Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
Sardu
RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitaly Klitschko vs. Mike Tyson

Good matchup Luigi. If it's the prime Tyson of 1986 up until the Douglass fight I think he would beat Vitaly - possibly even inside the distance. Any other version Of Tyson loses to Klitschko by kayo. Vitaly is a whole different animal from his more genteel younger brother. He was not overly cautious, had a great chin, was much more aggressive and punched just as hard. Vitaly's fights with Lewis, Johnson, Sanders, were very action packed.

Tyson from 1986-89 probably beats Vitaly.

Vitaly kayoes any other version of Tyson IMO.
Sardu is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardu
Good matchup Luigi. If it's the prime Tyson of 1986 up until the Douglass fight I think he would beat Vitaly - possibly even inside the distance. Any other version Of Tyson loses to Klitschko by kayo. Vitaly is a whole different animal from his more genteel younger brother. He was not overly cautious, had a great chin, was much more aggressive and punched just as hard. Vitaly's fights with Lewis, Johnson, Sanders, were very action packed.

Thank you. Good prediction btw. I see it similar like you, Vitaly was/ is legacy-wise nothing special, but head-to-head he would be not easy to beat. Tyson would definitely not have an easy fight with him...
Old 02-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #4
Sardu
RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012
ESB Addict

Totally agreed. I think his long kickboxing career really damaged Vitaly's body hence all these recent cancellations of fights. There was basketball player in the mid-1970's to mid-1980's that reminds me of Vitaly. Bill Walton, formerly of the Portland Trail Blazers, San Diego Clippers, and finally the Boston Celtics. This guy did great things on the court but spent the better part of career on the disabled list because of various foot injuries. Vitaly might well be that guy in boxing. Did many good things but was prevented from achieving greater things because his body would simply not hold together.
Sardu is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Totally agreed. I think his long kickboxing career really damaged Vitaly's body hence all these recent cancellations of fights. There was basketball player in the mid-1970's to mid-1980's that reminds me of Vitaly. Bill Walton, formerly of the Portland Trail Blazers, San Diego Clippers, and finally the Boston Celtics. This guy did great things on the court but spent the better part of career on the disabled list because of various foot injuries. Vitaly might well be that guy in boxing. Did many good things but was prevented from achieving greater things because his body would simply not hold together.

Well said!
Old 02-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Tyson had trouble with biggest fighter he fought. Douglas, and Lewis defeated him, and he failed to finish Smith and Tucker. The key for Tyson was a fast start and intimidation. I don't think Vitlai would fear Tyson. I think Tyson becomes undone and Vitlai TKO's him in the later rounds.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
Tyson had trouble with biggest fighter he fought. Douglas, and Lewis defeated him, and he failed to finish Smith and Tucker. The key for Tyson was a fast start and intimidation. I don't think Vitlai would fear Tyson. I think Tyson becomes undone and Vitlai TKO's him in the later rounds.

That´s a scenario which could very well happen IMO, most here will disagree, but IMO it could happen, Vitaly´s 6´7 and 240 lbs compared with his iron chin, workrate and punching power is a nasty all-in-one- package...
Old 02-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #8
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Lennox didn't stop Tucker either, a much farther gone Tucker than Tyson fought.
Russell is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #9
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Lennox didn't stop Tucker either, a much farther gone Tucker than Tyson fought.

What´s that for a logic? Your "Fighter A made this with Fighter C..."- thing doesn´t work, Lewis resume speaks for himself, what Mendoza wrote about Tyson is unfortunately true, he struggled with big HW´s who he couldn´t stop...
Old 02-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #10
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorlax
he dropped less rounds against tucker than lewis did. and he faced a peak tucker. he shutout bonecrusher smith, and stopped 6'4 tyrell biggs.

Biggs was even 6´5 or so, and IMO pretty underrated. I saw his fight against Damiani for example, IMO he had really talent. I didn´t want to sound harsh on Tyson or so, but I don´t know why he´s coming with Lewis now, what has he with Vitaly and Tyson to do? Know what I mean...?
Old 02-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #11
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I'll take it you don't like Tyson, because usually you're a very good poster.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
round15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Agreed. Early Tyson KO's Klitschko inside 10 rounds. The only thing that could save Klitschko from getting knocked out earlier is his conditioning. Vitaly keeps himself in pretty good shape but he'd probably wilt under the body attack of Tyson.

Klitschko could probably KO the Tyson that fought Lennox Lewis in the same amount of rounds if not earlier. It still surprised me to see how bad Tyson was against Lennox Lewis, yet Lewis was still scared of him and backed off using his jab and right hand.
round15 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #13
Sonny's jab

vCash:

Tyson would batter the lumbering oaf.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #14
C. M. Clay II
Manassah's finest!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny's jab
Tyson would batter the lumbering oaf.
Agreed!

Last edited by Skital; 03-05-2007 at 09:09 PM.
C. M. Clay II is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #15
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
I'll take it you don't like Tyson, because usually you're a very good poster.
Oh, I like Tyson. I just think he's over rated and lost all of his legacy fights.
Mendoza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum