger risk than pac?
Yes. He is longer and rangier and wasn't knocked unconcious for 4 minutes in his last fight.
mancat is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #18
Mr Pibb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florez View Post
Mayweather:"pacquiao, yes you are next" during ortiz-mayweather press conference. Mentions pacs name again lol
Pac had a 5050 split and a 14 day cutoff right under his flat face...but he ran to fight the ALREADY SIGNED joshua clottey.

You guys make it too easy for Arum to pimp ya'll...
Mr Pibb is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #19
ArseBandit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2688

If the Pac fight happens it happens in a years time anyway.
ArseBandit is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
EL CABALLO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Doesn't matter @ all. No allure to the fight anymore... pacquiao lost his chance 4 a nice payday and doesn't deserve another chance after his recent fights. A Rios win shouldn't change that.
EL CABALLO is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #21
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3583

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL CABALLO View Post
Doesn't matter @ all. No allure to the fight anymore... pacquiao lost his chance 4 a nice payday and doesn't deserve another chance after his recent fights. A Rios win shouldn't change that.
^This.
Pactards seem to have memory loss or something but Pac has lost 2 of his last 3 (Really 3 in a row but...) fights including taking an Ambien in his last outing.

Don't deserve a shot at Floyd.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #22
StreetsofRAGE
Ballin
ESB Addict

vCash: 265

Floyd might be waiting a while to see how things shake out, probably until late Dec or January, but he's not waiting on Pacquiao. That fight doesn't make sense anymore. Pac missed that train when he pussied out the first time and all the times after that. He also doesn't deserve the shot at Floyd right now... he got knocked the **** out worse than I've seen anyone get knocked out in years and lost to Bradley also. Winning some shitty fight against Rios, who is also coming off a loss, does nothing to redeem him at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still watch Floyd whoop Pacquiao's ass severely if they ever do fight, but I don't see it ever happening.
StreetsofRAGE is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #23
Stylez G.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'd expect an announcement to be made in January.
Stylez G. is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #24
articuno
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

pac has to leave top rank for this fight to happen.

30milli guarenteed? id pay out the rest of contract
articuno is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #25
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

I dont belive so based on Mayweather Sr. stating that Garcia and Pac are being considered for his next fight.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Jenna J: There is still a fight the boxing fans want to see, and now that there are no other big names out there, do you think a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight can happen?

Floyd Mayweather Sr: You know what, I’m just telling you the truth, that fight could happen, that fight could happen if they get him on the straight and narrow, that fight can happen. That fight can happen much quicker then the Hopkins fight, and Martinez like you were talking about.
I believe that fight with Pacquiao can take place, Amir Khan can take place, for what we got left I think Pacquiao is the man to take a shot at Floyd, and as long as they make sure he do the right things, make sure he clean with everything, check him from head to toe, and if we check him from head to toe, we can go!

We bow down to nobody, and like I said, Pacquiao is a good one, he was not good before, but now being that things are so small, and we ain’t got nobody now, hey look, I guess he is the last man standing, that’s what it looks like to me. I think little Floyd can give Pacquiao a very good whooping, so right now with the way things are looking with him, I think all these guys need to get what’s coming to them anyway, because you get a chance to see what time it is.

..........etc....

Jenna: Alright, well your son is set to return to the ring in May, he’s already announced that, who do you honestly believe he will be in the ring with next? Who do you think has the best chance to get that fight?

Mayweather Sr: Well it’s really kind of tight, I can’t even call that one right now because all the top guys, he’s beat them already so all the rest of this stuff is Kool-Aid, the rest of it is Kool-Aid. I don’t know what’s gonna happen here. It would have to be Garcia more than likely, Garcia or Pacquiao, its gotta be one of them guys. Even though he’s got four more fights he’s got to put together but it’s gotta be one of those guys right now.
Who knows, even thought Marquez made that particularly bold statement that he won’t fight Floyd again or this and that, but it might happen. Sometimes money makes people change their minds. He got Pacquiao out of there so he’s another guy that could be in there too.

Jenna: Floyd I have one final question, this is for you just as a father. Your son is the best pound for pound fighter in the world, a lot of people say he’s one of the best fighters to ever lace it up in the game. He’s made more money than every fighter that has ever fought. He has done things that no one really expected him to do. How proud does that make you, that you made him the fighter that he is today?

Mayweather Sr: I’m a very, very proud father and most definitely glad to be back in his corner and teaching him the things that he needs to know, cause as you’ve seen after the Cotto thing. We don’t know what’s gonna happen but if Cotto decides that he wants to come back and he happens to be one of the four guys, I guarantee you it will be Cotto getting hit with everything and not Floyd, I can promise you that because that happened when I was gone, I’m back now. But I’m a very proud father and I honor my son and cherish my son in whatever he do.
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #26
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

He'll announce it that night.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #27
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

How does a pac fight make no sense if he were to beat rios yet most of you Floyd Boyz are condoning a fight with China chin Khan?
osreyes77 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #28
-GhettoWizard-
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osreyes77 View Post
How does a pac fight make no sense if he were to beat rios yet most of you Floyd Boyz are condoning a fight with China chin Khan?
Because mayweather wouldnt have to line arum's pockets to make a khan fight its that simple
-GhettoWizard- is online now  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #29
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

this has been an ongoing strategy by Floyd to announce his upcoming fight, right before Pacquiao's fight, give or take a few days.
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #30
Stylez G.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
this has been an ongoing strategy by Floyd to announce his upcoming fight, right before Pacquiao's fight, give or take a few days.
When's the last time that has happened?
Stylez G. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum