Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #1711
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgetic
Oops - I forgot to tip the Pascal fight - I was going to tip Pascal by stoppage (how is this deal with in the competition rules?)
Considering that almost everyone picked Pascal to win, and that you are usually very honest with your tips I will just put you down for Pascal by Stoppage.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #1712
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Considering that almost everyone picked Pascal to win, and that you are usually very honest with your tips I will just put you down for Pascal by Stoppage.
and who said the guru wasnt a good bloke
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #1713
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

Bonsu won on points and Munoz due to fight today.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #1714
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

i really think Kawashima will take Munoz the distance... he still moves quite well and has a pretty sturdy chin from memory (did well in the first MIjares fight and took some pretty big shots)
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #1715
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

YEah i've picked points for Munoz. Kawashima will stick it out!
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #1716
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

where is ol' Boppa?
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #1717
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

I think after his pitiful showing in the last tipping comp he has gone into hiding hahaha.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #1718
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I think after his pitiful showing in the last tipping comp he has gone into hiding hahaha.

I was thinkin the same. This place misses his passion for Aussie fighters.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #1719
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

speaking of tips and betting... anyone think Oleg Maskaev can KO Sam Peter? I consider it a distinct possibility and it will be paying great odds...
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #1720
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
speaking of tips and betting... anyone think Oleg Maskaev can KO Sam Peter? I consider it a distinct possibility and it will be paying great odds...
Nah i aint too confident man.
It would pay nice tho.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #1721
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Nah i aint too confident man.
It would pay nice tho.
yeah i was just thinking about it and on some level it makes logical sense... Peter's chin has been exposed, Maskaev has more pop than McCline and he will bring it to Peter

But ring rust and age are also factors.... it would have to be a relatively early KO imo

might just use vcash instead of real money haha
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:07 PM   #1722
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
yeah i was just thinking about it and on some level it makes logical sense... Peter's chin has been exposed, Maskaev has more pop than McCline and he will bring it to Peter

But ring rust and age are also factors.... it would have to be a relatively early KO imo

might just use vcash instead of real money haha
yeah i have thought about it mate, Peter isnt all that, and can be hit, Maskaev is a pretty good puncher, and he throws enough to trouble Peter.

Both are a little chinny, maybe Maskaev more so, but Maskaev has fought way better opposition than Peter.

I might bet on Maskaev, but just the win, he will pay about $4 just for the win, so i dont think i take the full risk and go for a KO win.
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #1723
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

I wouldn't even be to confident about Maskaev winning. He is almost 40 now, and Peters chin has hardly been exposed... He copped some massive shots from Wlad, who ring apparently rated the hardest p4p puncher in boxing and didn't go down. Good chance he was just caught with a really good shot, and took time to recover. Peter v Maskaev is pretty much pick em in my books.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #1724
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
yeah i have thought about it mate, Peter isnt all that, and can be hit, Maskaev is a pretty good puncher, and he throws enough to trouble Peter.

Both are a little chinny, maybe Maskaev more so, but Maskaev has fought way better opposition than Peter.

I might bet on Maskaev, but just the win, he will pay about $4 just for the win, so i dont think i take the full risk and go for a KO win.
Experience here IS NOT a factor. Peter has fought the high profile fights against Wlad, Toney and Mcline and has not choked at any stage yet. I really don't see the massive difference in terms of opponents anyway that you are pointing out. His best win is against Hassim Rahman, and his other top opponents McCall and Tua knocked him out. If anyones chin has been exposed before it has been Maskeav, who has been KO'd by Tua, Sanders, Johnson, McCall, WHitaker and Johnson. Sanders, Whitaker and Johnson are far from what I would call world beaters. Peter has a very good chance in this fight, especially if he lands with something heavy.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #1725
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I wouldn't even be to confident about Maskaev winning. He is almost 40 now, and Peters chin has hardly been exposed... He copped some massive shots from Wlad, who ring apparently rated the hardest p4p puncher in boxing and didn't go down. Good chance he was just caught with a really good shot, and took time to recover. Peter v Maskaev is pretty much pick em in my books.
hmmm id lean abit more towards Peter and for the reason he can employ a plan that is jab jab jab (I laughed while writing that cause Peter is hardly a "boxer") Its a fight i wouldnt put my hard earned vCash
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013