Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 09-02-2007, 02:17 AM   #661
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: NEW Aussie Boxing Tipping Comp

is the new on my boy torres true???? come onnnn!!!!!! first bit of good news ive heard all dayyyy wwoooohoooo
maco_187 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2007, 02:18 AM   #662
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

Ordinary week for me. Damn, was hoping to come in a little higher! Nice going with your joker Boppa! Lucky!!
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2007, 02:30 AM   #663
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress
Ordinary week for me. Damn, was hoping to come in a little higher! Nice going with your joker Boppa! Lucky!!
Fana was my Joker. i thought i was gone for all money until Torres TKO'd the chinless Holt which i thought would happen earlier but they say Torres was holding back a bit and not going with his instinct to go after Holt.

Ive seen Holt before very very chinny. i wasnt impressed but having said that he was infront in the fight but Torres should have Ko'd him earlier he just didnt back his ability.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2007, 03:09 AM   #664
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

OK THE OFFICIAL RESULTS FROM THIS WEEKS FIGHTS.

Torres TKO 11
Niida UD 12
Fana KO 9
Dawson KO 1
Zuniga KO 9
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2007, 03:22 AM   #665
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
Like Zab Judah and Kendall Holt so your saying you have a chin like these fighters.

We may have only ok to above average fighters in world boxing at the moment but considering how many sports the Aussies play and how many Teams we have as World Champions with the population we have its funny how you can say what your saying.

I mean the Aussie population is about the same as New York's and we are great at so many sports probably up there in the top 5 sporting nations in the World yet your population is 200 million more or so probably more than that and we still beat you at some sports.

You really have no clue on anything do you.
considering we play so many sports in Australia we are lucky to have as many good boxers as we have.
Thanks Boppa for finally shutting that guys trap.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2007, 06:01 AM   #666
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

A bad week for me only Dawson and Fana, with my joker on Dawson.
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2007, 06:59 AM   #667
Dekkers
Team Bergeron
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgetic
FUUUUUUUUUCK!
Bugger
Dekkers is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2007, 11:23 PM   #668
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

Chaos in Colombia as Torres Stops Holt in Eleven

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] By Keith Idec
BARRANQUILLA, Colombia - In what rapidly turned into a dangerous environment for virtually everyone inside the Jumbo Saloon Country Club early Sunday morning, Kendall Holt's championship dream was washed away amid a downpour of beer, soda and water.
Holt was ahead of World Boxing Organization junior welterweight champion Ricardo Torres on two of three scorecards entering the 11th round, but Torres dropped Holt near Holt's corner with a right hand that gave the hometown hero a chance to complete a remarkable comeback. What transpired thereafter, though, is open to interpretation.
As Holt tried to use his legs and held to avoid another powerful punch from Torres (32-1, 28 KOs) in the 11th round, he continuously slipped on what was an extremely slick surface caused by fans hurling innumerable full beer cans and bottles and cans of soda and water into the ring. With flying ice cubes, liquids, plastic and aluminum seemingly endangering the safety of Holt and Torres, referee Genaro Rodriguez, who also appeared to stand directly in harm's way, declined to halt the action so that the surface could be dried and order could be restored around ringside.
The Chicago-based referee instead stopped the fight with a tiring, retreating Holt (22-2, 12 KOs) still on his feet late in the 11th. Holt, his manager/assistant trainer, Henry Cortes, and head trainer Aroz Gist all attempted to protest the stoppage, but Rodriguez dismissed their complaints in the ring, which quickly filled with fans security personnel couldn't stop.
"(Rodriguez) didn't say anything (in the ring)," Holt said. "He said, 'Move. It's over. You were hurt.' "
Their exchange was much more heated in the lobby of the Barranquilla Plaza Hotel once Holt arrived from the nearby arena. While walking past Rodriguez, who was talking with other WBO officials, an emotional Holt screamed obscenities at Rodriguez for actions Holt believes cost him the WBO's 140-pound crown. Rodriguez responded by telling Holt, "F*ck you!," and then moved toward Holt, before bystanders intervened.
Moments earlier, Rodriguez acknowledged near ringside that the slippery surface might've warranted a break in the action.
"It could've been slippery enough," Rodriguez said, "but the action of the fight was more important at that time."
Rolando Marcos-Hermoso, the WBO's rules supervisor for the fight, contradicted Rodriguez moments later, stating that WBO rules require a stoppage when a surface is that slippery.
"That's what the rules state should've happened," Marcos-Hermoso said. "I don't want to step ahead of myself, but I do want to have a conversation with Rodriguez about the situation."
Marcos-Hermoso seemingly dismissed any responsibility for the chaos that unfolded during and after the fight, too.
"At the moment it was happening," Marcos-Hermoso said, "there was a lot of aggression and the crowd was getting crazy and there was a lot of emotions going on. The local authorities never guaranteed protection for the event here."
Colombia's Billie Chams, a respectable man who had conducted a smooth, first-rate promotion prior to fight night, admitted afterward that he was embarrassed by the actions of many of the roughly 1,600 in attendance. "I am not proud of the crowd, just because that never happens here," Chams said. "In this place, the crowd is always perfect. And tonight, I don't like the things that I saw. ... I never expected that to happen because I've promoted (21 previous) world title fights and it never happened."
When the scary scene unfolded early Sunday morning, no one seemed safe.
Darren Antola, Holt's cut man, was hit with a full beer can, which left him with a knot on the back of his head as he prepared to head to the airport for his flight back to New Jersey. Ashema Evans, Holt's girlfriend, suffered a cut on her leg when out-of-control Colombian fans began toppling tables in the VIP section to bum rush the ring, which looked like the ring at Madison Square Garden the night a riot broke out during the Riddick Bowe-Andrew Golota fight in July 1996.
"Could you imagine what would've happened had Kendall knocked this guy out?," Antola asked. "They acted like this and their guy won. We wouldn't have made it out of there alive if he lost."
Even Miami-based welterweight Hicklet Lau, Torres' primary sparring partner for the Holt fight, said, "I was scared, and I wasn't even in there boxing." Torres was more fearful because he thought at least a brief break in the action was inevitable during the eighth round. "I was worried that the referee would've stopped it in the middle of the round, to calm the people down," Torres said through Lau, who interpreted for the champion.
"That would've given time for Kendall Holt to recuperate."
Torres recuperated well after Holt dropped him with a left-right combination in the sixth round, despite that he didn't seem to really regain his legs until the ninth round. His cornermen implored him to pressure Holt because they thought he was down "two or three points" after nine rounds, according to Torres.
Torres was actually only down one point through 10 rounds on the scorecard of Miami's Stuart Winston (95-94), but seven points down on the card of Puerto Rico's Jose Torres (98-91). The third judge, Barranquilla's Manuel Rodriguez, predictably had Torres in front following 10 rounds (95-94).
Had the 11th round ended, however, Holt would've been behind on two of the three cards due to the knockdown he suffered during that three-minute period. Had the 12th round started, Rodriguez (105-102) and Winston (104-103) would've had Torres in front, while Holt would've remained comfortably ahead on Torres' card (106-101).
"I was slipping all over the place," Holt said of the 11th round. "Like I was telling them (before the fight), if I lose, I lose. But don't cheat me. I'm a man and he's man. If he beat me, fine, he beat me. But not like that. ... I got cheated, point blank."
Holt seemingly should've been credited with another knockdown earlier in the bout, as a right hand to Torres' chin forced Torres to use the ropes to prevent him from falling out of the ring. Rodriguez ruled that a slip. Still, Torres is certain that Rodriguez saved Holt from danger by stepping in when he did.
"I thought Kendall Holt was seriously hurt and that the referee did the right job," Torres said. "If it would've continued, he could've been seriously injured."
The night began in much more positive fashion for Holt, who was slightly favored by oddsmakers despite that the champion and one of the judges are from Barranquilla.
Holt was led to ring by a pair of tin instrument-playing, bongo-banging Barranquilla brothers, 12-year-old Reinaldo and 11-year-old Royer Castano, whom the affable boxer befriended while they were making music for money outside the Barranquilla Plaza Hotel, where Holt and his handlers stayed.
Cortes also arranged to play a popular Colombian song, "Amor de Mi Sabana," that temporarily endeared him to the imposing pro-Torres crowd. The 26-year-old fighter from Paterson, New Jersey, also wore multi-cultural gear into the ring, which had the colors of the American flag on the front and the colors of the Colombian flag across the back.
Torres, meanwhile, defended his WBO belt for the second time. The fight was broadcast on free TV throughout Colombia, but it wasn't televised at all in the United States. Chams, Torres' co-promoter along with Top Rank Inc., unsuccessfully tried to sell the American broadcast rights to the fight to DirectTV and Dish Network when neither HBO nor Showtime boxing executives expressed interest in paying a license fee for it.
The 27-year-old Torres earned $135,750 for the bout, as per terms of a WBO-ordered 75-25 purse split for the mandatory match. Holt was paid $45,250, roughly $5,000 less than he earned for defeating Greece's Mike Arnaoutis in an elimination match to secure this title shot on April 20 in Atlantic City. Torres defeated Arnaoutis (17-2-2, 9 KOs) by a widely disputed split decision on Nov. 17 in Las Vegas to win a WBO belt unbeaten
Miguel Cotto (30-0, 25 KOs) relinquished last year to move up to the welterweight division.
Torres, who has only been beaten by Cotto,, made the first defense of his 140-pound crown on April 28 in Barranquilla, where he dominated Mexico's Arturo Morua (24-10-1, 13 KOs) throughout their 12-round fight. His second defense was much more controversial, and could prompt to Holt-led litigation to either force an immediate rematch or have the bizarre bout declared a no contest.
"This is the type of stuff that sucks about the boxing business," Cortes said. "You work so hard, you come here and then you get ****ing robbed. It's unfortunate. I just hope the WBO does the right thing. What else can we do?" When asked about a rematch, Torres seemed disinterested.
"I've been in other places and seen worse things happen," Torres said. "But if it happens and there has to be a rematch, and it's the right money, I'll be ready."
Keith Idec covers boxing for the Herald News and The Record of N.J.
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #669
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublesuited
Thank god I'm not! I can actually take a punch in the ring without quitting or getting starched.

you can take a punch in the ring eh? i always knew you were a homo
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #670
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Thanks Boppa for finally shutting that guys trap.
this guy is like that bit of shit that clings to your ass after a shit.

You know the one.
And anytime Kegsy ANYTIME.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2007, 03:38 AM   #671
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I cant believe Holt thought he was cheated i mean what did he expect fighting in Columbia.

Plus he always had a very suspect chin. Holt wasnt robbed especially when you get hurt bad and the ref stops the fight. Thats not robbed Erik Morales was robbed in his last fight that is robbed Kendall.

I thought it was funny when just about everyone here picked Holt obviously they did'nt see him on ESPN Friday Night fights like i did.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 12:38 AM   #672
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
I cant believe Holt thought he was cheated i mean what did he expect fighting in Columbia.

Plus he always had a very suspect chin. Holt wasnt robbed especially when you get hurt bad and the ref stops the fight. Thats not robbed Erik Morales was robbed in his last fight that is robbed Kendall.

I thought it was funny when just about everyone here picked Holt obviously they did'nt see him on ESPN Friday Night fights like i did.
Yeh well i wont see the fight until next week, until then i cant say what or what not had happened.
Well Boppa we all saw Lewis get ko'd by the rock and mcall, why didnt everyone else pick against him against everyone else he fought after that?
We all saw Zab get ko'b by Zoo, yet still many people thought he can beat Cotto(cotto's been hurt but neve ko'd).
Torres has a better chin than holt, but since holt lost on Fnf's he is now a bum who will get ko'd by anyone?

Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 12:40 AM   #673
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

Controversy in Colombia!
September 3, 2007
By [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Kendall Holts attempt to win a world title came up short when he traveled to hostile territory in,Colombia to face WBO junior welterweight champion Ricardo Torres. Speaking from the safety of a Miami Airport, Holt told Fightnews.com, "Colombia was nothing but chaos man. You had beer cans coming down, bottled waters, you had cups with ice....the whole nine yards coming right into the ring....the crowd was throwing everything they got in the ring at me." Manager Henry Cortez stated "Kendall got hit with a beer can in the face. When Kendall went down, which was at the corner of Ricardo Torres, somebody pulled his leg, I mean it was just crazy....Kendall Holt dominated Ricardo Torres. The thing is, if Kendall knocks out Ricardo Torres, we don't come out of there alive!"
Q&A KENDALL HOLT
Kendall, sounds like you had a pretty tough fight with everyone, not just the fighter in the ring?
Jose, It was worse than Riddick Bowe against Golota. (In reference to the wild crowd)
Pandemonium huh?
Pandemonium is exactly right.
At any point did you fear for your life?
You know what? I was just concentrating on Ricardo. The eleventh round was just a bull rush that I had to deal with. I could deal with the bull rush but I couldn't keep my footing because I was slipping all over the place. At the same time, right before the referee stopped it, I am pushing him off so I can get my balance and fight back!
Now, you had him hurt, you had him down in that sixth round, that's when you got hit with that beer can in the face. Did that hinder you, and not being able to finish the job?
I couldn't see out of my right eye. I would see blurry, he got saved by the bell. The very next round, the bell rang, they gave two minutes to tie his boots. The referee goes to his corner and tells him to tie his boots! All the people from Colombia, at the Hotel the restaurants, everybody comes to me and congratulates me and tells me that I got cheated on that fight. The whole country said, that I won the fight. Everywhere I went people stopped me to take pictures, autographs, they wanted T-shirts, they wanted headbands, whatever they could get, they wanted. They was just, so happy, they was like "he is one of our guys, from our country, but he really lost."
Now Ricardo Torres, if he gives you a rematch, would you fight him in Colombia?
(Laughs) I hope that's a sarcastic question Jose. I wouldn't go back for nothing.
What's next after this?
Hopefully we can get this decision overturned. They can see (on the tape) when this guy, grabs my leg and hopefully that will transpire into a disqualification and give me the right to wear the title by disqualification.
But, to settle things in the ring. Would you fight Torres in the states?
Oh, I would definitely fight him in the states.
Would you finish him this time?
Definitely, because I won't box with him this time, I will go out there with an aggressive jab. I'm going after him. I'm going to make him fold like a poker hand, a bad poker hand.
Did you feel his power, anything that you can't deal with?
Look, the boy can hit hard, he can hit hard. He caught me with one hard punch in the entire fight. That was in the fourth round, he caught me with a hook, and that was the only time I felt his power.
Now, talk to me about that eleventh round.
Eleventh round, he came out in a bull rush, all right. I knew I was in control of the fight, a moved around, giving him a lot of movement. Because I know, when I moved, he stopped. But then he cornered me, he caught me… I go down and I get right back up. When I get back up, that's when, that's when all hell breaks loose. They wanted (the crowd) wanted me to stay down.
So, you get back up, they began throwing all this items onto the ring. Nobody stops it, nobody calls time and takes order, correct? The fight continues despite all this going on?
I'm slipping, he is throwing punches, I don't even feel getting f**king hit, but I'm slipping, I'm trying to push him off me as he is coming, you know, it was hard fighting him, fighting the people, fighting with stuff on the ground (bottles, debris on the canvas) I'm fighting…(he pauses, to reflect) you know what? Because I was winning. You know? The rules state that if people throw stuff in the ring, you got to stop, clean and break. Geno Rodriguez said it was more important, not to stop the action and you know at first he said that he didn't know there was stuff in the ring. First he said he didn't, then he said it wasn't important to stop the action!
How soon, do you want to get back in the ring with Torres?
You know what? I just want them to overturn the decision. They will see that the guy did grab my leg. You know what will make me real happy? That they mandate a rematch and Ricardo was to say 'alright, I don't want to fight you.' Thank you give me my belt.
Let's say you get your belt Kendall, who do you want to fight?
Who do I want to fight? Geno Rodriguez....at a catch weight.
(Laughs) I got ya. What would like to say to your fans here on Fightnews?
I would like to thank everybody for their continued support. I would like for Geno Rodriguez (the referee) to man up, and admit that he made a mistake. I argued with him and I yelled at him at the hotel, (the night of the fight) which was wrong. I tried to apologize to him the next morning, but he said he didn't want to talk to me, which is fine. I just wanted him to know that I was apologizing and that I was wrong. I shouldn't have done that, I made a mistake, I apologized. If he made a mistake, apologize! Things happen, we're human. He probably was scared, and I have got to say that the WBO will do the right thing, they are one of the best organizations out there.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 12:43 AM   #674
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

Q&A HENRY CORTEZ
Talk to us about what happened Henry.
Henry Cortez: Colombia was nothing but chaos man. People throwing beer cans, bottled waters and the whole nine yards with Kendall Holt in the ring in the eleventh round.
Kendall was ahead in the bout until that eleventh round?
It was a shut out, Kendall won every round except for the round he went down. Kendall controlled the fight, dominated Ricardo Torres, it was actually an easy fight for Kendall, easy fight.
What was it that allowed Kendall to get caught with a punch in the eleventh round?
Kendall got up against the ropes, he made the mistake, and he started exchanging with him. He got caught with a good shot, you know, he went down, but as soon as he went down, he got up, jumped around. He was fine, and as soon as he got up the crowd was throwing everything they got in the ring at him.
These were individuals sitting close to ringside?
No, you know what it was, the place was set up like a theater. The actual ring was set up to the front with the balcony right above the ring. You had beer cans coming down, bottled waters, you had cups with ice the whole nine yards coming right into the ring!
The referee made no attempt of stopping the bout to control order?
Geno Rodriguez made no attempt, not once, to stop the fight, call time-out and set order. I think, you know, I think because he's human, he probably got scared, everybody got scared. It was chaos. Let me tell you what he said to the newspapers (In Colombia), because we got it recorded, at first he says, "Well, I didn't see anything coming into the ring" which is crazy because everybody saw it. Then he says, that he saw it but he felt that the action was more important, which it didn't make sense because Kendall was slipping all over the place and getting hit with some. As a matter of fact, when Kendall went down which was at the corner of Ricardo Torres, somebody pulled his leg, I mean it was just crazy! Somebody pulled his leg.
Did anybody from Kendall's corner see that?
No, well I didn't see it, at the time I was more worried about getting hit with something, to be honest with you, yeah it was crazy. I mean from round one it was out of control. We couldn't even get into the ring because they were bombarding us (making their ring entrance at the start of the fight). We had to like fight are way through the crowed to get to the ring, nobody walked us in. I was like 'holy shit,' it was just crazy.
Was there any security there or police?
You know what, I think they had like two or three cops. That was it. I didn't see anyone else, I saw personally myself, two police officers, that was it.
What was the capacity at this place, how many could it hold?
It wasn't a big place, but it was packed, like two thousand. Even in the 6th round when Kendall laid out Ricardo and once we get the tape I want to check the count because the count seemed, instead of 10 seconds it was like 15 seconds. Kendall got hit with a beer can in the face.
This happened when Kendall dropped Torres?
Yes, when Kendall was in the neutral corner he got hit with a can of beer in the face. That was the only shot out of the other two that Ricardo hit him with, because Ricardo couldn't touch him. Kendall Holt dominated Ricardo Torres. The thing is, if Kendall knocks out Ricardo Torres, we don't come out of there alive!
So, what's the next step for the Kendall Holt camp?
Were doing an automatic protest and what I would like to see is that the WBO steps up and does the honest thing. Reviews the tape, get us a no contest. Eliminate this fight that just happened, because it's not even a reality first of all, there should be a mandatory rematch.
When you said automatic protest, did you talk to the WBO people right there after the match?
I left Paco a message (over the phone) and at the fight I spoke to the supervisor and I think the supervisor was a little…, everything that happened was little over his head and he wanted to digest everything, probably wants to sit back and analyze the tape. He didn't really want to remark on it, he was kind of nervous about what he was going to say. He want's to sit back and see what happens, but I think he knows in his heart, because he was there, he was there.
He was there? Well, what more do you want?
I even spoke to the judges, and their exact words where "These people are animals." They couldn't believe what was happening. You know Stewart Winston was at the hotel, and he apologized, and I told him 'it's not your fault.' It's not the promoters fault. It's just sad because you know what? We had a real good time. We enjoyed Colombia. The people loved Kendall there, everything was great up until the fight. The promoter did a great job, promoting the fight. Kendall was on the front page of the newspapers every day. You know, they loved Kendall more than Ricardo, up until the fight. It was Kendall Holt in the front pages, on the television news. But hey listen, I think Geno just got nervous or something man. It was crazy, he made a mistake. When he watches the video and sees what happened, it says it how it is.
Even so, you are not returning to Colombia and fight again are you?
No, we are not going to Colombia to fight there, but like I said earlier, you know what, the good side is that we are here at home (with a sigh of relief) in the United States, we're in Miami right now and I think if Kendall Holt knocks this guy out, maybe we don't make it out of there.
That's what it sounds like, yeah.
It's just four or five guys from America there, what are you going to do? You know, instead of beer and water bottles, they would be throwing chairs.
Now, when the stoppage was called (Torres flurries), Kendall was throwing punches back and he was fine?
Oh, yeah he was punching back. Ricardo did not even touch him, but in the flurry Kendall was more trying to keep his balance, but then I talked to him and he tells me 'Somebody grabbed my leg.' I look over to Ricardo's corner and there is like 30 people in the corner. God knows who did it, you know? There was just no control, it was just crazy. No security, no order. I think the WBO, they are one of the best organizations around and hopefully they will do the right thing, I know tomorrow is a holiday but I will have my attorney, Patrick English, jump right on it, and do it formal, you know. I just wanted to add Jose, that Billie Chams, the whole promotion team, they are great people. They treated us like family. There is nothing bad to say about them but unfortunately what happened, happened. He is a very honest guy, that is well respected, one of those old time guys, that his word is gold, you know?
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 01:51 AM   #675
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Next Weeks Matches
Junior Witter vs Vivian Harris - WBC Light Welterweight Title
Zab Judah vs Edwin Vazquez - 10 Rounds Welterweights. On ESPN!!
Dimitri Sartison vs Gusmyl Perdomo - WBA Fedelatin Super Middleweight Title. Could Be A Future Mundine Opponent??
Takashi Uchiyama vs Nedal Hussein - Vacant OPBF Super Featherweight Title
Abner Mares vs Isidro Garcia - WBO NABO Bantamweight Title

Last edited by Jokker; 05-31-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum