Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

Allan Green - Stoppage
Paulie - Points
Johnson - Points
Lovemore - Stoppage (Ortez got stopped by Jessie Feleciano for god's sake )
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #1607
nrgetic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I think having "odds" dictating the amount of points that a tipster gets for picking the right result would be good. This would mean people have greater incentive to pick the under dog. This would have the effect of spreading the tipping results each week as opposed to everyone tipping very similar outcomes.

I know not all fights offer odds based on the results but I think we could even make them up. Any opinions?
nrgetic is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 10:42 PM   #1608
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgetic
I think having "odds" dictating the amount of points that a tipster gets for picking the right result would be good. This would mean people have greater incentive to pick the under dog. This would have the effect of spreading the tipping results each week as opposed to everyone tipping very similar outcomes.

I know not all fights offer odds based on the results but I think we could even make them up. Any opinions?
Sounds interesting and I am fine with any new rules however it maybe upto the guys that calculate the scores and making it complicated may take longer to work out the scores.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #1609
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgetic

It would be too much work for the people organising, in both developing odds and then tallying the results. Otherwise would be an okay idea.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 11:33 PM   #1610
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Okay can everyone who is currently going to be joining the comp please vote or say that they either agree or disagree on certain changes. Otherwise we will just be going around in circles. What are your thoughts on the joker? Should it stay the same or should it be already allocated to a certain match up every week? Should we add the possibility of being able to pick a close or wide UD, or an early or late KO? Should we be able to have odds that would be allocated to each match up every week? Bearing in mind that the people organising would have to be ready to agree. For those of you who came up with the ideas please state EXACTLY what your idea entails so people can be clear on what they are agreeing to here!!!
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #1611
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

MY IDEA: Being able to vote for an Wide Points win (anywhere from 7-12 points difference) or Close Popints win (anywhere from 1-6) points difference on at least 2 of the judges scorecards. Or alternatively being able to vote for an Early KO (Rounds 1-6) or a Late KO (Rounds 7-12). Two points being awarded for picking the correct margin. Therefore making the system work as follows: 2 points for the correct fighter. Two points for the correct method of victory (KO or Points), and two points for picking the winning margin. IMO this would give another aspect to seperate the good tippers from the bad, and make the comp more interesting. Also puts a greater risk with the placement of your joker. I am open to other suggestions also if anyone feels they could imrove on this in some way???
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #1612
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

My Votes: Joker automatically allocated- YES, Ability to pick Margin- YES, Ability to provide odds for match ups- NO. On second thought Joker allocation might not be so bad if there was more at stake on the pick, and if its a very close match up.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #1613
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
My Votes: Joker automatically allocated- YES, Ability to pick Margin- YES, Ability to provide odds for match ups- NO. On second thought Joker allocation might not be so bad if there was more at stake on the pick, and if its a very close match up.
I agree with all u said MSTR, except i think we should have 1 of the matches of the round set as the joker match.
Probably 1 of the more even matches should be set as the joker match on all weeks by me.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2008, 12:33 AM   #1614
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
I agree with all u said MSTR, except i think we should have 1 of the matches of the round set as the joker match.
Probably 1 of the more even matches should be set as the joker match on all weeks by me.
Looks like you are in total agreeance with my post then hahaha. I probably didn't word it very well, but I was trying to say that on second thought I think that would be a good idea.!!!!
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #1615
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Looks like you are in total agreeance with my post then hahaha. I probably didn't word it very well, but I was trying to say that on second thought I think that would be a good idea.!!!!
Wicked then.
Yeah i liked that Joker match idea hey.
Matches like Pacquiao vs Juan Marquez, Pavlik vs Taylor, Vazquez vs Rafa Marquez would be great examples of this coming up.

Last edited by donkeyrigged; 12-03-2006 at 12:05 AM.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2008, 12:59 AM   #1616
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

We could add an extra aspect to the gambling side this. Ie. for the joker match a tipper can elect to sacrfice say 5 points from their total to bid on exact result of the match, if they get it wrong they've permantly lost 5 points from their total, if they win they get the 5 back plus an additional 5...
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2008, 01:24 AM   #1617
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

IMO it would put too much weight on the one fight. Say for instance the changes are put in the comp regarding choosing the margin. The Joker match up already has an extra 6 points riding on it already. Thats a LOT of points. Adding another 5 means that provided you choose the joker correctly you can virtually win a round based on one fight alone.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2008, 02:35 AM   #1618
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

here goes:

Allan Green -stoppage
Paul Malignaggi - ud - points
Glen Johnson -stoppage
Lovermore Ndou - ud - points
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #1619
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Some interesting ideas MSTR mate.

Speaking of tipping & bets i won some money last night on Steve Cunningham.
He was paying at $3.50.
It worked out good hey Kegsy, i put just $50 on, but really should have bet more.

Thats 4 bets in a row right, i think ill bet on Paulie winning on the 6th.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2008, 10:34 PM   #1620
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
It worked out good hey Kegsy, i put just $50 on, but really should have bet more.

Thats 4 bets in a row right, i think ill bet on Paulie winning on the 6th.
Yeah i only put $20 on, but still better than nothing i guess.
Yeah Paulie is gonna win this weekend easy IMO.
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum